PDA

View Full Version : Gateway tickets

superstock79
04-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Ticketmaster says no tickets r available. When r they planning on adding more tickets or what's going on with it?

jman1086
04-21-2016, 06:22 PM
There are no more 2 day tickets, you have to buy both days separate now.

superstock79
04-21-2016, 07:22 PM
It still has it listed on their website and ticketmaster as being available as an option

dirt crow
04-23-2016, 12:16 PM
If they don't open up the entire dome, upstairs and all for this, that tells me they're all dumb a$$es in charge and it ain't worth my time and money. I mean why wouldn't the whole place minus roped off seats for safety be open for sale already. Makes no sense.

dirt crow
04-23-2016, 12:20 PM
I wasn't even gonna order tickets. I didn't think they'd be no way it would sell out. I was at Bristol went they covered it. To me, Bristol was a bigger deal than this. Only 40k tickets sold for that. This dome is 65k or so, minus maybe 5k unavailable for safety? I don't get it.....

old fan
04-23-2016, 12:30 PM
the 2 day tickets were sold out I would say its a work in progress , some body smoking dope I just checked it and got a seat pronto

zyoung25
04-23-2016, 12:33 PM
It could be that 2nd party places have bought up all the remaining tickets, and are going to try to jack up the prices on them. It happens at every other sporting event and concert, I don't see how it couldn't happen here.

How many people on here have their tickets? I'm going with a guy that bought 6 plus mine. I know of no one else that has bought any. Whole deal sounds strange to me.

old fan
04-23-2016, 12:34 PM
wrong I just checked at got section 113 if I wanted it I know a racer that got pit reserved 8 minutes after they were start selling plus I talked to the man building the track yep its real

zyoung25
04-23-2016, 01:18 PM
wrong I just checked at got section 113 if I wanted it I know a racer that got pit reserved 8 minutes after they were start selling plus I talked to the man building the track yep its real

You mustve rode the short bus as a kid....I have already thrown money at this deal.myself. I never said anything about it not happening or not being real. You would've seen that if ya could actually comprehend what I posted.

old fan
04-23-2016, 01:25 PM
so why the b1TCHING or concern go and have fun if its bad you find another race that weekend

old fan
04-23-2016, 01:27 PM
could be that 2nd party places have bought up all the remaining tickets, and are going to try to jack up the prices on them. It happens at every other sporting event and concert, I don't see how it couldn't happen I think you fell off the short bus yesterday

zyoung25
04-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Again.....I wasn't complaining. I will be there. Learn to read. I was stating a fact.

Now go trip over another curb.

Another thread derailed by the great litey, all because he can't read. The only guy I can remember being on here that never has a point, but wants to argue about the point he never has.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Again.....I wasn't complaining. I will be there. Learn to read. I was stating a fact.

Now go trip over another curb.

Another thread derailed by the great litey, all because he can't read. The only guy I can remember being on here that never has a point, but wants to argue about the point he never has.Lol, I like it. Fine job Zach.

FourDeepInTheFluff
04-23-2016, 06:36 PM
I bought 8 tickets. As far as not opening up the whole place for seats there are two possible scenarios with this I have run into before. One being marketing. You can place sponsor banners in a massive open area. You can also make pictures to "look" like a sold out arena when you have every seat occupied close to each other. Its hard to do that with people sporadically placed throughout the arena. This is the same thing NASCAR does. Another reason is the clean up fees, I am under the impression that the "clean up crew" that cleans the dust off the seats is a seperate crew from those that clean up trash. I would imagine the promoters are charged accordingly for these cleanup fees. Basically you cover those open seats with a banner, if done properly will limit the clean up of dust. If you dont have anyone sitting in these seats you will not have trash to have to play the other cleanup crew to take care of... Im not saying this is a fact, but it is a possibility that I know has happened before at other venues/sports.

WisWildManFan
04-25-2016, 01:55 PM
So this is sold out?

Barbecueboy
04-25-2016, 02:09 PM
So this is sold out?

