PDA

View Full Version : Earl Pearson Jr.

Punisher88
03-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Per dirt on dirt on the dirt wire section, Pearson is returning to longhorn this weekend at Smokey Mountain.

SuperEight
03-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Probably a good move. The Disco cars seem to be missing something. They were crazy hot in 13' & 14', but seem to lose momentum in 15'. I know better than to look at Speed weeks as an accurate forecast of how the season will go, but they seem lost, a step behind or something. Good luck to the Hurricane, hope he gets his mojo back. Horns Up!

W2Racing09
03-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Probably a good move. The Disco cars seem to be missing something. They were crazy hot in 13' & 14', but seem to lose momentum in 15'. I know better than to look at Speed weeks as an accurate forecast of how the season will go, but they seem lost, a step behind or something. Good luck to the Hurricane, hope he gets his mojo back. Horns Up!

I know you can't get an accurate forecast after Speedweeks 2016, but how about all of 2015+Speedweeks 2016? At that point I think we can agree that the C29/BD cars are not on top or even close to it at this point. I'm sure they will be back though and all of these people selling and buying Longhorns/XR1s and whatever else will sell those and get back into a C29/BD car and so on and so on.

Thanks,
Jeff.

dirtdobber45
03-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Is that for this weekend only or for the rest of the season?

Snake X3
03-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Maybe he felt the team had a better chance to get the closer to the latest and greatest from Labonte than from Stuckey/Lanigan. Flame away.... LOL

RoundNrOUND
03-08-2016, 03:30 PM
He's not going to get any more feedback than he will from Stuckey.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-08-2016, 03:58 PM
Maybe he felt the team had a better chance to get the closer to the latest and greatest from Labonte than from Stuckey/Lanigan. Flame away.... LOL

Maybe some folks latest is better than others' latest?

huskerdirt
03-08-2016, 04:08 PM

Completely agree.

Barbecueboy
03-08-2016, 05:07 PM
True......but excellent feedback on an inferior piece doesn't seem to be cutting it for the drivers in them.

And when I say inferior, I mean versus its biggest competitors like mighty rocket, fledgling longhorn, Capitol and victory.

Not the disco ball itself.

Barbecueboy
03-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Maybe some folks latest is better than others' latest?

Clearly.........

Excellent point MBR

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-08-2016, 05:36 PM
There ya have it a25rjr.

Your boy back in a longhorn.
Now lets see what he can do!

a25rjr
03-08-2016, 05:51 PM
There ya have it a25rjr.

Your boy back in a longhorn.
Now lets see what he can do!

I knew you couldn't wait to gloat! lol

I hope it works out, but from what I saw during Speedweeks, Rumleys Longhorn is the only one I would want to drive! The others aren't in the ballgame!

zyoung25
03-08-2016, 06:01 PM

They were getting feedback from Ronnie, it just wasn't working. When you spend as much money as the Lamm's have, you demand results. When your packing around the title sponsor, and barely making the shows, it's time for a change.

It won't be long the club/bd cars will make a turn around I believe, but they don't want to have wait another 3 or 4 months to get that turned around. This all goes back to last year, I seen it with my own eyes.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-08-2016, 06:41 PM
they were getting feedback from ronnie, it just wasn't working. When you spend as much money as the lamm's have, you demand results. When your packing around the title sponsor, and barely making the shows, it's time for a change.

It won't be long the club/bd cars will make a turn around i believe, but they don't want to have wait another 3 or 4 months to get that turned around. This all goes back to last year, i seen it with my own eyes.

club 29 borrowing that longhorn from richards before they send it back to moyers.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-08-2016, 06:50 PM
I think Ray Charles saw this coming.

a25rjr
03-08-2016, 07:43 PM
I think Ray Charles saw this coming.

After about mid-week at Eastbay, lets just say, there was discussions about a switch!

I hate it for Stuckey, but well funded teams like Dunn Benson expect to be in the front!

With that being said, why would anyone switch to 2nd best? I don't believe they will get much help from Rumley/Davenport!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-08-2016, 07:46 PM
I knew you couldn't wait to gloat! lol

I hope it works out, but from what I saw during Speedweeks, Rumleys Longhorn is the only one I would want to drive! The others aren't in the ballgame!

