PDA

View Full Version : 2015/16 rocket radiator support help

Dirtmod13
03-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Just got my car back from getting the newest updated front end on my blue rocket. There isn't a 1" square tube on the bottom just ahead of the rack where the old front end mounted the bottom of the radiator. Don't know if they forgot it or is there a new way to mount the radiator? Anyone have any pics of a new rocket front with the radiator mounted?

jrkracing54
03-20-2016, 06:26 PM
I'd be calling them about that. I'm not aware of anything new that they are doing to those cars unless they are using some sort of bolt on deal that is new from the XR1 cars or something. I would be pretty upset if they forgot to weld one on or something but mistakes do happen.

Dirtmod13
03-21-2016, 09:06 AM
I'd be calling them about that. I'm not aware of anything new that they are doing to those cars unless they are using some sort of bolt on deal that is new from the XR1 cars or something. I would be pretty upset if they forgot to weld one on or something but mistakes do happen.So after some thinking and since there was no booger welds in the way, I just used a couple 1-3/4" clamps and bolted a 1" square tube under the lower rails. Really works nice. And it's easy to adjust the radiator or shroud when building it. Might even do the same with the top mount.

7uptruckracer
03-21-2016, 09:14 AM
So after some thinking and since there was no booger welds in the way, I just used a couple 1-3/4" clamps and bolted a 1" square tube under the lower rails. Really works nice. And it's easy to adjust the radiator or shroud when building it. Might even do the same with the top mount.

I've seen them use a bolt in deal like Joes Racing Products has.

Dirtmod13
03-21-2016, 10:23 AM
Trying to post a pic