PDA

View Full Version : Terre Haute Action Track 2016 Season Opnener

CIRF
03-29-2016, 02:17 PM
The Sumar Classic is traditionally a great show and a infrequent opportunity to see the USAC Silver Crown cars race on a 1/2 mile dirt track. The Sunday evening show gets going early enough that allows for racers and fans alike to be home in good time.

We'll be there and we're looking forward to another great show by "the big cars"!

Here is a promotional YouTube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fdbvkRCJkIY

The "Big Cars" of USAC racing are back! The "Sumar Classic" featuring the USAC Silver Crown Series comes to the Terre Haute Action Track on Sunday, April 3, 2016 for the season opener on the legendary half-mile.

You can get a FREE pit pass upgrade with an advance purchase of a grandstand seat now. Tickets are now available at: https://usacracing.ticketspice.com/terre-haute-sc-april

Sunday, April 3, 2016
Terre Haute Action Track (Terre Haute, Indiana)
USAC Silver Crown "Sumar Classic" & UMP Modifieds

EVENT ORDER
1:00 - Pit Gates Open
3:00 - USAC Drivers Meeting
3:00 - Grandstands
3:30 - USAC Silver Crown Hotlaps
4:00 - USAC Silver Crown Hotlaps
4:40 - USAC Silver Crown Qualifying
7:00 - USAC Silver Crown Feature

TICKET PRICES:
Infield: $15.00
Grandstand: $25.00 ($15 for students with a college ID!)
Children 12 and Under: FREE!
Pit Pass: $35.00

SuperEight
03-29-2016, 08:02 PM
The Sumar Classic is traditionally a great show and a infrequent opportunity to see the USAC Silver Crown cars race on a 1/2 mile dirt track. The Sunday evening show gets going early enough that allows for racers and fans alike to be home in good time.

We'll be there and we're looking forward to another great show by "the big cars"!

Here is a promotional YouTube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fdbvkRCJkIY

The "Big Cars" of USAC racing are back! The "Sumar Classic" featuring the USAC Silver Crown Series comes to the Terre Haute Action Track on Sunday, April 3, 2016 for the season opener on the legendary half-mile.

You can get a FREE pit pass upgrade with an advance purchase of a grandstand seat now. Tickets are now available at: https://usacracing.ticketspice.com/terre-haute-sc-april

Sunday, April 3, 2016
Terre Haute Action Track (Terre Haute, Indiana)
USAC Silver Crown "Sumar Classic" & UMP Modifieds

EVENT ORDER
1:00 - Pit Gates Open
3:00 - USAC Drivers Meeting
3:00 - Grandstands
3:30 - USAC Silver Crown Hotlaps
4:00 - USAC Silver Crown Hotlaps
4:40 - USAC Silver Crown Qualifying
7:00 - USAC Silver Crown Feature

TICKET PRICES:
Infield: $15.00
Grandstand: $25.00 ($15 for students with a college ID!)
Children 12 and Under: FREE!
Pit Pass: $35.00

Oh how I'd love to see that.

CIRF
03-29-2016, 08:27 PM
Oh how I'd love to see that.

Super, if I find any internet PPV coverage I'll pass that information along to you.

Too bad you can't make it. This is traditionally a great race. They run 100 laps. During the first 75 laps the yellow flag laps count. After lap 75 the yellow flag laps do not count. I believe THAT is the only venue that uses this procedure.

SuperEight
03-31-2016, 09:46 AM
Super, if I find any internet PPV coverage I'll pass that information along to you.

Too bad you can't make it. This is traditionally a great race. They run 100 laps. During the first 75 laps the yellow flag laps count. After lap 75 the yellow flag laps do not count. I believe THAT is the only venue that uses this procedure.

I've never had the opportunity to see Silver Crown in person, only TV and web, but that would be too cool. I'm a die hard DLM guy, probably because of where I am from(Georgia) but non-wing sprints of all varieties really get my blood pumping. I can dig WoO but Non-wing is just "IT" for me and Silver Crown is the Top Dog. I recently got the Lucas Oil channel on my ROKU and I've been binge watching the "Dirty 30" show and youtub'n USAC/CRA sprints ever since. Robert Ballou and TMez are my favorites but Double-D is always a contender too. Do you know if Ballou ever drives Silver Crown, I know Dave Darland has?

CIRF
03-31-2016, 01:00 PM
I've never had the opportunity to see Silver Crown in person, only TV and web, but that would be too cool. I'm a die hard DLM guy, probably because of where I am from(Georgia) but non-wing sprints of all varieties really get my blood pumping. I can dig WoO but Non-wing is just "IT" for me and Silver Crown is the Top Dog. I recently got the Lucas Oil channel on my ROKU and I've been binge watching the "Dirty 30" show and youtub'n USAC/CRA sprints ever since. Robert Ballou and TMez are my favorites but Double-D is always a contender too. Do you know if Ballou ever drives Silver Crown, I know Dave Darland has?

Robert Ballou currently does not have a Silver Crown deal that I'm aware of and it's a shame that he doesn't. Up until 2 years ago he drove the #63 DePalma/Hampshire Silver Crown car. Not sure exactly what happened to that deal. Robert was a demon on the 1 mile dirt tracks. He put on a show for the ages at Du Quoin on The Magic Mile in 2013. He was on the cushion from the green flag until he ran out of fuel with less than 5 to go. Robert was putting the right rear on the outside wall every lap. The fuel deal was a costly mistake for the #63 team. They were by far the fastest car that night and deserved to win the race.

TMez has a full time USAC National Sprint Car ride this year and the division will be more exciting because of it, too. He won one of the season opener races at Bubby Raceway Park in February.

Robert Ballou will be tough again coming off of his 2015 championship season in the USAC sprint division. He already has won a race in Florida along with TMez and Brian Clauson.

Double D will be tough again this year in the sprint cars and hopefully in the Silver Crown cars, as well. I'm not real familiar with the team he's with in the Silver Crown division this year but hopefully he can get a couple of wins.

The wingless cars are by far the most exciting racecars on dirt. I too am a dyed in the wool late model guy but we dearly love to watch the wingless cars of all three divisions (midgets, sprints & Silver Crown) and will travel to see them.

Super, if you ever get the chance to attend the 4 Crown Nationals at Eldora late in September I would strongly suggest that you do. That is the only event where you can see all three of USAC's National divisions on the same program and as you probably know, Eldora is a special place.