PDA

View Full Version : Casebolt

Rocket0108
03-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Just seen on racingjunk that steve has his 2016 rocket for sale....anybody know whats up or he just getting rid of it since its a blackfront.....being a 2016 youd think he would have one of those new XR1instead of a blackfront

GRT24
03-24-2016, 06:50 AM
I seen that as well And thought the same thing.

zyoung25
03-24-2016, 07:59 AM
He has a xr1, it was ran in Florida, it has a blue frame. I believe he has both.

Kromulous
03-24-2016, 09:18 AM
Probably getting a Longhorn, seems like the thing to do...

Twist'EM Up
03-24-2016, 10:37 AM
Wow i thought he was in a Club29 car??Or was that 3 cars ago??

W2Racing09
03-24-2016, 10:46 AM
Steve Casebolt has an XR1 car at this point. He is probably taking delivery of another XR1 car (as mentioned in a recent DoD article from right before Speedweeks I believe) and has no need for the Black front car going forward.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Josh Bayko
03-24-2016, 11:01 AM
Wow i thought he was in a Club29 car??Or was that 3 cars ago??

Switched to Rocket about halfway through last year.

onlyfacts
03-24-2016, 12:26 PM
Probably getting a Longhorn, seems like the thing to do...I Talked to a guy that works at Rocket he said Casebolt has another XR1 coming. The guy also said they have a lot of cars to build.

Kromulous
03-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Horns up !!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, just stirring the pot. XR1 looks like a fine ride, the ones i seen run good.

Side note thou, that XR1 is pricey... why are the so exspensive? i heard 15k for frame and deck / interior.

W2Racing09
03-24-2016, 01:11 PM
Horns up !!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, just stirring the pot. XR1 looks like a fine ride, the ones i seen run good.

Side note thou, that XR1 is pricey... why are the so exspensive? i heard 15k for frame and deck / interior.

It looks like that quote would include all of the below parts.

2016 Rocket "XR-1" Frame & Body Kit Includes:
2016 "Rocket XR1 Chassis", rear bumper, front bumper, side spiders, door bar, - ALL Powder coated, Full Driver (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit/ tub - installed by Rocket, Complete Deck Kit with extra bent Heavy Duty Option, Aluminum Angle Bracing Kit for the deck, Complete Rocket Aero Body - Fenders, Doors, Quarters, Hood, MD3 composite Roof and leader, Aero Windows and pillars, 2 pc rear spoiler, MD3 Front Nose Kit with lower Valance, MD3 lower rockers, Lightweight Body Brace Kit, and Spring Steel- ALL INSTALLED! Coleman Bearing Adjustable Gas Pedal, Wilwood Brake Pedal dual setup - with 2 Wilwood Mastercylinders, Wilwood Clutch Pedal with Wilwood mastercylinder with Clutch hose kit, 3 Wheel Brake shutoff with in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit switch, full hard brake lines, and (4) Flexlines for calipers - ALL is Installed by Rocket!
From................................$ 14,095.00

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Horns up !!!!!!!!!!!!

Docol tubing and that is what the market will bear.

Twist'EM Up
03-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Thanx Josh, I missed that switch back to Rockets. Must B nice too switch cars like underwear haha

Kromulous
03-24-2016, 02:50 PM
I guess some people have a nice market.

Still seem pricey to me. You still need a rack, front suspension, and rear end, bars, lift bar etc. Shocks, springs, wheels tires, seat etc. All said as done maybe 40k roller?

I guess thats not bad, i heard a Longhorn is 55k full roller.

Add another 40 to 45k for motor and Trans, pumps etc. Hopefully people begin to see where DLM racing is going...

W2Racing09
03-24-2016, 02:53 PM

Still seem pricey to me. You still need a rack, front suspension, and rear end, bars, lift bar etc. Shocks, springs, wheels tires, seat etc. All said as done maybe 40k roller?

Add another 40 to 45k for motor and Trans, pumps etc. Hopefully people begin to see where DLM racing is going...

Yup, it isn't pretty.

At some point a line will be crossed and a bunch of people will get out and the prices will either need to come down or the sport of LM racing will die. I can't imagine too many more price increases can be absorbed - a lot of these drivers are winning a lot of money each year and still losing a ton.

Thanks,
Jeff.

BTExpress
03-24-2016, 02:57 PM
Switching chassis seems almost the norm in late model racing. Sprint car guys seem to be loyal to their chassis manufacturers for some reason. They may switch shocks, engine builders and almost everything else, but they stay loyal with their chassis. A lot of sprint car drivers stay with their same manufacturer their whole careers.......don't get it with late model guys switching so often......it seems only a few get any faster after switching to boot?

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-24-2016, 02:58 PM

I don't disagree. Crazy what people will spend to pick up start money at the end of the night at a Saturday night show.

