PDA

View Full Version : Simpson Hybrid Sport Head and Neck Restraint

Swartz52
05-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Has anyone used one of these in a DLM? If so, what did you think? I planning on ordering one for this season but wanted to get some opinions on this particular model.

Thanks

Punisher88
05-02-2016, 07:52 PM
I have one and feel naked without it now. I love it. I did have to trim the left side of my head rest on my containment seat so I could exit easily with my helmet and restraint still on.

riddle28
05-03-2016, 06:25 AM
i just bought one and ran it one race. ive used a hans about 8 years before that and i had gotten used to it. the hybrid is less noticeable when in the car, the only thing i dont like is how hard the tethers are to hook up with a containment seat. it seems to have a wider range of motion tho

TheJet-09
05-03-2016, 07:54 AM
It's the only neck restraint I've ever used as they weren't around when I did the bulk of my racing (we only had those foam donuts back then). I like it, or have at least gotten very used to it. Wouldn't even consider racing without it now. I agree the tethers can be a pain, especially when you futz with it for what seems like forever, only to realize you missed the clasp (or whatever it is called on the helmet side) and have to start over. I like that you use standard belts with it (I believe a HANS needs special belts that are narrowed down).

Lizardracing
05-03-2016, 10:00 AM
I race with a HANS and use standard 3" belts. Web site even says it's ok.

I raced with the donut for a long time until local tracks rules changed so I bought a Hans and used it a few times. Do you guys have issues with the cold air going right down your back? I mean at 120MPH and 45 degrees at night it's a little uncomfortable.

7uptruckracer
05-03-2016, 10:56 AM
The 3" Belts on a Hans don't sit right they bunch and its hard to get the belts as tight, I switched to 3 to 2 belts for my Hans and it is much much better. The Simpson is good as well I would not hesitate to use either. I like my hans

Lizardracing
05-03-2016, 04:42 PM
I haven't got that issue. My belts lay between the edges very nicely. Non too much room though. I wonder if there was design change or something along the way.

Swartz52
05-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Good luck this season.

zeroracing
05-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Lizard, I use a blaclova, head sock, and a neck sock that goes from the helmet down. Two layers of fire protection.