PDA

View Full Version : Afco or Pro

jeff89
03-25-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm looking to get my first set of built shocks was wondering if should go with a set of afco or pro. Our class can only run non adjustable oil shocks. Sportsman 4bar.And has anyone ever had Jerry link do your shocks I have talked to him at afco and he will be doing them if I go afco

Thanks,

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-25-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm looking to get my first set of built shocks was wondering if should go with a set of afco or pro. Our class can only run non adjustable oil shocks. Sportsman 4bar.And has anyone ever had Jerry link do your shocks I have talked to him at afco and he will be doing them if I go afco

Thanks,

I worked with Jerry a lot at his old business, SHY. He knows his stuff.

grt74
03-25-2016, 08:43 PM
I worked with Jerry a lot at his old business, SHY. He knows his stuff.

he also has worked with all of the top guys,very,very,sharp guy,not to mention when he freshens them up you'll get exactly what you had before,unless you want something different built,its nice to know your shocks are built to the same specs as before because if the car is acting stupid after a wreck you'll know its not the shock and to look somewhere else

Brian Gray
03-27-2016, 10:12 PM
For the money the afco product is great. Jerry has a new setup that is very different from the catalog Afcos so if you are looking at high end shocks the new black versions are going to be hard to beat. Just be prepared to pay Penske or jri money for them. We have been very successful duplicating profiles with the std mono tubes though.

I work directly with the team at afco . If I can be of assistance don't hesitate to ask.

fastford
03-28-2016, 12:00 PM
jerry has been doing my shocks for a while now , im glad he is at afco now, with the resources he has now , he's the man........he's a quiet man, but if you ask him a question and you listen to what he says, he will help you. when I first started using the soft right front stuff, his help was priceless........

GRT62
03-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Jerry is the best in the business, anyone on ohlin shocks should think jerry without him there would be no ohlins in the DLM world