No.......not even close.

Creating false demand is one of the oldest marketing tricks in the book.......sorry folks.

I was interested in making the flight up in December.........now, not so much.

6 seats just became available

huskerdirt
04-25-2016, 02:41 PM
So this is sold out?

Just now I was able to go in and purchase tickets if I wanted too. For both Friday and Saturday as a separate transaction for each day. I also was able to do the two day pass.

I found nothing on the gateway sites on creating false demand saying it was sold out. If somebody is saying that it's 3rd party ticket broker. And it wouldn't surprise me at all. There job is to sell tickets at a marked up price to make money. That's not Gateways fault.

WisWildManFan
04-25-2016, 02:44 PM
We have a hotel but were waiting to buy tickets closer to the event... sounds like games are being played. You would think with an arena holding 67,000 you could walk up day of race and buy seats.

huskerdirt
04-25-2016, 02:47 PM
We have a hotel but were waiting to buy tickets closer to the event... sounds like games are being played. You would think with an arena holding 67,000 you could walk up day of race and buy seats.

You have the same strategy as me.

I'm not worried about tickets. There will be some available.

I'm confident no games are being played.

zyoung25
04-25-2016, 02:59 PM
I had to deal with this whole ticket deal awhile back, for the indy sx race. We normally buy ticket early in the year when they go on sale. This year we waited til 2 weeks before. Tickets are normally 40-60 if you buy them off of Feld, which are the race promoters. This time around Feld had nothing for sale, so we had to go another route. Tickets were 116 a piece after buying them off of some different joint.

Barbecueboy
04-25-2016, 05:00 PM

And you will be able to..........no problem.

Barbecueboy
04-25-2016, 05:11 PM
Just now I was able to go in and purchase tickets if I wanted too. For both Friday and Saturday as a separate transaction for each day. I also was able to do the two day pass.

I found nothing on the gateway sites on creating false demand saying it was sold out. If somebody is saying that it's 3rd party ticket broker. And it wouldn't surprise me at all. There job is to sell tickets at a marked up price to make money. That's not Gateways fault.
Actually there have been several very relevant posters on this site( that I know for a fact aren't 3rd party brokers) that have said they weren't able to order them to watch or pay to have an entry into the event because the maximum number of cars have already pre entered or that there are no seats left.

Hogwash on both accounts............I'm tired of hearing about it already........the field isn't maxxed out......the event isn't sold out and if they keep monkeying around with everybody the good thing they are working hard to achieve will be a very marginal one and done event.

I wish them well, but what's leaking out and the uncertainties of the information getting out is doing them more harm than good......I think most of us that actually go to the races will pass on how confident someone that doesn't go is when making our decisions.

huskerdirt
04-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Actually there have been several very relevant posters on this site( that I know for a fact aren't 3rd party brokers) that have said they weren't able to order them to watch or pay to have an entry into the event because the maximum number of cars have already pre entered or that there are no seats left.

Hogwash on both accounts............I'm tired of hearing about it already........the field isn't maxxed out......the event isn't sold out and if they keep monkeying around with everybody the good thing they are working hard to achieve will be a very marginal one and done event.

I wish them well, but what's leaking out and the uncertainties of the information getting out is doing them more harm than good......I think most of us that actually go to the races will pass on how confident someone that doesn't go is when making our decisions.

I was speaking of today.... As in this moment. So 3 days ago somebody wasn't able to purchase tickets. Could be several factors on why. Maybe there was an error on the website(those things happen). Maybe they had to open up more seats. Maybe a ticket broker tried to buy up the remaining tickets and caused a red flag so to speak. I don't know.

But what I do know is this...... The field is maxed out. Entries were capped at 250 and 150.

And you can buy tickets through the gateway site. That includes 2 day passes and 1 day passes.

What is it that's actually "leaking out"? Asking for a friend.

I like your attempted jab on me not going to races.... See we start alittle later up here. Been to 3 races in about 8 days. Considering there's only been about 5 so far this year. That's a pretty good number.

