PDA

View Full Version : colonial vs. appalachian speedweek

WVRACEFAN
05-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Since these 2 series are running on the same dates, what tour will get the bigger car counts, since the majority of the fields will be pulling from the same pool of drivers. I know the ultimate series regulars will follow the colonial. But what tour will the local/regional drivers follow? Can 2 tours work in the same region?

W2Racing09
05-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Since these 2 series are running on the same dates, what tour will get the bigger car counts, since the majority of the fields will be pulling from the same pool of drivers. I know the ultimate series regulars will follow the colonial. But what tour will the local/regional drivers follow? Can 2 tours work in the same region?

It is obviously not a good thing for either tour, but in my opinion the AMS will have bigger car counts (in some cases by a lot) but the Ultimate will have more of the Regional/National guys while the AMS will be comprised of mostly Local and some Regional guys.

Thanks,
Jeff.

WVRACEFAN
05-04-2016, 10:50 AM
I like the idea of the colonial tour, but in defense of Appalachian tour they have had the schedule out & have been advertising it for months. The colonial promoters & tracks knew this & scheduled right on top of them.they're not only making drivers decide, but also now the traveling fans will have to choose. Where as if they would've put more thought & planning into the colonial tour I think both tours would've have great car & fan counts.

UMPDream
05-04-2016, 11:44 AM
I like the idea of the colonial tour, but in defense of Appalachian tour they have had the schedule out & have been advertising it for months. The colonial promoters & tracks knew this & scheduled right on top of them.they're not only making drivers decide, but also now the traveling fans will have to choose. Where as if they would've put more thought & planning into the colonial tour I think both tours would've have great car & fan counts.

Tired of it raining. Last year, almost the entire AMS tour was rained out. For those who dont want to race at Path, they will head to Winchester. On another note, at least both are Time Trial events. Either event is better than the dreaded pill draw.

PennDirt
05-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Well, Kelley did announce the 2016 Colonial dates back in Nov. 2015 so then we have to revert back to the classic "well, the AMS was here first" thing.

While those two promoters stand at the racing promoter urinals and measure each others racing promoter d1cks over this key date thing, I would just as soon, at this point, Superdirt (UFO) or Zuver (ULMS) create a true PENNSYLVANIA Speed Week (independent points system not tied to their series) during a calendar time that makes sense and doesn't interfere with graduation dates or the Dream and doesn't overlap with anything else and does race at 7 different tracks in 7 nights and be done with it. If it rains, tough beans. On to the next track.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Well, Kelley did announce the 2016 Colonial dates back in Nov. 2015 so then we have to revert back to the classic "well, the AMS was here first" thing.

While those two promoters stand at the racing promoter urinals and measure each others racing promoter d1cks over this key date thing, I would just as soon, at this point, Superdirt (UFO) or Zuver (ULMS) create a true PENNSYLVANIA Speed Week (independent points system not tied to their series) during a calendar time that makes sense and doesn't interfere with graduation dates or the Dream and doesn't overlap with anything else and does race at 7 different tracks in 7 nights and be done with it. If it rains, tough beans. On to the next track.Good post Penn. I like the pecker measuring reference.;)

Russell W
05-05-2016, 07:58 AM
I think colonial will do significantly better over the 4 day stretch compared to the speedweeks. You have 3 5k to win races and a 20k plus point fund for the 4 race stretch. It also gives guys like satterlee, stone and company the freedom to leave and go to Eldora for the dream and still get points money Guys who I THINK will run colonial over speedweeks are Jason covert, Dale Hollidge, Kenny Moreland, Jamie lathroum, Kenny Pettyjohn, Gregg satterlee, Dan stone, Kyle Hardy, Austin Hubbard, Mason Zeigler ( unless he is driving the 43a), Along with some of the other Delaware drivers

Russell W
05-05-2016, 08:05 AM
With the WOO off you might even get a few visits from eckert or Richards at some of races that weekend. Good money for either series within a few hours of both of them

W2Racing09
05-05-2016, 09:06 AM
I think colonial will do significantly better over the 4 day stretch compared to the speedweeks. You have 3 5k to win races and a 20k plus point fund for the 4 race stretch. It also gives guys like satterlee, stone and company the freedom to leave and go to Eldora for the dream and still get points money Guys who I THINK will run colonial over speedweeks are Jason covert, Dale Hollidge, Kenny Moreland, Jamie lathroum, Kenny Pettyjohn, Gregg satterlee, Dan stone, Kyle Hardy, Austin Hubbard, Mason Zeigler ( unless he is driving the 43a), Along with some of the other Delaware drivers

I think above is pretty accurate - I could see Lathroum going either way. He is a staple on AMS and MBH has a big presence there. Dan Stone I think will run the AMS series as well.

I think the car count for the AMS will be better simply because of all the local drivers like Rine, Lupfer, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son, Frye, Baer, Lawler, Yoder, Yoder, Haus, Jackson, Deese, Fitzgerald, Winters, Bernheisel, Bernheisel, Cosner, Kann, Troutman, Hollenbeck, Swindell, Sponaugle, Wilson, Wilson, Myers, Clise, Singleton, Wampler, Knaub, Parks, Mattern, Snyder, Friese, etc.

There are a lot of local guys who will support AMS, they might not all be the biggest area names like Satterlee, Covert, and Ziegler, but none the less they are solid drivers and will put on one hell of a show.

Thanks,
Jeff.

jlacey
05-05-2016, 10:55 AM
I think theres like 13 more Yoders

Josh Bayko
05-05-2016, 10:58 AM
I think theres like 13 more Yoders

Lol. Certainly seems that way.

jlacey
05-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Lol. Certainly seems that way.

Use to be that way with the Billets. Now I think theres only 1 or 2 still around racing