The longhorn has a winning set up on there cars at time of delevery. The drvr and cc have got to do min adjustments to there liking and not get it all out of wack and then say there junk.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-08-2016, 07:48 PM
i knew you couldn't wait to gloat! Lol

i hope it works out, but from what i saw during speedweeks, rumleys longhorn is the only one i would want to drive! The others aren't in the ballgame!

if i tell you the blackberries are ready in january then you get your bucket ready!

NormP
03-08-2016, 07:57 PM
True......but excellent feedback on an inferior piece doesn't seem to be cutting it for the drivers in them.

And when I say inferior, I mean versus its biggest competitors like mighty rocket, fledgling longhorn, Capitol and victory.

Not the disco ball itself.

The club 29/BD is a little more fledgling than longhorn. Give it time and it will run up front again. Every dog has its day. Next year it will be something else.

a25rjr
03-08-2016, 08:01 PM
if i tell you the blackberries are ready in january then you get your bucket ready!

Its kinda like what my preacher said one time. "Never say never, but you'll NEVER read about me running away with another man". Since I was born and raised in the South, I'll NEVER pick blackberries in Jan.! LOL

zyoung25
03-08-2016, 08:04 PM
There was talks of a switch at the end of last season. After buying another new car over the winter and getting the same results, I don't blame them for swtiching.

We can all sit here and say they won't get as much feedback from the longhorn guys, they may not need it.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-08-2016, 09:25 PM
its kinda like what my preacher said one time. "never say never, but you'll never read about me running away with another man". Since i was born and raised in the south, i'll never pick blackberries in jan.! Lol

i never said anything about running away w another man but i see whats on your mind.

I didnt say i was going.

Barbecueboy
03-08-2016, 09:38 PM
club 29 borrowing that longhorn from richards before they send it back to moyers.

Pretty good SS.......

Barbecueboy
03-08-2016, 09:43 PM
After about mid-week at Eastbay, lets just say, there was discussions about a switch!

I hate it for Stuckey, but well funded teams like Dunn Benson expect to be in the front!

With that being said, why would anyone switch to 2nd best? I don't believe they will get much help from Rumley/Davenport!

I hope they get as much help as madden,weaver,Roberts and the rest of them........should be plenty enough for Earl to show some marked improvement.

go2fast
03-08-2016, 09:51 PM
stuckey/lanigan will have to copy some ether car

Barbecueboy
03-08-2016, 09:52 PM
The club 29/BD is a little more fledgling than longhorn. Give it time and it will run up front again. Every dog has its day. Next year it will be something else.

By what....2 years?

First longhorn went from a thought and to the track in 2010........and even then only had a couple cars and were selling virtually none until 2013, say what you want but the chassis brands I mention as fledgling are just that compared to their much more established counterpart brands like rocket,MB,bloomers,ETC.

a25rjr
03-08-2016, 09:53 PM
I hope they get as much help as madden,weaver,Roberts and the rest of them........should be plenty enough for Earl to show some marked improvement.

I'm sure there will be some improvement, but I don't see him competing for the championship. My motto is you cant beat them if you are using the same equipment. I believe he would have got more help from Rocket. They obviously have a better piece right now!

Barbecueboy
03-08-2016, 09:59 PM
I'm sure there will be some improvement, but I don't see him competing for the championship. My motto is you cant beat them if you are using the same equipment. I believe he would have got more help from Rocket. They obviously have a better piece right now!

Its only March 8.........it's really not that obvious yet.

I may be wrong also, but I don think I've seen any space X podium sweeps this year...I believe there have been three of those said sweeps by the Bulls so far in 2016.

Again, I could be mistaken.

a25rjr
03-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Its only March 8.........it's really not that obvious yet.

I may be wrong also, but I don think I've seen any space X podium sweeps this year...I believe there have been three of those said sweeps by the Bulls so far in 2016.

Again, I could be mistaken.

yeah....but Im a stats guy. He got beat 8 out of 12 times, head to head. I don't think you will find where that happened last year. It would be nice to see Josh,JD, and Bloomer race each other for the Lucas trophy, but we know that aint happenin!