Barbecueboy
04-25-2016, 08:32 PM
I was speaking of today.... As in this moment. So 3 days ago somebody wasn't able to purchase tickets. Could be several factors on why. Maybe there was an error on the website(those things happen). Maybe they had to open up more seats. Maybe a ticket broker tried to buy up the remaining tickets and caused a red flag so to speak. I don't know.

But what I do know is this...... The field is maxed out. Entries were capped at 250 and 150.

And you can buy tickets through the gateway site. That includes 2 day passes and 1 day passes.

I like your attempted jab on me not going to races.... See we start alittle later up here. Been to 3 races in about 8 days. Considering there's only been about 5 so far this year. That's a pretty good number.

I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong........and it's not a jab husker, it's what people that actually like you say......sorry

Barbecueboy
04-25-2016, 08:36 PM

The field isn't maxxed out as of April 25,2016.........but nice job in perpetuating the false demand that you say isn't occurring.

huskerdirt
04-25-2016, 08:38 PM
I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong........and it's not a jab husker, it's what people that actually like you say......sorry

And who would those people be?

Here's a news flash...... 1. My life doesn't totally revolve around going to races every weekend for 9 months out of the year. 2. Where my I'm located doesn't allow for me to hit Florida or Arizona. If you wanna pay my way that would surely be fine with me. 2. There's a lot of people on here don't get to as many races as even I do. So why don't you call them out.

Barbecueboy
04-25-2016, 09:14 PM
And who would those people be?

Here's a news flash...... 1. My life doesn't totally revolve around going to races every weekend for 9 months out of the year. 2. Where my I'm located doesn't allow for me to hit Florida or Arizona. If you wanna pay my way that would surely be fine with me. 2. There's a lot of people on here don't get to as many races as even I do. So why don't you call them out.

Because they aren't you mcbride.........

huskerdirt
04-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Because they aren't you mcbride.........

Imagine that..... I aske a simple question and you can't answer the question.

Why don't you take your issue with me to a PM. I'll be waiting.

Barbecueboy
04-26-2016, 07:43 AM
Well I'm sure you won't be waiting at a racetrack.........instead of googling and Internet searching from the basement you should actually get out and go to some of these things instead of putting on heirs like you actually do.

No need for pms, let's just call it like we see it.

huskerdirt
04-26-2016, 11:26 AM
Well I'm sure you won't be waiting at a racetrack.........instead of googling and Internet searching from the basement you should actually get out and go to some of these things instead of putting on heirs like you actually do.

No need for pms, let's just call it like we see it.

Interesting that you can't even answer a simple question, but you think you know my life story pretty well.

I guess the big bad BBQ boy is too chicken sh!t to send a PM. He rather keep derailing a thread with personal attacks against someone he doesn't even know.

Sounds like a real winner in a society we got here.

Barbecueboy
04-26-2016, 04:08 PM
The simple question was answered in post 27 ...........

And you're right, don't know you personally.......but apparently some of the folks that do aren't exactly husker fans either, by the messages I get sometimes.

And fwiw, that pm stuff works both ways.......I'll respond privately.

huskerdirt
04-26-2016, 05:21 PM
The simple question was answered in post 27 ...........

And you're right, don't know you personally.......but apparently some of the folks that do aren't exactly husker fans either, by the messages I get sometimes.

And fwiw, that pm stuff works both ways.......I'll respond privately.

You answered a rhetorical question, idiot. And then danced around,when I asked "who those people might be?" in post 26. That's a pretty simple question. So what if people don't like me that know me outside this message board. It goes both ways. None of them have resorted to smudging on the internet like yourself. You seem to be very hell bent at keeping score in like/don't like department. And if I kept score you would be way out in front like Davenport in the hate department. This is the sentiment I get when I meet other members in PERSON. You are grade A a$$hole, who gets off on belittling people with your sarcasm. And someone makes a statement of fact and you don't agree with it, then they better be prepared for you and your fingers of fury behind keyboard.

