PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Devin Moran at Florence !!!

SuperEight
03-27-2016, 05:02 PM
Devin drove a perfect race in his BWRC, putting away several veteran competitors at Florence.

TCC5
03-27-2016, 05:13 PM
He done one hell of job! His car was was tighter than hell! He defiantly had his hands full! Congrats

Hoosier_Dirt
03-27-2016, 06:01 PM
He's becoming a threat every race he goes to. Congrats on a heck of a race!!

Snake X3
03-28-2016, 12:17 AM
Great race for the Dresden Bomber!

cutman
03-28-2016, 07:03 AM
Remember when people said he wouldn't be able to win in a BWRC? Lol

Hoosier_Dirt
03-28-2016, 07:20 AM
Remember when people said he wouldn't be able to win in a BWRC? Lol

Goes to show it isn't chassis. All about set ups.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-28-2016, 08:39 AM
Goes to show it isn't chassis. All about set ups.

Depends totally on what you can do and understand yourself. Or, then chassis matters.

SuperEight
03-28-2016, 08:43 AM
Never understand why people up north won't give Barry his props.
DO IT THE WRIGHT WAY !!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-28-2016, 09:04 AM
DO IT THE WRIGHT WAY !!!

I spent enough time down south to know he builds a nice piece.

zyoung25
03-28-2016, 09:12 AM
DO IT THE WRIGHT WAY !!!

I thinks it's mainly because of his location. If I buy one of his cars and wreck it to where it needs some work, im gonna have to haul it 10 hours south to SC to get it looked at. I've always considered Barry's cars to be one of the best quality cars out there.

I think Devin would've swept the weeked if he hadn't got piled up at Maietta Friday night, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Hoosier_Dirt
03-28-2016, 09:38 AM
I'll never be convinced a chassis makes a difference. Somebody that knows how to set a car up can make anything fast.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-28-2016, 10:18 AM
I thinks it's mainly because of his location. If I buy one of his cars and wreck it to where it needs some work, im gonna have to haul it 10 hours south to SC to get it looked at. I've always considered Barry's cars to be one of the best quality cars out there.

I think Devin would've swept the weeked if he hadn't got piled up at Maietta Friday night, but that's how it goes sometimes.

You mean like taking a Club 29 to Louisiana for repair?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-28-2016, 12:32 PM
Depends totally on what you can do and understand yourself. Or, then chassis matters.

You are exactly right masters

SuperEight
03-28-2016, 01:06 PM
I'll never be convinced a chassis makes a difference. Somebody that knows how to set a car up can make anything fast.

Mostly true. A given chassis has a certain level of, "potential performance" built into it. Sure some tune better than others, some drive better than others, but the chassis can only ever deliver so much potential, regardless of skill or tinkering talent. If the basic car is a bad design to begin with, no matter what setup or driver you throw at it, there is a limit to its potential. Your average Saturday night guy is probably only getting 80-85% out of his car, the regional traveling guys maybe 88% and the national touring guys probably get 90-92%. This is why I think so many of the elite teams build their own chassis, because buying one from a mass builder just wasn't quite good enough. The first Longhorns were horrible and they had some sharp people and deep pockets working on that project. Step in Kevin Rumley with a total redux and Presto-Chango! Some scoff and say, "Its just a bunch of tubing" sorry my friend but those days have passed. If it didn't make a difference how a car was designed and built why would Mark Richards completely scrap his old chassis design? Why not just do another upgrade? He could've released the, "Pinky-Purple" front end and his throng of worshipers would've trampled each other to be first in line to get one, without it ever turning a lap. Basic design matters, Build quality matters and Barry builds a good car. Food for thought.

zyoung25
03-28-2016, 04:32 PM
You mean like taking a Club 29 to Louisiana for repair?

How many guys do you of that has just one bd/club car? If you got the money to afford one of those things new, you have two.

rickybrown1952
03-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Congrats to Devin Moran great race

dirtfanbob
03-28-2016, 10:42 PM
Wasn't Devin's car the one Francis couldn't get to work last year? I thought CBR and all his genius crew guys knew everything. All they can do is step on theyre own dcks by not listening to someone that might actually know Something about the cars they working on. Lanigan himself said in a interview from FL that it's different workin with them and he csnt be as hands on as he wants. Which, if it was team CBR then where was O'Neal at?
Congrats to Devin for out driving the disco machine

edavis71
03-29-2016, 03:56 AM
Congrats to young Moran for sure, he is turning out to be a chip off the old block!!!

pink floyd
03-29-2016, 06:24 AM
way to go devin!!

LMPunk
03-29-2016, 06:31 AM
Wasn't Devin's car the one Francis couldn't get to work last year? I thought CBR and all his genius crew guys knew everything. All they can do is step on theyre own dcks by not listening to someone that might actually know Something about the cars they working on. Lanigan himself said in a interview from FL that it's different workin with them and he csnt be as hands on as he wants. Which, if it was team CBR then where was O'Neal at?

Lanigan was there in a small trailer and truck of his own (I imagine it was his, at least). Didn't have the big CBR toter like they do on the Lucas tour.

NormP
03-29-2016, 07:56 AM

That has to be why that Bowyer team can't win consistently with any driver/chassis combo. Look at how well Francis ran in a BWRC before he went to Bowyer, when it was just him and the Wrights. Or how Lanigan won when he was calling the shots the last couple of years.

And then the night he's at Florence for once on his own he runs 2nd, better than most of his finishes down in Florida.

But I enjoyed seeing Moran win. It's nice to see a second generation racer who wins without plowing everyone out of his way or letting his family cause a bunch of drama in the pits. Imagine what it will be like in a few years if he is as successful as his dad was.

SuperEight
03-29-2016, 08:01 PM
That has to be why that Bowyer team can't win consistently with any driver/chassis combo. Look at how well Francis ran in a BWRC before he went to Bowyer, when it was just him and the Wrights. Or how Lanigan won when he was calling the shots the last couple of years.

And then the night he's at Florence for once on his own he runs 2nd, better than most of his finishes down in Florida.

But I enjoyed seeing Moran win. It's nice to see a second generation racer who wins without plowing everyone out of his way or letting his family cause a bunch of drama in the pits. Imagine what it will be like in a few years if he is as successful as his dad was.
Very well put. I like Pierce, just don't think his nickname fits.
Kinda like calling Dale Sr., "The Velvet Touch".

kidrock
03-29-2016, 08:19 PM
Very well put. I like Pierce, just don't think his nickname fits.
Kinda like calling Dale Sr., "The Velvet Touch".

I think the name fit Bobby at one time but, since he's becomes more agressive not so much.

Clayton_Wetter
03-30-2016, 04:09 PM
The Short Cruel One!!!