I think Rumley/Davenport rattled the wrong dogs cages! They forced them to work too hard, and now the Horns are behind a little!

NormP
03-08-2016, 10:37 PM
By what....2 years?

First longhorn went from a thought and to the track in 2010........and even then only had a couple cars and were selling virtually none until 2013, say what you want but the chassis brands I mention as fledgling are just that compared to their much more established counterpart brands like rocket,MB,bloomers,ETC.

I agree with your point as it concerns rocket, bloomer, etc., but BD is still more fledgling than Longhorn. Every chassis brand hits on something and becomes the flavor of the month for a while. Then it moves on to someone else. That's why I cheer for drivers, not chassis brands.

I don't have anything against EPJ, but I don't think switching to Longhorn is going to make him an automatic contender any more than staying with the Stuckey stuff. He kind of reminds me of Chub Frank in that respect.

zyoung25
03-09-2016, 01:18 AM
I believe he would have got more help from Rocket. They obviously have a better piece right now!

IF you as much as what you think you know about Dunn-Benson operation, you would know that rocket is last on their of chassis to own. Also IF they were soooo much better, why didn't McIntosh clean house at the ultimate race over the weekend? This nothing to do with Ownby being in a longhorn either. Donald is a good young talent, from what you say here it should've been an easy victory for the him.

Are the rockets better than last year?.....yes. Let's check back in a couple months and see if they're winning everywhere they go and at every level like rocket used to be. Cuz right now they aren't setting the world on fire to me.

old fan
03-09-2016, 06:51 AM
every dog has its day

dirtdobber45
03-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Anybody can win in any kind of chassis if its set up right. Sometimes you cant rely on what the builder says, you just got to get seat time and figure it out on your own. Besides the 'house cars' who else has been winning this year? Yea Madden dominated at Cherokee but look at who he raced against ( no offense to those drivers)

dirtdobber45
03-09-2016, 08:03 AM
club 29 borrowing that longhorn from richards before they send it back to moyers. That was a good one SS lol

Barbecueboy
03-09-2016, 08:11 AM
yeah....but Im a stats guy. He got beat 8 out of 12 times, head to head. I don't think you will find where that happened last year. It would be nice to see Josh,JD, and Bloomer race each other for the Lucas trophy, but we know that aint happenin!

I think Rumley/Davenport rattled the wrong dogs cages! They forced them to work too hard, and now the Horns are behind a little!

If anything, I would say the cars are just about equal ( I mean they are almost virtually the same piece now a days) and Josh may just be a little better driver ........or at least he was in Florida and Georgia.

We will see how the rest of the year stacks up......

Barbecueboy
03-09-2016, 08:12 AM
I agree with your point as it concerns rocket, bloomer, etc., but BD is still more fledgling than Longhorn. Every chassis brand hits on something and becomes the flavor of the month for a while. Then it moves on to someone else. That's why I cheer for drivers, not chassis brands.

I don't have anything against EPJ, but I don't think switching to Longhorn is going to make him an automatic contender any more than staying with the Stuckey stuff. He kind of reminds me of Chub Frank in that respect.

Clearly see your point.......

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-09-2016, 08:29 AM

I think Rumley smartly sold some tech and Bowyer's rattled cage meant rule changes. That is all.

a25rjr
03-09-2016, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=zyoung25;1991948]IF you as much as what you think you know about Dunn-Benson operation, you would know that rocket is last on their of chassis to own.

Not even CLOSE to the truth....and that's straight from the horse's mouth!

plunks7
03-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Can't wait to get to a race he is at and PARTY. Good peeps to us.

zyoung25
03-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Not even CLOSE to the truth....and that's straight from the horse's mouth!

and you also said they were getting a rocket, shows how much truth you know.

a25rjr
03-09-2016, 08:43 PM
and you also said they were getting a rocket, shows how much truth you know.

.....and where did I say that? I said I had talked to them about getting a Rocket.

zyoung25
03-09-2016, 08:48 PM
It was on one of your many banned accounts.

a25rjr
03-09-2016, 08:55 PM
It was on one of your many banned accounts.

