PDA

View Full Version : drive shaft leght please

wismadman
03-25-2016, 06:17 PM
pierce late model with falcon trans. how long for slipe yoke and shaft length. the manvrick style trans.

Dirtmod13
03-25-2016, 07:31 PM
pierce late model with falcon trans. how long for slipe yoke and shaft length. the manvrick style trans.Check your chassis/ engine setback too, I ordered a new driveshaft for my rocket and it was too long based on the rocket setup book. Turns out we have a 8" setback car and a 10. Built in the same month.

taylor2727
03-25-2016, 10:20 PM
U should b able to put a yoke in trans with 2" out on center and measure with car at ride hieghts. 38"on a bert if i remember right isn't it 4" shorter on brinn or falcon been a long time ?

taylor2727
03-25-2016, 10:33 PM
U should b able to put a yoke in trans with 2" out on center and measure with car at ride hieghts. 38"on a bert if i remember right isn't it 4" shorter on brinn or falcon been a long time ?

Lizardracing
03-26-2016, 11:07 AM
A 4/4 car will push the DS into the trans up on the bars.

With the car on jack stands, I put both lower bars in the upper most holes I'll ever use and put the yoke in the trans all the way in, pull it out an inch, then measure from cap to cap. Then with the yoke still in the transmission, place the lower bars in the lowest most holes and block the axle at RH and remeasure the cap to cap distance.
The difference will tell you how long a yoke is needed. IE, a 5" difference will need a 6" or longer yoke.

Since most racing transmissions have the room, using a 8" yolk is a good idea but the above works too on stock type transmissions that may not have the room for the 8".