PDA

View Full Version : What's the dirt late model fans favorite band?

D. Tidrow
03-06-2016, 02:55 AM
I like type o negative

ClampedUp
03-06-2016, 03:33 AM
Primus, Pantera, Texas Hippie Coalition....
50+ year old metal head!! LOL!!

edavis71
03-06-2016, 03:44 AM
Primus, Pantera, Texas Hippie Coalition....
50+ year old metal head!! LOL!!

The Eagles, but at one time I was a Pantera freak. Had all their cds and home videos. CRAZY stuff!!!

cmmg42
03-06-2016, 03:58 AM
Megadeth
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Pantera

pink floyd
03-06-2016, 06:31 AM
pink floyd

nlhenry55
03-06-2016, 06:36 AM
The Marshall Tucker Band, southern rock at its best, Also, The Eagles, Atlanta Rythm Section & Lynrd Skynrd.

allWIS1
03-06-2016, 06:38 AM
When I get to within an hour of the track I'm heading to there's a Tool CD I put in that gets me going. But AC\DC, Metallica and Black Sabbath work also. Rock on.

Stan Donnit
03-06-2016, 06:51 AM
311...:cool:

T22racing
03-06-2016, 07:51 AM
deftones, he is legend, local h, maylene and the sons of disaster,

mskdorf
03-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Blackberry Smoke is tops for me right now.

TheJet-09
03-06-2016, 08:13 AM
From the better days: Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Iron maiden. From not too long ago: Collective Soul, Local H, Kings-X. As of late: Alter Bridge, Hell Yeah, Kings of Leon.

edavis71
03-06-2016, 08:28 AM

Good stuff for sure!!!

Snake X3
03-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Slayer!!!!!

One Man Gang
03-06-2016, 12:14 PM
KISS
AC/DC
Jackyl
Alice in Chains
Deep Purple

Barbecueboy
03-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Josh Brannon band
Sqwerl
Ratt
Currently playing a lot now.

Guess my all time favorites would be Rush....pink Floyd....queen...black sabbath and skynard.

LMPunk
03-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Changes probably daily. Today it's 'Zeppelin.

Josh Bayko
03-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Currently, my favorite bands trend towards heavier music. I'm a big fan of Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Parkway Drive, Texas Hippie Coalition, Mastadon, and Saint Asonia. I have Sirius XM and its generally on Octane or Liquid Metal.

GEAR_HEAD
03-06-2016, 01:34 PM
I like type o negative

Type O Negative is one of my favs, unfortunately since Pete passed away we'll never get to see them live in concert again. They should have been a bigger band than they were. My top 5 is Megadeth, Pantera, and Stone Temple Pilots. Sadly we'll never see Pantera or STP in concert again either due to deaths in the bands.

It always seems like most race fans are metalheads on 4M but for some reason most racetracks still insist on playing hillbilly country music prior to races. It would be nice to hear some decent music at a racetrack for once.

Kwd1253
03-06-2016, 05:29 PM
There to many bands I like lol. But I give top 5 in different genders.. classic rock 1. pink Floyd - welcome to the machine 2. The rolling Stones - gimme shelter 3. Lynyrd skynyrd - simple man 4. Ac/dc -those about to rock 5. The animals - the house of the rising sun..... heavy/thrash metal 1-2. Pantera 5 mins alone and walk 3-4. Metallica - eye of the beholder and the frayed ends of sanity 5. White zombie - creature of the wheel.... Punk,grunge, alternative rock #1. Alice in chains - Rooster 2. STP - Creep 3. Soundgarden - fell on black days 4. Rage against the machine - bull on Parade 5. Chevelle - the red...hip hop and only one beastie boys - sabotage

Kwd1253
03-06-2016, 05:44 PM
pink floydI really wound thought it would been gwar or green jello for sure. I would never in this life time guess pink Floyd would be your all time fav. 😉

HoosierDirtFan
03-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Metal, Rock, Country.
Black Sabbath & Ozzy
Metallica
Lacuna Coil
Rammstein
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
Led Zepplin
Lynard skynyrd
Alabama
Waylon Jennings
and a bunch more.

Late_Model_Mark
03-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Rush
Elvis
Emerson-Lake-Palmer

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

dirtdobber45
03-06-2016, 07:16 PM
All time favorites are AC/DC Kiss Ratt now its Godsmack Five Finger Death Punch Marilyn Manson Hellyeah Tool Slipknot...anything that makes you want to slap your ladies a$$ when your in bed lol o yeah In this Moment that Maria Brink is yummy lol

Barbecueboy
03-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Rush
Elvis
Emerson-Lake-Palmer

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

ELP......I like it, I had a college buddy that was liking them, yes, early Genesis,kraftwerk,Mike oldfield and all of that......some every enjoyable music.

And to be honest on the skynard thing, I had forgotten how much good music there is when you get past free bird and sweet home Alabama until I watched a recent palladia edition on them........those guys rock on some really good southern rock music.

My all time favorite would be rush

chupp n bloomer fan
03-06-2016, 08:37 PM
ELP......I like it, I had a college buddy that was liking them, yes, early Genesis,kraftwerk,Mike oldfield and all of that......some every enjoyable music.

