PDA

View Full Version : B-mod RR spring location

DMR29
04-16-2016, 08:59 AM
Does anyone have any input on moving rr spring from the top of the rear end to behind the axel? Was thinking about trying on our car just wanted to know any pros and cons if tried.

Lizardracing
04-16-2016, 11:47 PM
What kind of suspension?
4/4?
4/2
2/3 link?
truck arm?
hard tail?

DMR29
04-17-2016, 08:22 AM
Sorry thought the title said it guess there are multi suspensions on B-mods now. Have a USRA B-mod with 2-link soild pull bar and have a loose entry problem just wanted to know if anyone has moved the RR spring from on top housing to behind the housing and what effect it made.

Lizardracing
04-17-2016, 11:10 AM
Around here Bmods are Amods on 2v carbs so I had to ask.

Moving the RR spring to behind the axle will typically tightens off the throttle on entry and severely tighten on the throttle at mid corner. The axle wrap is loading the RR off throttle and loading the LR on the throttle.

Have you tried increasing the LF Spring? That would load the RR more off the gas tightening the car some but not effect the rest of the corner very much while on the throttle.

DMR29
04-17-2016, 05:51 PM
I hear you these things seem like 2-link Amods anymore. New car to us and the track is real slick and smooth and just looking at a few options. Haven't tried the LF spring,but have thought about it car turns in good and is just loose from there on out kind of feeling of too much gas pressure in the shocks car does not feel like it is in the surface just skidding on top if that makes sense.

Lizardracing
04-17-2016, 06:45 PM
I hear you these things seem like 2-link Amods anymore. New car to us and the track is real slick and smooth and just looking at a few options. Haven't tried the LF spring,but have thought about it car turns in good and is just loose from there on out kind of feeling of too much gas pressure in the shocks car does not feel like it is in the surface just skidding on top if that makes sense.

So your saying you need more side bite after picking up the throttle mid turn?

DMR29
04-17-2016, 07:18 PM
Yes just gets loose like lacking sidebite maybe a 4"offset on RR and just doesn't recover well like earlier feels like skating on top track.

bentfender
04-18-2016, 07:30 AM
on my USRA B mod when ever I get that skating it turns out im to tight on entry and I snap it loose and it skates the rest of the way through the corner just something to think about

DMR29
04-18-2016, 07:41 AM
Will look into that thank you.We took trail out to help and seems to lost drive if that makes sense so I think will go back to start specs and driving these things now is a lot different than they used to be. Maybe teaching old dogs new tricks!

Lizardracing
04-18-2016, 11:03 PM
Now I'm really confused because you said in the 1st post that it was loose on entry off throttle but your description sounded like its loose at mid corner on throttle. I might suggest you work on the entry first and when you get it perfect the rest of the corner will get much better then you can work on the middle and lastly, with entry and the middle great the exit will likely be awesome.

UltimateRaceCars
04-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Leave it on top of the housing and just drop your panhard bar on the rearend side to get more side bite.