PDA

View Full Version : Du Quoin USAC National Midgets

CIRF
03-17-2016, 05:57 AM
Anyone else on here heading to Du Quoin for the Shamrock Classic USAC National Midget race March 19th?

We're heading for Du Quoin early Saturday morning on the 4.5 hour trip to Southern Illinois.

If this racing is anywhere near as good as what we've seen in the past it will be a great show.

FourDeepInTheFluff
03-18-2016, 12:11 AM
CIRF, leaving around 8 or 9 am Saturday for the drive to Du Quoin. Looking forward to nearly 60 midgets and pretty excited to see those outlaw karts around that joint. Only seen em twice before. Once at a local kart track but they had smaller engines, and then once at Indy Indoors. They should be pretty cool around Du Quoin.

CIRF
03-18-2016, 09:28 AM
I've never seen the outlaw carts in person. Watched video of them and they look like they're very exciting.

We are absolutely pumped in anticipation of this event. I've gotta' believe it's going to sell completely out. The stands were very full back in December.

FourDeep, are you staying in or near Du Quoin Saturday night?

We have rooms East of Du Quoin at Rend Lake Resort. Real nice place and we were able to get off season room rates. Off the top of my head the rooms are $71.00 tax and all.

If you have some time to kill before hot laps Saturday night you might think about going downtown Du Quoin. There is a craft beer micro brewery in what used to be the old St. Nicholas Hotel. It's been completely renovated to a modern facility but they kept the charm of the old hotel intact. Some of the different beers are pretty good and the food is above average, too. We go there a couple of times while were at Du Quoin for the racing on the mile track on Labor Day Weekend. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Have a great time FourDeep, travel safe.

FourDeepInTheFluff
03-18-2016, 02:12 PM
Yes CIRF we will be staying in Du Quoin. You turned me on to Rend Lake in a previous thread, I called but was unable to secure the off season prices. We are staying at Super 8 within walking distance of the fairgrounds so all is well. I do have the brewery on my list. I dont know if we will have time to go due to me working graveyard shift tonight and leaving later than normal in the a.m. But I deff. have it bookmarked!