And to be honest on the skynard thing, I had forgotten how much good music there is when you get past free bird and sweet home Alabama until I watched a recent palladia edition on them........those guys rock on some really good southern rock music.

My all time favorite would be rushVery true about Skynard BBQ. Their box set is pretty good. Amazing how much good stuff they had in such a short amount of time. Palladia was an awesome channel. It is now MTV Live, so we shall see if they screw it up like they did MTV.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Now-
Kings of Leon
Brantley Gilbert
Seether
Breaking Benjamin-very glad he started it back up
Shinedown-not the newest cd

Older stuff-
Zeppelin
Skynard
Alice in Chains-all time favs RIP Layne
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam
George Strait
Hank Jr
Alan Jackson
Metallica
Red Hot Chili Peppers

CIRF
03-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Pearl Jam.

TRocket8
03-06-2016, 09:22 PM
The Marshall Tucker Band, southern rock at its best, Also, The Eagles, Atlanta Rythm Section & Lynrd Skynrd..

I saw lynrd Skynrd with Marshall Tucker, but the dirt late model fan in me kept calling Marshall Tucker, the Marshall Green Band

pink floyd
03-06-2016, 09:25 PM
I really wound thought it would been gwar or green jello for sure. I would never in this life time guess pink Floyd would be your all time fav. Ι

haha. not very familiar with the 2 you listed, but pink Floyd in the late 60's was incredible. followed them until the end. old hippies never die.

plunks7
03-06-2016, 11:27 PM
Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin , Queens Rycht, Sampson, Rush, Ozzy, Quiet Riot, Henry Paul Band, Judas Priest, Marilyn Manson, Head East, Santana, Metal Church, Brighton Rock, Le'Mans, Styx, Ratt, Eagles, Zebra, Vinnie Vincent, Tesla, Journy, Black Sabbath, Queen and Boston. Just to name a Few. :)

mll8pt
03-08-2016, 10:39 PM

bb smoke good choice. check out this guy selling out all over the Midwest, www.codyjinks.com

NormP
03-09-2016, 05:06 AM
Gotta love old 80s hair bands like Europe.

But it's a shame to see what they've become since the glory days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8sNoodIDk

WisWildManFan
03-09-2016, 07:41 AM
All time AC/DC, now 5FDP, drowning pool, soil, dope, godsmack, korn

mskdorf
03-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Listened to the Cody Jinx for a few second here at work. Will definitely give it a further listen. Sounds like Jayme Johnson at first

W2Racing09
03-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Currently, my favorite bands trend towards heavier music. I'm a big fan of Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Parkway Drive, Texas Hippie Coalition, Mastadon, and Saint Asonia. I have Sirius XM and its generally on Octane or Liquid Metal.

Man Josh, I didn't expect to have anything in common with you based on our racing opinions. Parkway (I see them live anytime they are remotely close... highly recommended) is my all time favorite band but I am a big fan most of the stuff on Octane (FFDP, Bring me the Horizon, Korn, Lamb of God, Killswitch, and another one of my favorite bands...Coheed and Cambria)

I'm always listening to Octane on the way to the track, in fact the Big Uns countdown is usually on as I'm on my way to Winchester, or Hagerstown on a Saturday night.

Thanks,
Jeff.

pink floyd
03-09-2016, 11:20 AM
My all time favorite would be rush

the first rush album is one of my top 5 favorites of all time. 1974, what a great year.

RiffRaf67
03-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Motorhead is what I use to get home from the track at 4am ;)

Wonder
03-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Saw AC/DC at Wrigley Field last year still awesome.......
Blackfoot
2112- best Rush album ever

pink floyd
03-09-2016, 12:16 PM
2112 - second best rush album ever. :)

Kwd1253
03-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Now look at them yoyo's thats the way you do it.You play the guitar on the mtv.That aint workin thats the way you do it.Money for nothin and chicks for free.Now that aint workin thats the way you do it.Lemme tell ya them guys aint dumb.Maybe get a blister on your little finger.Maybe get a blister on your thumb. oh..Sorry playing Pandora

bite me too
03-09-2016, 02:14 PM
Foo Fighters
Godsmack
TOOL
Alice in Chains
KISS...from my younger years

WisWildManFan
03-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Anyone in the chicagoland area might want to mark this one down: Sunday, July 17 Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, BABYMETAL, Asking Alexandria, Corrosion of Conformity, letlive., All That Remains, We Came As Romans, Jim Breuer & the Regulators, Upon A Burning Body, Gemini Syndrome

Barbecueboy
03-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Anyone in the chicagoland area might want to mark this one down: Sunday, July 17 Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, BABYMETAL, Asking Alexandria, Corrosion of Conformity, letlive., All That Remains, We Came As Romans, Jim Breuer & the Regulators, Upon A Burning Body, Gemini Syndrome

Wonder if there will be any spiked chuck taylors seen at that event???