MEE
03-24-2016, 05:19 PM
I thought Casebolt looked better at Atomic than I've seen him look in a long time.
What ever he's running it sure seems to agree with him.

zyoung25
03-24-2016, 07:38 PM
I thought Casebolt looked better at Atomic than I've seen him look in a long time.
What ever he's running it sure seems to agree with him.

He ran the car that is for sale.

MEE
03-24-2016, 08:20 PM
If the other car is better,then he will be a contender.

mud duck
03-25-2016, 12:08 AM
Kromulous and W2 are correct!! Some of these builders are over pricing these cars and making a killing!! They better make it now because they are ultimately going to kill the sport down the road in a few years! $70,000 car to maybe win a couple of $10,000 races! If their lucky!! Eventually, it's all going to come to a head and sooner than later. Some of these owners might have money to burn and just enjoy the sport! But, they are not stupid to continue losing thousands and thousands of dollars each year. Plus, some of the local tracks can't get enough late models to fill a decent feature! I wonder why?? I don't see the track owners ponying up big money on a regular basis for the win and clear thru the field to keep guys running!! So, it all rests on the builders and engine makers!! Long term, they are pricing themselves right out of the sport! make it now!! Because it won't be there later!

W2Racing09
03-25-2016, 08:06 AM
Kromulous and W2 are correct!! Some of these builders are over pricing these cars and making a killing!! They better make it now because they are ultimately going to kill the sport down the road in a few years! $70,000 car to maybe win a couple of $10,000 races! If their lucky!! Eventually, it's all going to come to a head and sooner than later. Some of these owners might have money to burn and just enjoy the sport! But, they are not stupid to continue losing thousands and thousands of dollars each year. Plus, some of the local tracks can't get enough late models to fill a decent feature! I wonder why?? I don't see the track owners ponying up big money on a regular basis for the win and clear thru the field to keep guys running!! So, it all rests on the builders and engine makers!! Long term, they are pricing themselves right out of the sport! make it now!! Because it won't be there later!

That is right unfortunately. I used to blame the engine builders for the high prices more so than anything else. But with $40k rollers coming out of WV, and the Carolinas (and even IA now) the sport is in trouble on both ends (to the point where Crates don't really help either because you are still dropping $60k on a new CLM). To support these kind of expenses the sport needs to grow 30-40% in popularity. At that point tracks would be getting tons of fans weekly and can afford to pay $2-$3k weekly. If these National Tours want cars to continue following when they are running $100k+ cars then the purses need to increase also to $15k/$2k.

Kromulous
03-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Exactly right.

Big name sponsors, TV coverage etc always ups the ante. The scale is sliding to the right at an alarming rate and the sport is pricing more and more people out every day.

A lot of people think i am crazy for saying it, but NASCAR followed the exact same path. Soon as the money comes in, the sport has to pay the price.

FlatTire
03-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Totally agree with the price concerns on new cars. There are only a select few that can afford $40,000 late models rollers. There is no "lower" class late model racer left and the "middle" class late model racer is in danger of extinction. With the new inflated prices for a top car, the gap between the haves and have not's will continue to widen. Eventually it will effect those at the top because they need the middle class teams to have a full field.

Also, the fact that Longhorn or Black Diamond refuse to sell you a car that isn't a complete roller won't help either.

Its doesn't matter if you are selling houses, food, clothing, or racecars... you need a strong middle class for long term sustainability.

The only good thing to all of it is if you want a good used car that isn't a Longhorn or Black Diamond then there are plenty of really nice cars out there for dirt cheap!

On a side note, its interesting how the price of a top engine used to be far more than a top car. Now days they are pretty even.

W2Racing09
03-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Totally agree with the price concerns on new cars. There are only a select few that can afford $40,000 late models rollers. There is no "lower" class late model racer left and the "middle" class late model racer is in danger of extinction. With the new inflated prices for a top car, the gap between the haves and have not's will continue to widen. Eventually it will effect those at the top because they need the middle class teams to have a full field.

Also, the fact that Longhorn or Black Diamond refuse to sell you a car that isn't a complete roller won't help either.

Its doesn't matter if you are selling houses, food, clothing, or racecars... you need a strong middle class for long term sustainability.

The only good thing to all of it is if you want a good used car that isn't a Longhorn or Black Diamond then there are plenty of really nice cars out there for dirt cheap!

On a side note, its interesting how the price of a top engine used to be far more than a top car. Now days they are pretty even.

The sad thing is when you say that the price of a top engine "used to be far more" than a top car you are referring to a time that was about 2-3 years ago. A brand new roller has increased from what? $30k to $40k in 3 years? To me $25-$30k is a reasonable rate for a full roller new Late Model. Throw in a Crate motor and trans and what not and you are on track with brand new best of the best stuff for $35-$40k, that means used good stuff like a 1-2 year old chassis and fresh 604 will run you $20k. That is reasonable. Right now I'm seeing CLMs selling race ready near $50k that are USED! Crazy.

Thanks,
Jeff.