PDA

View Full Version : Free up on entry???

SaddleUpLock&Load
04-03-2016, 08:11 AM
Just want to know your go to moves to get the car free'd up entering. Just cant seem to get the driver comfortable in and its killing our whole corner. Track is incredibly fast, long straights sweeping corners. Heats are tacky, pretty wide open. Feature it gets black and slower but still fast. With these high corner speeds, I cant figure how much RF spring is to little or to much. Place makes my head spin

Brian Gray
04-03-2016, 07:27 PM
LF spring or shock compression. That's my go to if I only want to effect entry.

Matt49
04-03-2016, 08:01 PM
The "incredibly fast, long straights, sweeping corners" part of your description begs the question: Is the driver still on the gas on corner entry?
If so, you can't treat it like "normal" corner entry which implies off the gas and/or on the brake while turning left (which Brian's changes certainly will help with). This could be what has your head spinning.
Momentum type deals like you're talking about are usually responsive to soft RF spring with stiff rebound to keep load on the RF so that you can steer on the gas.
If that doesn't help, look at more upper right bar angle. This helps a bunch when you need to turn and hammer the gas at the same time.