Sounds a lot like Carolina rebellion.

racerx99
03-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Don't rightly care , long as it's loud. Plum deaf from them d*m racecars!!!
Grand Funk Railroad (the early days)

Krooser
03-10-2016, 10:05 AM
One of my favorites is Southern Culture On The Skids...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqyOiizThJ4

Trax53
03-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Blackberry Smoke

mll8pt
03-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Listened to the Cody Jinx for a few second here at work. Will definitely give it a further listen. Sounds like Jayme Johnson at first

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-rDm9wiokIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

check jinks out whehttps://youtu.be/-rDm9wiokIwn he plays Bloomington In he is awesome.

SFrancisFan15
03-10-2016, 04:16 PM

Really like your list I would add A Day to Remember to that list.

mll8pt
03-10-2016, 04:16 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-rDm9wiokIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

check jinks out when he plays Bloomington In he is awesome.

https://youtu.be/-rDm9wiokIw

Barbecueboy
03-10-2016, 05:18 PM
2112 - second best rush album ever. :)

Hemispheres is my favorite.........with exit stage left a very close second.

ftfiowa
03-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Bay City Rollers.....great or greatest ever? lmao.

the true answer is of course.....Led Zeppelin,& its not even close. #CustardPie

Barbecueboy
03-10-2016, 05:24 PM
the first rush album is one of my top 5 favorites of all time. 1974, what a great year.

Only album they ever did without Neil pert on the drums..............wonder who will be on the kit now that he has retired?

Working man is a big favorite song, but I have a few other of there albums in front of the first one as my favorites.

I've even got an old lp ( apparently issued only to radio stations) that's called , everything you ever wanted to hear from rush , but were afraid to play.

Need to dig that out and see which songs were on it........

a25rjr
03-10-2016, 05:50 PM
I must be really backwoods......aint heard of 90% of the bands yall posted! LOL

Just give me some:
Skynrd, Molly Hatchett, 38 Special, Eagles, Bocephus, Possum, and Cash (Johnny, of course)!

pink floyd
03-10-2016, 06:22 PM
Hemispheres is my favorite.........with exit stage left a very close second.

those 2 are great also.

pink floyd
03-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Only album they ever did without Neil pert on the drums..............wonder who will be on the kit now that he has retired?

Working man is a big favorite song, but I have a few other of there albums in front of the first one as my favorites.

I've even got an old lp ( apparently issued only to radio stations) that's called , everything you ever wanted to hear from rush , but were afraid to play.

Need to dig that out and see which songs were on it........

you are correct about peart not being on first album. I loved the guitar and the vocals on that first album, every song was a classic. dig that out and share some info!!

Barbecueboy
03-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Bay City Rollers.....great or greatest ever? lmao.

the true answer is of course.....Led Zeppelin,& its not even close. #CustardPie

The man does have a point...............that whole dang era of music all the way around was the best ever, anyone that says otherwise is just plain silly.

I mean just look at all the music, bands etc. we have all come up with from that era just on this thread.........or were just f ing old.

I'll be hearing s a t u r d a y in my head for days you bastard..........

WisWildManFan
03-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Really like your list I would add A Day to Remember to that list.That's only the 3rd day... Here are Friday and Saturdays line upsFriday, July 15th Lineup: Rammstein ,Chevelle ,Ministry ,Of Mice & Men ,Meshuggah ,In This Moment ,Hollywood Undead ,Trivium ,Carcass ,Hatebreed ,Periphery ,Drowning Pool ,Butcher Babies ,Through Fire.........Saturday, July 16th Lineup: Disturbed ,Korn ,Breaking Benjamin ,Gojira ,Helmet ,Deafheaven ,The Devil Wears Prada , Pop Evil ,Nothing More ,Saint Asonia ,Miss May I , Beartooth ,Silver Snakes, City of the Weak

Big Augie
03-11-2016, 06:58 AM
Motorhead!!
Monstertruck
Five Horse Johnson
Frank Marino
Michael Schenker

SFrancisFan15
03-11-2016, 07:00 AM
That's only the 3rd day... Here are Friday and Saturdays line upsFriday, July 15th Lineup: Rammstein ,Chevelle ,Ministry ,Of Mice & Men ,Meshuggah ,In This Moment ,Hollywood Undead ,Trivium ,Carcass ,Hatebreed ,Periphery ,Drowning Pool ,Butcher Babies ,Through Fire.........Saturday, July 16th Lineup: Disturbed ,Korn ,Breaking Benjamin ,Gojira ,Helmet ,Deafheaven ,The Devil Wears Prada , Pop Evil ,Nothing More ,Saint Asonia ,Miss May I , Beartooth ,Silver Snakes, City of the Weak

Love it. Seen Miss May I, Asking Alexandria and Emmure at the house of blues in Cleveland a few years back it was amazing.

W2Racing09
03-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Love it. Seen Miss May I, Asking Alexandria and Emmure at the house of blues in Cleveland a few years back it was amazing.

I saw Miss May I last November at the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD. They were opening for Parkway Drive (the band I was there to see) and while I was not a big fan of Miss May I before the show they definitely surprised me. One of those bands that is even better live, I've definitely become a fan since.

SFrancisFan15
03-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Yeah PWD is great live too seen them a few times.