PDA

View Full Version : What size winch is recommended for enclosed trailer.

strong08
03-21-2016, 02:09 PM
I am looking at putting a winch in my enclosed trailer, I have ramp overs there not very step. I would like to have one that is wireless, most wireless is around the 2,500 pound range is that big enough or should get something bigger.

RACR_73s
03-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Look at Harbour Freight, they have some bigger units that I think are remote. If want you want isn't remote, you can always buy a kit to make it remote. I put a remote on my superwinch.

Dirtmod13
03-21-2016, 07:59 PM
We have 2 trailers, one with a 4 wheeler winch and one with a huge one. Both work just fine. It's pulling a rolling load. Shouldn't be an issue with an el cheapo. Like said earlier, add on wireless remote is great, works with most winches.

strong08
04-03-2016, 10:38 AM
My trailer is 88 3/8 at the rear door, I am questioning will a late model go through it. I seen on another post someone said they had a new rocket and it would not go through a 90 inch door, is other cars narrower?

merc123
04-19-2016, 03:55 PM
3500 or higher. The less strain on the winch motor the longer it'll last and faster it'll pull.

You can get the harbor freight Badlands wireless remote and wire it into any winch. I had to do some Googling around to get the proper wire colors going to the correct place on my Warn winch, but I wired it in directly so I could still use the remote control socket. I'd suggest wiring a separate on/off switch for it so you can disable the wireless winch in case other folks have the same frequency remote. It would be bad if the car started rolling when you didn't want it to.