Naaaaa, but whatever.....I still say its a mistake to get a Horn but time will tell.

Barbecueboy
03-09-2016, 09:17 PM
How bout this??.............I say he wins this weekend in it!

a25rjr
03-09-2016, 09:26 PM
How bout this??.............I say he wins this weekend in it!

And no one will be happier than me!

I really don't think its the driver!

Just one question.....should I ask for a refund on all the new merch. I bought Speedweeks? LOL

Snake X3
03-09-2016, 09:32 PM
I hope the move helps EPJ, but apart from the fun trash talking about the chassis I don't think they are all that important. You take JD and Josh out of Speedweeks and the results were about even no matter what chassis you look at. The driver, the setup and tire choices probably have more to do with the results than what chassis they are in...even Black Diamond.

Barbecueboy
03-09-2016, 09:45 PM
And no one will be happier than me!

I really don't think its the driver!

Just one question.....should I ask for a refund on all the new merch. I bought Speedweeks? LOL

If they are xxl, I'll take them........and I'm serious about the win this weekend.

If they don't get in there and whack the setup and just let Earl do his thing I think he will be aaaaiiiiiiight........

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-09-2016, 10:17 PM
Naaaaa, but whatever.....I still say its a mistake to get a Horn but time will tell.

So when EPJ wins your going to say its not the chassis. That goes to show how sharp you really are there a25rjr. Like it or not that longhorn is going to get EPJ wins this yr.

Barbecueboy
03-09-2016, 10:19 PM
So when EPJ wins your going to say its not the chassis. That goes to show how sharp you really are there a25rjr. Like it or not that longhorn is going to get EPJ wins this yr.

Sooner than later......

Slideways
03-09-2016, 11:40 PM

Yep, like they say: "What goes around comes around"...

whitey2r
03-10-2016, 08:24 AM
The pictures DUNN/BENSON posted on facebook and their website yesterday shows the BLACK DIAMOND about ready to go....

a25rjr
03-10-2016, 09:12 AM

No, what Im saying is you cant outrun a Rumley Longhorn with a Labonte Longhorn!.....HUGE difference!

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-10-2016, 10:58 AM
No, what Im saying is you cant outrun a Rumley Longhorn with a Labonte Longhorn!.....HUGE difference!

You can't outrun a Richards xr1 with one you bought either.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-10-2016, 11:00 AM

Why you sure can.

mud duck
03-10-2016, 11:01 AM

And your not going to outrun the XR1 Longhorn house car with a regular XR1 "Rocket"!

MidTnDirtFan
03-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Maybe it's not a problem with the arrow it could be the Indians. The ability to adapt to how these new cars handle might be more the issue than the car. Food for thought on many older drivers.

Barbecueboy
03-10-2016, 11:26 AM

I think it's been done.........

Josh Bayko
03-10-2016, 11:43 AM
The pictures DUNN/BENSON posted on facebook and their website yesterday shows the BLACK DIAMOND about ready to go....

There is also a Longhorn in those pictures. Looks like all it needs is the wrap.

a25rjr
03-10-2016, 05:28 PM
And your not going to outrun the XR1 Longhorn house car with a regular XR1 "Rocket"!

Yeah....but he wont be running against the XR1 house car either.....big difference!

zyoung25
03-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Maybe it's not a problem with the arrow it could be the Indians. The ability to adapt to how these new cars handle might be more the issue than the car. Food for thought on many older drivers.

One of the cars he had in Florida is the same car he won and contended with early last season. I don't think he should have a problem adapting to it. It's hard to adapt to anything when he can't feel the car under him.

SuperEight
03-11-2016, 03:08 PM

You do know that Richards & Co were testing in florida for 2 weeks, BEFORE speedweeks... They won't be able to do that for the regular season and, "What you learn in FLA, only works in FLA". They wont see tracks or dirt like that anywhere else and BShepp already sounded concerned about the wagon he has hitched his horse to. My bet is the SpaceX camp will be hot & cold for a while.

