PDA

View Full Version : Who is replacing Paul Wilmoth as driver for Eric Hudkins racing?

WVdirtguy1
05-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Who is replacing Paul as driver or is Hudkins going to sale everything?

whitey2r
05-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Mike Benedum would be my guess. Been in the car since Hudkins and Wilmoth split. Gonna be in the car this weekend.

WVdirtguy1
05-04-2016, 03:18 PM
I wondered if he may be a short term fill in. It doesn't appear they are going to continue running the woo tour at least they haven't the past couple shows. Where are they running this week?

Pennsboro23
05-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Where are they running this week? I assume Tyler County? I know they're doing Atomic for the Buckeye Nationals next weekend.

00Hdmn
05-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Who is replacing Paul as driver or is Hudkins going to sale everything?

If the man was smart he would sell the Bloomquist stuff, get either Longhorns or Rockets they are basically the same now and put the Hawkins Brothers in the cars and he will get the results he wants!!! I guarantee these results

Pennsboro23
05-04-2016, 03:33 PM
If the man was smart he would sell the Bloomquist stuff, get either Longhorns or Rockets they are basically the same now and put the Hawkins Brothers in the cars and he will get the results he wants!!! I guarantee these results

Agreed x 1000000. Those boys are wheel men, and would be competitive anywhere, especially around the MOV.

WVdirtguy1
05-04-2016, 03:36 PM
yea I have wondered why Wilmoth quit the Rockets when he had so much success in them.

WVRACEFAN
05-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Hawkins would put that car in the front, me & my buddy been talking about that past couple weeks. I like benedum & wilmoth but they are past they're prime.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-04-2016, 05:45 PM
If the man was smart he would sell the Bloomquist stuff, get either Longhorns or Rockets they are basically the same now and put the Hawkins Brothers in the cars and he will get the results he wants!!! I guarantee these resultsThe problem ain't the cars now, he needs a driver. If he gets a good driver and runs like sh!t, then could be the case. But if Landers can run the most consistent he ever has, that's saying something.

00Hdmn
05-05-2016, 09:01 AM
The problem ain't the cars now, he needs a driver. If he gets a good driver and runs like sh!t, then could be the case. But if Landers can run the most consistent he ever has, that's saying something.

Landers has brought Bloomer a ton of Backing which I am sure has lead Bloomer to help Landers a ton more than he would anyone else. CPS and Mark Martin came from Landers. I don't doubt that with the right help the Hawkins brothers could drive those cars too, they are true racers!!!!

BIGSTEVE00
05-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Mike Benedum drove it at Atomic a couple weekends ago. He was driving the wheels off the car. Hope to see him get that ride. Always a tough competitor where ever he goes.

Josh Bayko
05-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Looks to me like Benedum is the driver. I mean, he's been the driver since Wiltmoth didn't work out.

Pennsboro23
05-05-2016, 11:07 AM
There's rumors Benedum is the driver until Hudkins finds a permanent driver, which is supposedly a bigger named driver.

Josh Bayko
05-05-2016, 11:09 AM
There's rumors Benedum is the driver until Hudkins finds a permanent driver, which is supposedly a bigger named driver.

I think it'd be cool if he tabbed Tim Fuller as the driver and brought him back to late models.

Pennsboro23
05-05-2016, 11:13 AM
I think it'd be cool if he tabbed Tim Fuller as the driver and brought him back to late models.

I still want it to be Jared Hawkins but Fuller would be an excellent choice.

Josh Bayko
05-05-2016, 11:49 AM
I still want it to be Jared Hawkins but Fuller would be an excellent choice.

I'd love to see Jared Hawkins in the car too. Jared Miley would be cool, too.

Harper00HFan
05-05-2016, 08:40 PM
John Blankenship would be the hot shoe

Josh Bayko
05-05-2016, 08:57 PM
That's as good a choice as any, but it's gonna take some time to knock the rust off.

zyoung25
05-05-2016, 09:30 PM
John Blankenship would be the hot shoe

Perfect pick for that car. I had kinda forgotten about him.

Davey J is on the sidelines too, he would be a step up from Wilmoth and Benedum. I don't see him being a serious contender at the national level anymore though if that's what Hudkins is looking for. Stranger things have happen though.

Benedum is pretty well known, I don't know who would be a "bigger" name.

Whoever he puts in the car. They need to race around here in PA/OH/WV area before they decide to go hit the road.

Pennsboro23
05-05-2016, 09:51 PM

Davey J is on the sidelines too, he would be a step up from Wilmoth and Benedum. I don't see him being a serious contender at the national level anymore though if that's what Hudkins is looking for. Stranger things have happen though.

