PDA

View Full Version : take offs

Flyin Iowan
04-27-2016, 09:00 AM
spinning tires bad on starts/restarts. What is a list of anything that could be binding on causing. ive checked shocks/slider, drive shaft, pull bar, pull bar shock, birdcages. is there anything else that could be binding. is it possible to pull the LR tire off ground on a restart? i think i am at race speed but not sure if it will do it on restarts

RCJ
04-27-2016, 11:46 AM
On our l/m getting the car up on the bars and getting heat and keeping heat in the tires is very important.Getting a straight run, if possible, helps too.I've heard of people using retard boxes.

Lizardracing
04-27-2016, 02:26 PM
More gear and throttle control is all I got!

powerslide
04-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Open or crate motor? You are lower rpm on restarts than a normal turn especially if someone is trying to bunch the field up. Had one group that started the race at 2k. Motor doesn't even start pulling until 4 really and if you have a dip or spike in the curve wheels will be a spinning. How much drop are you running if you are worried about pulling the lr up?

Flyin Iowan
04-28-2016, 07:01 AM
its a crate. i do run a taller gear because i dont like the way the motor feels on the chip. not a lot of drop, but the top left bar has 47 or more angle