W2Racing09
03-11-2016, 03:13 PM
You do know that Richards & Co were testing in florida for 2 weeks, BEFORE speedweeks... They won't be able to do that for the regular season and, "What you learn in FLA, only works in FLA". They wont see tracks or dirt like that anywhere else and BShepp already sounded concerned about the wagon he has hitched his horse to. My bet is the SpaceX camp will be hot & cold for a while.

Where did B.Shepp express concern?

I don't think that individual testing is needed at every track for them to win, they have been winning consistently for years without testing at each track (just like everyone else) and I don't expect that to change.

Thanks,
Jeff.

SuperEight
03-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Where did B.Shepp express concern?

I don't think that individual testing is needed at every track for them to win, they have been winning consistently for years without testing at each track (just like everyone else) and I don't expect that to change.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Post race interview after Bubba.

a25rjr
03-11-2016, 03:38 PM

So did all the Disco cars....and we see how that turned out! LOL

NormP
03-11-2016, 05:38 PM
So did all the Disco cars....and we see how that turned out! LOL

Not sure that's true. I don't recall seeing anything about Francis being down there before the racing started.

oldfart50
03-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Until they change drivers does it really matter what brand chassis they run?

dirtdobber45
03-11-2016, 08:26 PM
No, what Im saying is you cant outrun a Rumley Longhorn with a Labonte Longhorn!.....HUGE difference!What about a longhorn by Weaver?

a25rjr
03-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Not sure that's true. I don't recall seeing anything about Francis being down there before the racing started.

EPJ, Lanigan,and Oneal tested at GIS and Volusia.

george w
03-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Post race interview after Bubba. i remember this interview i believe the word he used to describe his new car was "finicky" ? ???

a25rjr
03-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Yep......looks like he got the Justin Labonte model! SMH!!!

Pac31
03-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Since you no so much about our team come by an introduce yourself to us

DEKconsulting
03-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Bloom questions said the same thing about Clanton last yr that because he found something that worked at Volusia it wouldn't work anywhere else I guess that kinda back fired

george w
03-13-2016, 03:37 PM
Well seemed to me earl picked up where he left off in a longhorn......

Kwoods25
03-13-2016, 04:33 PM
Pac31 what team are you on? Dunn-Benson or Madden. You have the same exact post in the Madden thread?

a25rjr
03-13-2016, 05:53 PM
Well seemed to me earl picked up where he left off in a longhorn......

....and in the Disco car! Should have went to West by-god Virginia!

Barbecueboy
03-14-2016, 07:54 AM
....and in the Disco car! Should have went to West by-god Virginia!

Trinity was closer and has the exact same equipment........but shnniston a much prettier area.

a25rjr
03-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Trinity was closer and has the exact same equipment........but shnniston a much prettier area.

I guess the Rumley options are no longer available. Instead, he got the Labonte base model!

Kwoods25
03-14-2016, 09:19 AM
I guess the Rumley options are no longer available. Instead, he got the Labonte base model!Lol that is funny right there

zyoung25
03-14-2016, 10:01 AM
I guess the Rumley options are no longer available. Instead, he got the Labonte base model!

Just like the xr1.....doesn't come with Richards options.

onlyfacts
03-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Just like the xr1.....doesn't come with Richards options.Did you buy a xr1? How do you know what options come on one and how do you know what options are on the Richards xr1? I think there is a big misconception about buying a car. When you buy a car you don't buy the team and the difference is Rumley probably is better at preparing and setting up his car than his customers he also has a 30 year old driver that is on top of his game.. Not a 50 something year old that has a crew with less than half the knowledge. Same with the Richards team. More to it than just buying a car like some one else. Just because you can by golf clubs like Tiger Woods don't mean your ready for the Masters. Even if someone was to buy the 6 car or the 1 car in victory lane after the race don't mean they could take it to a different surface track and make adjustments to it and win.

W2Racing09
03-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Post race interview after Bubba.

I just re-watched the interview. I wouldn't call that concern.

He said the cars are tricky, they are good when you get them right but they are finicky. That pretty much describes DLM racing as a whole. If you don't get the car right its not going to be great. He just got done saying how they are always great in the feature, etc.

The last thing anyone should be at this point is concerned by the "Wagon they are hitched to" if that wagon is Rocket or Longhorn.

