PDA

View Full Version : Spring rubbers

Rocket0108
04-14-2016, 10:45 PM
Ive started using spring rubbers on rr and rf any helpful ideas out there would greatly be appreciated.....like when and how to use them....i am starting with one on rf and adding as night goes on but not completely sure if thats right

RacerX10
04-15-2016, 07:50 AM
.i am starting with one on rf and adding as night goes on but not completely sure if thats right

That's the exact opposite of what I do :)

I have a spring rubber in the RF and pull it out when it starts getting slick.

DEKconsulting
04-15-2016, 10:27 AM
I start with 4 rubbers in my rf and start taking out

RCJ
04-16-2016, 08:57 AM
If it works for you then it's right.As the track goes from tacky to slick we always tighten the car.On a conventional set up a spring rubber would accomplish this.I've never tried a spring rubber on a bump set up, but it should work the same as stiffening the main spring.The main benefit to spring rubbers would be they are a quick and effective adjustment.

DEKconsulting
04-18-2016, 09:20 AM
Do u r saying that im freein up by taking them out? If so u are still on the old school way of thinking my friend

Rayburnt1
04-18-2016, 11:34 PM
DEK, do you feel the location or the rubbers or which one is removed first (top, bottom or middle) makes a difference or are they all the same reaction?

DEKconsulting
04-19-2016, 08:54 AM
I haven't tested that yet I've always started at the top and removed from there. But now I'm going to go to work tonite on the smasher

DEKconsulting
04-19-2016, 08:55 AM
I'll let u know my findings

DEKconsulting
04-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Well did some testing last nite and it makes very little difference where u start taking or have ur rubbers placed. The difference is between 5 to 18 lbs

Rayburnt1
04-21-2016, 12:43 AM
DEK, thanks for the feed back

CHUGG-A-LUG NUTZ
04-25-2016, 06:21 AM
Would I soften the RR spring and then add spring rubbers to compensate? The spring rubbers that I have found are medium and hard compounds. Which one do you recommend? Thanks

DEKconsulting
04-25-2016, 09:20 AM
It all depends on what ur trying to achieve Chugg.

zeroracing
06-19-2016, 09:14 PM
DEKconsulting, how are you keeping them in place, just zip tieing all around them? I had one shoot out in the shop on the spring machine, and even with 3 zip ties each they squirm, I am afraid during a race it may break some of the zip ties?

RacerX10
06-19-2016, 10:09 PM
DEKconsulting, how are you keeping them in place, just zip tieing all around them? I had one shoot out in the shop on the spring machine, and even with 3 zip ties each they squirm, I am afraid during a race it may break some of the zip ties?

Been running one on my RF for years .. never lost one. Did you get the right size for the coil distance ? It should fit fairly snug before you even get to the zip tie it in part.

zeroracing
06-19-2016, 10:15 PM
Yeah I bought it sized for the spring, they fit snug, it's when you get multiple stacked up that touch it wants to kick one out. I have ran a single before without issue but seems the interaction between multiple... Did not know if I was overly worrying about them.

RacerX10
06-20-2016, 08:54 AM
Yeah I bought it sized for the spring, they fit snug, it's when you get multiple stacked up that touch it wants to kick one out. I have ran a single before without issue but seems the interaction between multiple... Did not know if I was overly worrying about them.

Ah ok. Well that's an easy fix then .. keep an open coil or two between them.

Rocket0108
06-20-2016, 06:13 PM
After you get the zipper ties all in try some good ole duck tape it helps keep them secure snd tight

DEKconsulting
06-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Yea u need to keep a half a coil open betwwen them

billetbirdcage
06-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Zero it's probably the rubbers your using with your band of spring as my guess as for what ever reason they aren't compatible, because I've used something like a 200 to 250 packed completely full of rubbers (8 or so) where there is no coil gap exposed besides just a 1/2 coil at top or bottom and haven't experienced actuality pushing one out the side. I have loaded many all the way to 2800# or more on the smasher and racetrack and while like I have said before they are inconsistent due to not always aligning 100% and will change rates from one cycle to the other, I have never pushed one out.

Now granted on the track it would have a cover on it, which I'd imagine would sort of help that situation so some degree.