PDA

View Full Version : Brownstown or Atomic this weekend

luv racin
03-15-2016, 12:21 PM
I am trying to make the decision for the Lucas race on which one to go to. Any info would be appreciated

pink floyd
03-15-2016, 12:50 PM
i think the overall show will be better at atomic. jmo.

gorj
03-15-2016, 01:42 PM
I've seen good races at both, I'm doing Atomic this weekend. Looks like the car count will be great. I like the grandstand layout much better at Atomic.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Atomic. Dress warm, but I'm hitting Atomic. Plus it's about four to five hours closer to me. Like the track way better anyhow.

Rollover
03-15-2016, 04:02 PM
id say atomic. last few lucas races at brownstown have been snoozers

Clayton_Wetter
03-15-2016, 04:13 PM
id say atomic. last few lucas races at brownstown have been snoozers

Yep, when Lucas comes to B-town the water trucks seem to get scarce. As does the farming.

GEAR_HEAD
03-15-2016, 04:35 PM
Brownstown is always disappointing, Atomic will be better. Glad the weather looks like it will cooperate.

brownstownfanPU
03-15-2016, 05:04 PM
I grew up close to Brownstown... I've never been to Atomic. I'm sure they put on a fine show. What I can say is that this early season race is usually one of the best of the season at Brownstown. With all of the rain that has fallen recently, I look for the track to have some moisture rise up through the night. If the track crew can keep the top side from drying out between now and this weekend the racing surface should be in good shape and exciting for the fans... Enough moisture to keep the speeds up, but still able to produce 3+ racing grooves is my prediction. Looking forward to it!

TTS_JF
03-16-2016, 07:14 AM
I plan on hitting both, if the forecast looks ok for the trip to Brownstown. I'm taking off tomorrow to watch hoops all day, then doing the same on Friday until time to leave for Atomic.

racerx99
03-16-2016, 08:44 PM
Doin' both. Think turn 4 stands @ Atomic offer a pretty good view. B-town just depends on the crowd where to sit....

D. Tidrow
03-17-2016, 03:21 AM
Doin' both. Think turn 4 stands @ Atomic offer a pretty good view. B-town just depends on the crowd where to sit....I did them both last year, a sort of a bucket list thing. Chillicothe was one of the best tracks I have been to. This year I'm going to the real Atomic then to the Ralph Lathem, can't wait!

chupp n bloomer fan
03-17-2016, 02:13 PM
I did them both last year, a sort of a bucket list thing. Chillicothe was one of the best tracks I have been to. This year I'm going to the real Atomic then to the Ralph Lathem, can't wait!Not sure when they opened the Atomic in Tennessee, which I sadly never made it too. It was probably the top track I wanted to see in Tennessee. But KC in Ohio was Atomic back in the 50's when it was opened. It didn't change to K-C until the early 80's when it was bought by two different people. Then Schraeder made his grand announcement of changing the name back to Atomic a couple months before he lost it at that travesty of a DTWC. It's Atomic because of the Uranium plant just south of there in Piketon.

Not sure why the Atomic in Tenneessee was named that, or if they just liked that name. At least the one in Ohio if they wanna turn it into a trucking depot, they are going to have to upgrade Blaine Highway just a little. Still can't believe there hasn't been some jacked up haulers on that road, especially where the guardrail has a kink in it on the one curve.

jr1216
03-17-2016, 04:17 PM
The one in Tennessee was probably named that because of the oak ridge national lab that is a nuclear facility.

Mud Packer
03-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Never been to Atomic and it looks like a road trip is in store. Looking forward to seeing a new track and also a quality field of cars for the first race of the year.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-17-2016, 07:06 PM
The one in Tennessee was probably named that because of the oak ridge national lab that is a nuclear facility.Well then, probably the same reason basically. Cool. I really do wish I'd have gotten there before they turned it into a stupid Crete trucking yard.

luv racin
03-17-2016, 09:43 PM
I am not going to get to make it to atomic this weekend but its definitely on my bucket list. Yess the old atomic speedway in tn was awesome. I got vivid memories of it cuz I was really young but they are good memories

luv racin
03-17-2016, 09:44 PM
And thanks to all who gave their advance on this weekend. Sure was appreciated.

Clayton_Wetter
03-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Better look the rain situation over and decide about at least making one of the two races.

RRRKKK
03-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Lucas oil said Brownstown is cancelled this weekend.