Thanks,
Jeff.

onlyfacts
03-14-2016, 10:56 AM
I just re-watched the interview. I wouldn't call that concern.He said the cars are tricky, they are good when you get them right but they are finicky. That pretty much describes DLM racing as a whole. If you don't get the car right its not going to be great. He just got done saying how they are always great in the feature, etc. The last thing anyone should be at this point is concerned by the "Wagon they are hitched to" if that wagon is Rocket or Longhorn. Thanks,Jeff.Don't worry about SuperEight comments he is very much a Rocket hater because of something that happened 15 years ago. I am pretty sure the people at Rocket have sold many cars and like I just posted in previous post just because you bought a set of Tiger Woods golf clubs don't mean you can beat him at the Masters.

Josh Bayko
03-14-2016, 11:16 AM
If all Longhorns came with the Rumley setup or if all XR1s came with the Kid Rocket setup, neither car would be worth a f*ck to the masses. The 6 and the 1 are tailored specifically for Davenport's and Richards' driving styles. They wouldn't work so well for anybody else. I don't get how seemingly nobody understands this.

Kwoods25
03-14-2016, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=Josh Bayko;1993049]If all Longhorns came with the Rumley setup or if all XR1s came with the Kid Rocket setup, neither car would be worth a f*ck to the masses. The 6 and the 1 are tailored specifically for Davenport's and Richards' driving styles. They wouldn't work so well for anybody else. I don't get how seemingly nobody understands this.[/QUOTE nail on the head!

onlyfacts
03-14-2016, 01:40 PM
If all Longhorns came with the Rumley setup or if all XR1s came with the Kid Rocket setup, neither car would be worth a f*ck to the masses. The 6 and the 1 are tailored specifically for Davenport's and Richards' driving styles. They wouldn't work so well for anybody else. I don't get how seemingly nobody understands this.100% agree.... A lot of people are delusional. The 6 and 1 might trade drivers but few others could be as successful in those cars as those two drivers.

a25rjr
03-14-2016, 03:56 PM
Did you buy a xr1? How do you know what options come on one and how do you know what options are on the Richards xr1? I think there is a big misconception about buying a car. When you buy a car you don't buy the team and the difference is Rumley probably is better at preparing and setting up his car than his customers he also has a 30 year old driver that is on top of his game.. Not a 50 something year old that has a crew with less than half the knowledge. Same with the Richards team. More to it than just buying a car like some one else. Just because you can by golf clubs like Tiger Woods don't mean your ready for the Masters. Even if someone was to buy the 6 car or the 1 car in victory lane after the race don't mean they could take it to a different surface track and make adjustments to it and win.

Good post! Has anyone noticed EPJ doesn't do as well without an experienced crew chief? He/them cant seem to hit on the right set-up at crunch time. He won a lot of races with names like Stuckey, Fitzgerald, and Edwards turning the wrenches!

zyoung25
03-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Did you buy a xr1? How do you know what options come on one and how do you know what options are on the Richards xr1? I think there is a big misconception about buying a car. When you buy a car you don't buy the team and the difference is Rumley probably is better at preparing and setting up his car than his customers he also has a 30 year old driver that is on top of his game.. Not a 50 something year old that has a crew with less than half the knowledge. Same with the Richards team. More to it than just buying a car like some one else. Just because you can by golf clubs like Tiger Woods don't mean your ready for the Masters. Even if someone was to buy the 6 car or the 1 car in victory lane after the race don't mean they could take it to a different surface track and make adjustments to it and win.

Just for the record, no I haven't bought a race car chassis at all. But everyone saying these new cars are so much better, has yet to be proven to me. One guy has won races in them, according to the post I quoted, it was ensued that only the Rumley prepared longhorns win, which isnt the case at all. And so far.....only the rocket house car has done all the winning with this new design.

That was my point.....sorry you all couldn't see that. I know no one else is gonna get all the secrets.

25jr must no know of a guy named Franke Avverit. He was another one that was helping epj win all of those races back in the day. But yet he knows so much about their operation.

