PDA

View Full Version : 20 years ago today: Lonestar Speedway HAT race video

AllenK
03-30-2016, 09:02 PM
It's hard to believe this was 20 years ago. Not a very good race,but a nice time capsule. My wife and I and my Dad attended this race and many others at Lone Star before they shortened the track. It was a bad fast place,but kinda one laned. The next week we went to the HAT at Chatham which is also on YT. Time flies...

http://youtu.be/HLU6P4jlQJE

racingfool32
04-01-2016, 01:23 AM
Allen you still attend races around Arkansas.

old fan
04-01-2016, 05:41 AM
They said billy moyer jr wait a second

AllenK
04-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Allen you still attend races around Arkansas.
Haven't been to any since 2010. Last race we went to was that year at Carolina Speedway in Gastonia,NC. We were on vacation,and wanted to go to a North Carolina track. Family that races quit that year also. Never thought I would see the day when it wouldn't bother me to not go the track.
Late nights getting home,one laned racetracks,and high gas prices didn't help.

DOD and 4m are way cheaper.

SuperEight
04-01-2016, 12:58 PM
They said billy moyer jr wait a second

I know, they use to refer to Billy Moyer as, "Billy Moyer, Jr" back then. Once "Kid Smooth" started racing they quit calling "Mr Smooth", junior. I have no idea as to why this was so, but...

racingfool32
04-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Dang Allen how do you get by without smelling racing fuel........... We go to Batesville for the big races and their Street Stock races are some best racing of the year. Then we pick one race a month to travel to. PDC at Fairbury was the best racing I've ever seen from heats to feature in my 51 years of watching racing.

PS for some reason my reply buttons doesn't work on here.

a25rjr
04-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Dang Allen how do you get by without smelling racing fuel........... We go to Batesville for the big races and their Street Stock races are some best racing of the year. Then we pick one race a month to travel to. PDC at Fairbury was the best racing I've ever seen from heats to feature in my 51 years of watching racing.

You gotta double click and some times triple, to get them to work.

racingfool32
04-01-2016, 08:57 PM
You gotta double click and some times triple, to get them to work.

Thank you for the tip.

onlyfacts
04-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Thank You for posting this video. It reminds me how bad the racing was back in those days. Hopefully Lucas and WOO officials watch and realize the racing today is way more exciting. If we went back to that kind of racing we wouldn't have to worry about dirt late model racing because there would be no fans in the stands.

Crossbones
04-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Thank You for posting this video. It reminds me how bad the racing was back in those days. Hopefully Lucas and WOO officials watch and realize the racing today is way more exciting. If we went back to that kind of racing we wouldn't have to worry about dirt late model racing because there would be no fans in the stands.

Yeah that race was typical back then. The cars behaved like they were on asphalt. Were they using leaf springs back then?

zyoung25
04-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Terry Phillips mullet....AWESOME

AllenK
04-02-2016, 03:04 PM
b]Dang Allen how do you get by without smelling racing fuel[/b]........... We go to Batesville for the big races and their Street Stock races are some best racing of the year. Then we pick one race a month to travel to. PDC at Fairbury was the best racing I've ever seen from heats to feature in my 51 years of watching racing.

It's all good lol. Don't really miss it all that much. Too many races like the one I posted. :)

As for Fairbury that place is awesome. If I went they would miss it on the track prep somehow though LOL. Can't count how many times I've been to a "sure thing" kind of track,and it was a freight train. I will just stay at home and not ruin it for everybody. LOL

Glad y'all are having fun!

I swore that nobody passed in the race,but I had forgotten that Ronnie Johnson had somehow managed to move up pretty good. The video doesn't show,but that track is fast. The late models were rolling on at the end of the straights. They reclayed the track one year,and it was wicked fast.
Danny Lasoski turned a 13 flat lap one year in the WOO Sprint Bandit series.

The picture of Terry Phillips was definitely awesome.