PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Owens balances racing, responsibility and fatherhood

Returning to Dirt
03-18-2016, 05:22 AM
http://insidedirtracing.com/jimmy-owens-balances-racing-responsibility-and-fatherhood/

Jimmy has always been one of my favorite interviews because of his honesty. This time was no different. He gave some interesting answers that might surprise some people.

amalone09
03-18-2016, 09:06 AM
Great article and very honest answers from Jimmy, thanks for sharing.

kidrock
03-18-2016, 09:15 AM
When you have kids it changes everything in your life and makes it harder to enjoy your job when your away so much and missing out on your kids activities but, like he said he's not alone a lot parents has to miss their kids activities because of work.

Good article

chupp n bloomer fan
03-18-2016, 10:17 AM
Heck of an article, and Jimmy was certainly truthful and speaking as a parent.

fastford
03-18-2016, 10:29 AM
I think the world of jimmy, but it sure sounds like he is loosing his drive. ive never forced racing on my kids, two of my own and one step child, that all love racing , may be as much as me, some times you have to back up and regroup. we can race 2 pony cars and a street stock for about what it cost to run my late model , and truth be known , I get just as exited or maybe even more working with them , but like most people now a days, we had to learn to stay within our means , but when im able, ill be back. very good article rtd, it does show a human side to things and I think the ole Newport nightmare will be back........

champion24
03-18-2016, 03:32 PM
Is he married, or has he ever been? My wife slowed down racing activities long before kids! Hope Jimmy gets back to winning on tour.

AllenK
03-18-2016, 04:52 PM
I think it is great what Jimmy is doing,and that he isn't forcing racing on his kids.

Having said that, I would've given anything if my Dad would've been a racecar driver much less a great one. I never had it forced on me either. I have always loved it.