Whoever he puts in the car. They need to race around here in PA/OH/WV area before they decide to go hit the road.

The guys you mentioned above are bigger names than Mike Benedum. No knock on Benedum, but he's not Davey J, Blankenship, etc.. I've just heard that it's someone of that caliber.

Josh Bayko
05-05-2016, 09:53 PM
What about Steve Shaver? Does he even want to drive anymore? How about Bart Hartman?

zyoung25
05-06-2016, 12:12 AM
What about Steve Shaver? Does he even want to drive anymore? How about Bart Hartman?

Shaver is another one that came to mind as well, after i seen Blankenships name. He drove Malcuits car in '14 at dtwc, and hasn't been heard from since.

Hartman, I'd love to see in a car again. The last I knew he was elbows deep in his job and had no time to race.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-06-2016, 06:07 AM
Shaver is another one that came to mind as well, after i seen Blankenships name. He drove Malcuits car in '14 at dtwc, and hasn't been heard from since.

Hartman, I'd love to see in a car again. The last I knew he was elbows deep in his job and had no time to race.Bart is on the pipelines. He travels throughout Ohio, WVa, and Pa. Usually runs a trackhoe I believe. He was on the Buckeye Lake clean up for awhile till the pipelines fired up again. Just imagine the guys who have no idea how dam good he was. Yes I'd like to see him run again too. I think he still has a mod with 2 Brothers whenever he wants to run it. If you look at their site, you used to be able to see it.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-06-2016, 06:09 AM

Whoever he puts in the car. They need to race around here in PA/OH/WV area before they decide to go hit the road.Davey J is a good choice, I just think his commitment, dedication, is pretty close to zero. Talent, I think he still has it.

Josh Bayko
05-06-2016, 06:40 AM
Davey J is a good choice, I just think his commitment, dedication, is pretty close to zero. Talent, I think he still has it.

Davey J won both a Lucas and WoO race just a couple years ago. He's got the talent, and in the right equipment he's still very good. But you're right about the commitment, I don't think he's run anything resembling a full season since he was driving for Beitler.

Josh Bayko
05-06-2016, 06:43 AM
Also, Bart Hartman still keeps his website for some reason. It doesn't have much on it right now, but that leads me to believe he's totally going to be racing again someday.

zyoung25
05-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Davey J is a good choice, I just think his commitment, dedication, is pretty close to zero. Talent, I think he still has it.

I know he still has the talent, but like you say, his off track issues is what has seemed to hold him back. If he went at it like he did the old rocket house car ride, we would be seeing the old JUICE again. I'd really like to see that.

BIGSTEVE00
05-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Jared Hawkins would be a great choice. I'd also love to see John Blankenship get a ride, I miss him on the track. I'd also love to see Showtime Steve Shaver make a comeback.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-06-2016, 01:25 PM
I know he still has the talent, but like you say, his off track issues is what has seemed to hold him back. If he went at it like he did the old rocket house car ride, we would be seeing the old JUICE again. I'd really like to see that.Yeah, definitely. I wasn't even trying to say you thought differently. I believe he's kinda in the Hartman mode too, only it's tugboats.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Davey J won both a Lucas and WoO race just a couple years ago. He's got the talent, and in the right equipment he's still very good. But you're right about the commitment, I don't think he's run anything resembling a full season since he was driving for Beitler.Yeah, I was surprised he did, but glad too. Just think if he'd stay in the same chassis, and race more.

Josh Bayko
05-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I was surprised he did, but glad too. Just think if he'd stay in the same chassis, and race more.

He wins in Rockets. Then switches to something else for whatever reason, is fast for a night or two. Then he disappears. Then comes back in yet another Rocket, and starts the whole process over again. It's like, Just. Stay. In. Rockets.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-06-2016, 09:16 PM
He wins in Rockets. Then switches to something else for whatever reason, is fast for a night or two. Then he disappears. Then comes back in yet another Rocket, and starts the whole process over again. It's like, Just. Stay. In. Rockets.Yeah, I don't know why he switches so much. He is good and a veteran, but changes chassis like a rookie trying to find his way. Ole Davey definitely has too much $$$$. But hey, his daughter is hot, so I'm guessing mama was too;).

jlacey
05-06-2016, 09:27 PM
All 3 would be good IMO, those 3 (Shaver, Davey J and Bart) were some of the 1st "big name" drivers i ever saw in person at a STARS race at Potomac years ago. I always liked Shaver so hed be my 1st pick out of those 3 but it would be good to see any of em

zyoung25
07-31-2016, 10:42 AM
I seen Jared Hawkins won at Tyler last night in this car....awesome choice Mr.Hudkins!

