PDA

View Full Version : Regional Series Play an Important Role in Dirt Late Model Racing

Returning to Dirt
03-04-2016, 05:15 AM
http://insidedirtracing.com/regional-series-play-an-important-role-in-dirt-late-model-racing/

Not everyone can afford to race on a national series like Lucas or WoO and it would be impossible for fans to see all of those races so the regional tours serve an important function in dirt racing.

Kwd1253
03-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Very good read and have to agree. I hear people say there to many regional circuits but I tell them there not enough I different regions. I think lot the series need bump up the payouts and work with each other have series vs series race. At times I wish I could find the backing to help make a nation regional champion race at the end of the year. Only regional and local racer invite, no national tour guys don't need them to get fans to come. Give pay outs for c main, b main, a main. But that just a pipe dream

allWIS1
03-04-2016, 09:47 AM
These regional series are going to replace the weekly Late Model show because promoters won't be able to run them weekly. This has already happened in some areas. If these regional series work together this could all work out good for both racers and fans alike. Promoters in the long run should benefit also.

3 wide
03-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Your exactly right there are no promoters races anymore if you look back before all these series started there was always a promoters race somewhere and all the promoters that have got any sense have gone to only big races on sat night I have been watching this for years and they are falling like dominos I think tom helfrich at haubstaudt ,in was first look at smokey mountain, volunteer,browns town is almost this way I noticed this year some tracks only running 6 or 7 races now what happens when the series don't have a track to race at.

champion24
03-05-2016, 02:39 PM
We think that we have too many regional tours in the South. Apparently, it isn't the case in a lot of the country. But I believe the weekly "super" late models tracks are in deep trouble.

old fan
03-05-2016, 06:23 PM
These regional series are going to replace the weekly Late Model show because promoters won't be able to run them weekly. This has already happened in some areas. If these regional series work together this could all work out good for both racers and fans alike. Promoters in the long run should benefit also.and is that a good thing how can not having weekly race be a good I am confused

Snake X3
03-05-2016, 06:51 PM
At times I wish I could find the backing to help make a nation regional champion race at the end of the year. Only regional and local racer invite, no national tour guys don't need them to get fans to come. Give pay outs for c main, b main, a main. But that just a pipe dream

When I was watching highlights of the Toilet Bowl I was thinking the same thing...especially with a couple of Southern regional series in action tonight. I'd really like to see an invitational for the top drivers from different areas of the country to compete. I think there would be a lot of fan interest since so many of us list our favorite drivers as guys from our area. If nothing else it would give the fans bragging rights and something to argue about other than which chassis brand is best. LOL

As you said, unfortunately that's just a pipe dream, but it would be cool if someone could make it happen.