PDA

View Full Version : Engine temperature suggestions

SaddleUpLock&Load
04-20-2016, 07:46 AM
Don't have a weather station. What are some things you guys will do to keep the engine running cooler. Example last weekend, cooler out, tacky motor eater, was out front but temp still was rising. Following night similar temps, but much less out of throttle , temp was good. Do you guys have go to jet changes or any other hints or tips? Thanks

RacerX10
04-20-2016, 07:51 AM
Biggest issue I see is people have their fan too far away from the radiator .. it needs to be 3/4" away or so, no more.

Also, I run the old GM 4 blade fan. I've never had a cooling problem with the combo of those two.

SaddleUpLock&Load
04-20-2016, 09:00 AM
Biggest issue I see is people have their fan too far away from the radiator .. it needs to be 3/4" away or so, no more.

Also, I run the old GM 4 blade fan. I've never had a cooling problem with the combo of those two.

Same set up as you. I just thought maybe it was jetting related.

RacerX10
04-20-2016, 09:02 AM
What are your temps ?

Dirtmod13
04-20-2016, 01:38 PM
Same set up as you. I just thought maybe it was jetting related.Could be jetting if you're running lean. Lean makes temps higher and is hard on motor. We usually jet the motor for the coolest nights and don't readjust, that way it's a little rich on hot muggy nights and should help cool it