PDA

View Full Version : WoO suspension rules

vande07
04-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Got my SpeedSport Daily in my email today. The end must be near, the WoO has adopted the same rear suspension rules as Lucas and want everyone else to follow suit.

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/dirt-late-models/world-of-outlaws-late-models/woo-lms-adopts-new-suspension-rules/

Barbecueboy
04-01-2016, 01:09 PM
If you feel that you have been wrongly suspended You can appeal a woo suspension.........fyi

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Whats new?

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Got my SpeedSport Daily in my email today. The end must be near, the WoO has adopted the same rear suspension rules as Lucas and want everyone else to follow suit.

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/dirt-late-models/world-of-outlaws-late-models/woo-lms-adopts-new-suspension-rules/

CJ Rayburn must submit the swingarm for approval to continue production. LOL

It is just a step down an all-too-familiar path.

billetbirdcage
04-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Sure add more rules when they can't or won't even police the basic body rules. How about they actually enforce the rules we had before you add new ones, please.

billetbirdcage
04-01-2016, 02:15 PM
What's also funny it's dated march 30th on the Dirtcar rules and is effective 4-1, plenty of time to adjust your car if needed.

huskerdirt
04-01-2016, 02:26 PM
I'm doing a whole lot of laughing now.....

ClampedUp
04-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Sure add more rules when they can't or won't even police the basic body rules. How about they actually enforce the rules we had before you add new ones, please.

If they got out the measuring tapes and started measuring all the body rules dimensions there would be a whole lot of aluminum and plastic scrap laying in the pits at the end of the night....

Barbecueboy
04-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Didn't slow down the guy to beat in the Lucas series........lets see if it slows down the guy to beat in the woo series.

My guess will be.........no.

Hope I'm wrong.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-01-2016, 02:47 PM
If they got out the measuring tapes and started measuring all the body rules dimensions there would be a whole lot of aluminum and plastic scrap laying in the pits at the end of the night....

If they pulled the oil pans, they would send them all home.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-01-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm doing a whole lot of laughing now.....

It is so hilarious! I am glad the rich guys have a defined box for their cash.

huskerdirt
04-01-2016, 02:53 PM
It is so hilarious! I am glad the rich guys have a defined box for their cash.

Ironic that you were the first to reply to my post.

I suppose your car is now DirtCar illegal. You gonna boycott them too????

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Didn't slow down the guy to beat in the Lucas series........lets see if it slows down the guy to beat in the woo series.

My guess will be.........no.

Hope I'm wrong.

Very good point bbq

Barbecueboy
04-01-2016, 02:59 PM
With all this talk of laughter and hilarity I figured certain people were standing in front of a full length mirror..........what's this all about?

Barbecueboy
04-01-2016, 03:01 PM

What's ironic to me is that someone that has never sat in a car, owned a car or most likely even worked on a car with any success is digging at a guy that has done all of the above.

Irony personified Scott.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-01-2016, 03:02 PM

It doesn't have any impact on how many splinters you get in your azz from the bleachers, so why do you care?

huskerdirt
04-01-2016, 03:08 PM
What's ironic to me is that someone that has never sat in a car, owned a car or most likely even worked on a car with any success is digging at a guy that has done all of the above.

Irony personified Scott.

What even more ironic is that the "so called experts" of 4m chastised a series that made a change. Most of those had never worked or raced a late model. Then cruficied and crushed those who said other series will fall in line eventually.

Why do you keep referring to me as Scott?? Might be a case of mistaken identity.

huskerdirt
04-01-2016, 03:10 PM
It doesn't have any impact on how many splinters you get in your azz from the bleachers, so why do you care?

I care because of your agenda against any kind of rule change. And your b!tching and moaning on here is quite entertaining.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-01-2016, 03:12 PM
I care because of your agenda against any kind of rule change. And your b!tching and moaning on here is quite entertaining.

I am good with lots of rule changes that actually save money. I have spoken about them before. I have no interest in ones that change the trajectory of what late model racing has always been about.

huskerdirt
04-01-2016, 03:15 PM
I am good with lots of rule changes that actually save money. I have spoken about them before. I have no interest in ones that change the trajectory of what late model racing has always been about.

Fair enough. You and I don't see eye to eye. But I do respect/value your opinion.

Clayton_Wetter
04-01-2016, 03:46 PM

NEWSFLASH: They are using illegal oil!!!!! hahahha

Clayton_Wetter
04-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Seriously tell us more.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Seriously tell us more.

I am speaking of engine components.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-02-2016, 12:04 AM
I am speaking of engine components.What are they running that is not allowed? Serious question, I have no idea.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-02-2016, 12:05 AM

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/dirt-late-models/world-of-outlaws-late-models/woo-lms-adopts-new-suspension-rules/I'm shocked it took this long. Glad they are in line with each other now.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-02-2016, 12:30 AM
Follow the leader!

Necrosis
04-02-2016, 05:55 AM
If they pulled the oil pans, they would send them all home.Hold on... Why?Single cam in block, V-8, 1 4bbl carb. What else am I missing?

Necrosis
04-02-2016, 06:06 AM
What are they running that is not allowed? Serious question, I have no idea.I've built plenty of these engines, and have no idea what he is referring to. Even if he says "titanium", #1 Ti is legal, #2 Almost nobody runs titanium rods. They are a timebomb compared to a 300m Dyers that you can put 8,000 laps on without ever blinking. Most guys like a heavier rotating assembly anyhow, it's easier to drive. The days of ultra-lightweight cranks and rods are gone, especially when you have 4.125 stroke engines, sometimes 4.250 with 1" compression height pistons, which have 20% of the skirt area they had 10 years ago.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-02-2016, 06:36 AM
I actually had two reasons, but one is wrong. I didn't realize that TI actually became legal. It used not to be. Very surprised it is in the age of saving racers money.

Wide bore motors are not based on a factory production design.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-02-2016, 09:05 AM
I actually had two reasons, but one is wrong. I didn't realize that TI actually became legal. It used not to be. Very surprised it is in the age of saving racers money.

Wide bore motors are not based on a factory production design.But the wide bores are legal too. I know it's a b!tch among a lot of people, but as of now, they are legal too.

Necrosis
04-02-2016, 09:11 AM
I actually had two reasons, but one is wrong. I didn't realize that TI actually became legal. It used not to be. Very surprised it is in the age of saving racers money.Wide bore motors are not based on a factory production design.Keyword-"based". R03, FR, all factory produced for "homogenization", which is a worthless term in today's motorsport world.

RCJ
04-03-2016, 07:42 AM
I never payed much attention to the Lucas rules, because I race MARS/UMP whenever they are within 3 hours driving.Because of a post in the tech section I realized,I could be illegal.A part we all use I mount differently.
We were planing on going to Lucas Speedway next week end to race MLRA.Thought I better call and check.I was told that yes I was illegal.I felt i had a good argument that my car should be legal and asked to submit a new suspension design for approval.He told me how to do it.I submitted it and am waiting for a responses.
I am working on an ideal to remount my part if found illegal.If i could just find somebody to make me a billet bird cage.

RCJ
04-04-2016, 09:03 PM
No luck, getting the welder out.

TALON75
04-05-2016, 04:59 AM
Better make sure you got grade 8 bolts holding it all together also!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-05-2016, 05:13 AM
No luck, getting the welder out.

Just be thankful they saved you money! Lol