Barbecueboy
03-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Just for the record, no I haven't bought a race car chassis at all. But everyone saying these new cars are so much better, has yet to be proven to me. One guy has won races in them, according to the post I quoted, it was ensued that only the Rumley prepared longhorns win, which isnt the case at all. And so far.....only the rocket house car has done all the winning with this new design.

That was my point.....sorry you all couldn't see that. I know no one else is gonna get all the secrets.

25jr must no know of a guy named Franke Avverit. He was another one that was helping epj win all of those races back in the day. But yet he knows so much about their operation.
I see Frankie a lot at tracks around the Carolina's........he is still helping good racers win.

a25rjr
03-14-2016, 09:29 PM

So tell us how many are "all"! I believe Frankie was a newbie back then, and their just weren't that many wins. Not dissin on Frankie whatsoever.

My main point was EPJ hasn't had a top of the line head wrench in many years......and it shows!

Barbecueboy
03-14-2016, 10:01 PM
I don't think it all falls in the lap of the recent crew chiefs he has had..............think it has a lot to do with Earl taking more time to be involved in his family and personal life outside of his own racing.

And as much as I would like to see him in victory lane every night, I'll be just as happy for him when he is standing beside his son after trey wins his first modified race.

Guy is just really good people.....and stuckey, Edwards, or fitz don't need to turn any wrenches to improve upon that.

RoundNrOUND
03-15-2016, 08:43 AM
a25rjr you are half right, since Fitz went home to do his own thing Earl hasn't looked the same. When he went back to Dunn-Benson I thought they would buck up and get a good crew again but it doesn't appear that they did or they are over paying the wrong crew. I have to add that the other half of the problem is the tire work. Earl had a great tire program back when he was winning so much and now with the sanctioning checking tires, that program isn't what it used to be if you know what I mean.

a25rjr
03-15-2016, 04:24 PM
a25rjr you are half right, since Fitz went home to do his own thing Earl hasn't looked the same. When he went back to Dunn-Benson I thought they would buck up and get a good crew again but it doesn't appear that they did or they are over paying the wrong crew. I have to add that the other half of the problem is the tire work. Earl had a great tire program back when he was winning so much and now with the sanctioning checking tires, that program isn't what it used to be if you know what I mean.

Gotcha....he's always had good tires...Hoosiers! lol

I think the Dunn Benson team has the cart in front of the horse! They have great owners, a great quarterback (EPJ), but NO head coach, to call the correct play!

I have a good friend, that is one of the smartest crew chiefs around, that has a infamous saying...."you can't buy experience, but you can hire it."

Barbecueboy
03-15-2016, 05:07 PM
I seem to remember he had a great tire guy back then.........wonder what that old guy is doing now a days.

Can't remember his name, it's kinda foggy to me right now.

RoundNrOUND
03-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Look at any successful team and you can be assured that they have a ton of gathered experience amongst them and a very very good tire guy. You can't win without those two things, even with a special device or two.

onlyfacts
03-15-2016, 06:02 PM
I seem to remember he had a great tire guy back then.........wonder what that old guy is doing now a days.Can't remember his name, it's kinda foggy to me right now.Pretty sure you are trying to bs us. You know him very well. IP address tells a lot. But that's ok I like the guy even if you are playing dumb.

a25rjr
03-15-2016, 06:14 PM
I don't think it all falls in the lap of the recent crew chiefs he has had..............think it has a lot to do with Earl taking more time to be involved in his family and personal life outside of his own racing.

And as much as I would like to see him in victory lane every night, I'll be just as happy for him when he is standing beside his son after trey wins his first modified race.

Guy is just really good people.....and stuckey, Edwards, or fitz don't need to turn any wrenches to improve upon that.

He better tighten up then......that new Lethal is going to take some serious cash to get race ready!

Barbecueboy
03-15-2016, 06:32 PM
He better tighten up then......that new Lethal is going to take some serious cash to get race ready!

He will be aaaiiight.........

Barbecueboy
03-15-2016, 06:34 PM
Pretty sure you are trying to bs us. You know him very well. IP address tells a lot. But that's ok I like the guy even if you are playing dumb.
Who's " playing ".........and me, BS you?????

Nooooooo, never........you're the guy with all the facts.