J20in1st
04-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Imagine that..... I aske a simple question and you can't answer the question.

Why don't you take your issue with me to a PM. I'll be waiting.

I thought you said you wernt McBride????

J20in1st
04-26-2016, 05:37 PM
April 5th......We have started accepting waiting list entries as we have our full 150 Late Models and 250 Modifieds pre-entered already. Our registered teams and drivers represent 31 states and Canada...Thank you to the teams and drivers for the support for this event and all the registrations! Can't wait for December. #GatewayDirt

Hmmmmm looks sold out car wise.

Barbecueboy
04-26-2016, 07:05 PM
April 5th......We have started accepting waiting list entries as we have our full 150 Late Models and 250 Modifieds pre-entered already. Our registered teams and drivers represent 31 states and Canada...Thank you to the teams and drivers for the support for this event and all the registrations! Can't wait for December. #GatewayDirt

Hmmmmm looks sold out car wise.

Man I wish you luck............but putting your name on a list with no deposit, or entry fee leaves a lot of room to back out if things happen between now and then.

When the list is confirmed and everybody has paid up to the max entries then you can say the car entry list is sold out.........anybody and everybody that has a car and races could put their name on a list, but until it's paid for and your entry confirmed you haven't really sold anything..........all you have is a large list of people that show interest in coming........which in and of itself is a great start.

To say it's maxxed out sold out is a bit misleading.

Hell, husker could even enter his car and team.......oh, wait.

DEKconsulting
04-26-2016, 08:09 PM
Well barbecue u just got call out on dod

fryefan
04-26-2016, 08:18 PM

Do people actually believe the garbage he has been posting?

J20in1st
04-26-2016, 11:26 PM
Man I wish you luck............but putting your name on a list with no deposit, or entry fee leaves a lot of room to back out if things happen between now and then.

When the list is confirmed and everybody has paid up to the max entries then you can say the car entry list is sold out.........anybody and everybody that has a car and races could put their name on a list, but until it's paid for and your entry confirmed you haven't really sold anything..........all you have is a large list of people that show interest in coming........which in and of itself is a great start.

To say it's maxxed out sold out is a bit misleading.

Hell, husker could even enter his car and team.......oh, wait.

Registration required payment. What ya got now?

J20in1st
04-26-2016, 11:30 PM

What was the call?

old fan
04-27-2016, 06:03 AM
that ole bbq was wrong

Barbecueboy
04-27-2016, 07:00 AM
that ole bbq was wrong

Wonder if he will do what he said he would if proven wrong on the maxxed out field?

Highside Hustler25
04-27-2016, 07:05 AM
Registration required payment. What ya got now?

Not for everyone

old fan
04-27-2016, 07:08 AM
breathe in it will be alright

J20in1st
04-27-2016, 07:13 AM
Not for everyone

Just going by what the site said. Payment with registration and no refunds after May 1st

Barbecueboy
04-27-2016, 07:33 AM
Doesn't sound confusing at all does it.............I'm going with the experts assessment.

Josh Bayko
04-27-2016, 07:42 AM
Even if all the entry spots are sold out, you have a better chance of seeing God twerking for tips in front of the dome than you do all of them showing up. It's like that at every race that has pre-entries.

Barbecueboy
04-27-2016, 07:49 AM
Now that's a visual I won't soon be able to forget........dam Josh.

Again, very difficult for me to believe that the thing maxxed out in such a short period........but , according to the smart guys that have actually seen it, the entire list is full.

I'm going with that info as the gospel , and looks and sounds like everyone else should too.

Josh Bayko
04-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Now that's a visual I won't soon be able to forget........dam Josh.

Again, very difficult for me to believe that the thing maxxed out in such a short period........but , according to the smart guys that have actually seen it, the entire list is full.

I'm going with that info as the gospel , and looks and sounds like everyone else should too.

I hope that race is a huge success.