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2016, 12:12 PM
I seen Jared Hawkins won at Tyler last night in this car....awesome choice Mr.Hudkins!Good deal, I agree.

zyoung25
07-31-2016, 07:53 PM
Benedum was in it at brushcreek tonight, I'm a lil confused.

Pennsboro23
07-31-2016, 08:36 PM
Benedum was in it at brushcreek tonight, I'm a lil confused.

Hawkins drove the back up car at Tyler. Lets hope he gets more races in it.

00Hdmn
08-01-2016, 08:29 AM
Hawkins drove the back up car at Tyler. Lets hope he gets more races in it.

They couldn't get a better wheel man. Hope they get him in that car for a full season next year.

WVRACEFAN
08-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Looks like Hawkins is going to run it at Virginia motor this week

Pennsboro23
08-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Looks like Hawkins is going to run it at Virginia motor this week

Hope he has a good showing.

keith94elliott
08-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Is Austin still wrenching on the cars?

dirtdobber45
08-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I don't know why he switches so much. He is good and a veteran, but changes chassis like a rookie trying to find his way. Ole Davey definitely has too much $$$$. But hey, his daughter is hot, so I'm guessing mama was too;).Watch out man...the 4m offenders club will whine about you talking about someones daughter...lmao

Centeroff
08-03-2016, 09:49 PM
I always thought a big team would look at Chris Meadows 33 out of Beckley wv. Young man can wheel one. He reminds me a lot of Pierce. Always wtf open. Seen him have the Fastrak world title locked up for 23000$ bonus included when Umberger came back on the track several laps down and destroy the 33 car. Umberger was lucky to make it out of Beckley in one piece.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 10:11 PM
I always thought a big team would look at Chris Meadows 33 out of Beckley wv. Young man can wheel one. He reminds me a lot of Pierce. Always wtf open. Seen him have the Fastrak world title locked up for 23000$ bonus included when Umberger came back on the track several laps down and destroy the 33 car. Umberger was lucky to make it out of Beckley in one piece.

those meadows fellers are some good guys........and your assessment of the talent there is spot on.

zyoung25
08-21-2016, 01:46 AM
I seen Hawkins won again at Tyler. Why is it the team travels with Mike and not Jared? I realize Jared is whipping up on the locals, pretty sure he's beating Mike too. No knock to Mike, it just seems Jared would fair better at these bigger races.

As far a Austin, I haven't seen him with them all year. I haven't even seen him at the track all year, which is strange.

Pennsboro23
08-21-2016, 10:44 AM
I seen Hawkins won again at Tyler. Why is it the team travels with Mike and not Jared? I realize Jared is whipping up on the locals, pretty sure he's beating Mike too. No knock to Mike, it just seems Jared would fair better at these bigger races.

As far a Austin, I haven't seen him with them all year. I haven't even seen him at the track all year, which is strange.

The car owner asked Jared to run the north south last week but Jared already had planned vacation. I would assume, it's big shows from here on out. He best Tim Dohm, Zeigler, and others last night.

Josh Bayko
08-22-2016, 10:21 AM
I didn't think a Bloomer car would fit Jared's driving style all that well. I was wrong. He was bad fast in it on Saturday.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-22-2016, 10:41 AM
I didn't think a Bloomer car would fit Jared's driving style all that well. I was wrong. He was bad fast in it on Saturday.

Must have used the Landers setup.

mountaiman11
08-22-2016, 11:35 AM
those meadows fellers are some good guys........and your assessment of the talent there is spot on. Didn't Chris's dad Joe Meadows drive for Tim Logan Racing at one time?

Centeroff
08-22-2016, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure about that? I remember he drove for a local millionaire named jack Williams at one point and ran top 5 in the world 100. Smokin Joe could wheel one with the best of them but he just didn't have the funds to tear his equipment up and have it ready in a week. Joe won some big races in the 80s and 90s, smooths as they get. I know for a fact Chris turned down that Rumley ride at one point, not because he doubted the equipment but he is from the real world. He has to work 5 days a week to pay his bills. He is in a family owned 2016 xr1 rocket and is flying everywhere he goes. I look or at least hope he shows up at the Hillbilly. For those that don't know him? They will once they see him make a few laps. I watched him at Princeton a week or two ago and he was driving so deep in the corners it was scaring me. Kid has guts and can keep a car in one piece