PDA

View Full Version : Willy's slick track carb

JAMESGANGRACING
03-25-2016, 01:23 PM
can anyone give me any info if they really work or not? sounds good in theory but just wondering how they really work

RCJ
03-25-2016, 02:11 PM
I've dyno them and they do make a smoother power band and they are softer on the bottom end on the track.We also dynod a vacuum secondary carb that a local guy built. It preformed just as good.While I would say they do work ,retarding timing, slowing the linkage down and stuff like that works just as good.

rakracing
03-25-2016, 08:17 PM
RCJ, you ever dyno one with the secondary swirter unhooked ,on track it feels much smoother on the slick, just wandered what it showed on a dyno.

RCJ
03-25-2016, 09:49 PM
No. It seemed like the dial ajet on the willy's worked great on the dyno but on the track we didn't think it worked that good.Traded the carb off shortly after.I don't think the dyno is the best thing to show driveablity.You are always wide open when making a pull, but on the track you at part throttle, feathering the throttle etc..

hammond motorsports
03-26-2016, 09:05 AM
only bad thing about a vacuum secondary carb is you lose vacuum the carb goes wide open and you can not pull pedal back . Think they should not be used . I had one do this and luckly lost vac on parade lap . Could have been a bad deal .