The big problem I see with it is that the race will never live up to the hype. It won't even get close.

zach51
04-27-2016, 08:04 AM
If they pull this off, get 400 cars, sell out the seats, and get positive reviews from at least 10 of the 400 teams, the promoter/creator of this deal needs to go run Nascar, or heck even be elected President of the United States.

Barbecueboy
04-27-2016, 08:39 AM
I hope that race is a huge success.

The big problem I see with it is that the race will never live up to the hype. It won't even get close.

My sentiments exactly...........well executed hype is what gets people to the show, a good product is what keeps them there and brings them back for more.

I hope they pack the place.

Not exactly the way I would have done the initial marketing plan for it, but it's also not my money I'm putting up or my ballz on the chopping block.

The promoter is a smart guy and doesn't mind taking a risk, and for that alone should be applauded for what he is trying to pull off.

J20in1st
04-27-2016, 09:16 AM
This is 1 I bought 1 night of tickets, if it's a good show I'll buy the next night at the door. If it sucks to the bar I go!

WisWildManFan
04-27-2016, 10:31 AM
Sure hope ventilation has been looked at in detail... they will putting out some serious fumes compared to the midgets.

Barbecueboy
04-27-2016, 11:09 AM
Sure hope ventilation has been looked at in detail... they will putting out some serious fumes compared to the midgets.

Wonder if the facility has some sort of additional cleanup charge after the event is over?....obviously they will remove the dirt from the floor of the arena, wondering more about the dust that will get blown all over as well as what may get get sucked up into the ventilation system filters etc.......anybody have any insight on it?

zach51
04-27-2016, 11:15 AM
BBQ, we aren't allowed to wonder anymore. And you know who will have insight on it......... old ventilator fan. He was an engineer before he quit the Navy Seals and went to work for Lucas Oil and Microsoft. Lest not forget his current stint at the St. Louis Chamber of Commerce, advising the marketing committee.

WisWildManFan
04-27-2016, 11:30 AM
Wonder if the facility has some sort of additional cleanup charge after the event is over?....obviously they will remove the dirt from the floor of the arena, wondering more about the dust that will get blown all over as well as what may get get sucked up into the ventilation system filters etc.......anybody have any insight on it? At least they have a while to clean it up, I remember seeing pics from pacers game a few days after midgets and the seats were still covered in dust lol.

Mud Packer
04-27-2016, 12:52 PM
I would find it hard to believe that the dome would have an adequate ventilation system due to the fact that it was built for football not auto racing. Auto racing would demand a higher ratio of air changes per minute compared to a football game. The dust would be bad enough but the fumes would be what I would be more concerned.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised at all if sometime during the racing action the fire department would come in and shut it down until the ventilation system can recoup and remove the fumes from the building. Another problem would be the dome itself. You can't just prop doors open to help with ventilation either.

Say for instance the crowd is somewhere in the 50,000 range or so. Much of the ventilation system would be used up just for that type of crowd alone. Add in dust and fumes.................well you see the issue.

Only time will tell.

TerryM
04-27-2016, 01:02 PM
And you know who will have insight on it......... old ventilator fan. He was an engineer before he quit the Navy Seals and went to work for Lucas Oil and Microsoft. Lest not forget his current stint at the St. Louis Chamber of Commerce, advising the marketing committee.
LOL ... This, Sir, is one of the great posts in 4m history. Kudos.

zach51
04-27-2016, 01:04 PM
They've stopped the Chili Bowl, Shootout, and last years "Indy Invitational" because of carbon monoxide levels. Granted this dome has more loft but still, could be an issue. Good post Mud Packer.

Mud Packer
04-27-2016, 01:20 PM
I personally hope that it comes off without a hitch. However, common sense tells me that it won't. If, and I'm only going on what has been announced, the maximum number of race cars has been reached plus adding in some other additional vehicles (wreckers, push trucks, ambulances, etc) the carbon monoxide levels will be reached and exceeded without additional ventilation equipment in place.

I doubt they would go to the expense of adding additional equipment to the facility for a one time deal. Again, I hope I'm wrong and it is an instant success.