PDA

View Full Version : What combo?

mod88s
04-04-2016, 12:17 PM
So what combo of stack spring works well on LR of crate car?? 250 over 200? any other good combos? How tall of springs and where can I purchase them? Have been looking around but not having much luck.. any insight would be great

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-04-2016, 01:12 PM
So what combo of stack spring works well on LR of crate car?? 250 over 200? any other good combos? How tall of springs and where can I purchase them? Have been looking around but not having much luck.. any insight would be great

Are we talking to achieve soft rate or a dual rate kind of deal? You need to make sure your bottom spring is long enough to keep the divider on the shock body. Then it is whatever you can fit on the shock.

mod88s
04-04-2016, 01:14 PM
So how tall of a bottom spring and top spring do I need for integra set up?

billetbirdcage
04-04-2016, 01:20 PM
So how tall of a bottom spring and top spring do I need for integra set up?

Again depends on the actual load on your coilover at ride hieght and combo of spring rates, but typically a 4" top and 10" bottom works in most situations and can go shorter on the lower spring or taller on the top spring, but like master said if you get too short on the bottom with too soft a rate and a lot of load at ride hieght the floater plate may try to come off the end of the shock body.

The 250/200 deal is just a 111.111 spring, so if your not doing a dual stage deal you can just use a 110# single spring if you have enough length and don't coil bind it depending on lengths available in that rate.

billetbirdcage
04-04-2016, 01:26 PM
If you doing a dual stage deal, the shorter top 4" spring can cause some issues with either coil binding or limits gap adjustments so a taller top spring is usually better if your going to run a top spring that is on the softer side. 4" usually isn't a problem with something in the 350 or above range but again depends on what you doing with the dual stage and if your using it typically or not typically.

a 10" lower spring works most of the time and will keep the floater plate on the shock body for a 9" stroke shock but shorter then that and you may have issues.

a25rjr
04-04-2016, 05:17 PM
We were able to squeeze in a 350/4 inch 150/12 inch on a blue rocket. It tightened up our entry and exit quite a bit. You will need the tool to turn the upper shock plate as its VERY difficult to set ride height.

Matt49
04-04-2016, 06:24 PM
This really helps also:
http://allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=1029

mod88s
04-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Looks like I will go 4" 350 top spring and 10" 200 spring. comes out to 127. adjust ride height with the stacker nut and then put a little preload in the 350 with the top adjuster nut. What can i expect from this setup vs a regular 200lb spring? Is it worth it or not? Also thinking about going to a 700/400 RF thats how it came with the car so yes the shock is tuned for that set up.. again,,,is it worth it? running a 350 on rf now Crate Car

Kromulous
04-05-2016, 12:03 PM
At the end of the day its still just a 127 lb spring on the LR, so generally it will be tighter all around.

My question is, does the preloading the spring change anything? if the spring is soft, and preloaded so its engaged thru out the travel, one would think that would have some sort of effect.

We just started working with the RF stack and so far we like it, it can create more drive, but some dont like corner entry with them, and can be a little quick.

mod88s
04-05-2016, 08:20 PM
MB told me if it pushes on throttle, start backing off the preload.