PDA

View Full Version : Chop saw blade

a25rjr
05-04-2016, 07:20 PM
I wanna put a metal cutting blade on my dewalt chop saw, but when I look them up, it says for steel only. Is there one for steel and aluminum? If so, what brand do yall use? The ones Im looking at are about $100 so I don't want to buy the wrong one.

rakracing
05-04-2016, 08:29 PM
steel blade should be fine to cut any metal, theres usually a stone or masonary or steel or ductile iron choices, I use the steel for everything except stone stuff, don't remember paying that much for blades though. are you using a fiber type wheel or a metal tooth type.

a25rjr
05-04-2016, 08:59 PM
steel blade should be fine to cut any metal, theres usually a stone or masonary or steel or ductile iron choices, I use the steel for everything except stone stuff, don't remember paying that much for blades though. are you using a fiber type wheel or a metal tooth type.

Im using a fiber(abrasive) now, but I want a metal one. What brand are you using?

rakracing
05-04-2016, 09:19 PM
I always used the fibers weather for my chop saw or gas saw, use a diamond wheel for concrete, ive seen the ones with teeth but never used, I think you need low rpm and cooling for them. I do have a fire rescue blade for my gas saw that we'll pretty much cut anything

MBR Performance
05-04-2016, 11:21 PM
If you are cutting steel with a tooth blade you need to clamp it very tight so it doesn't move because if it does you knock the carbide tips off. For cutting aluminum get a60 or 80 tooth carbide blade and it'll work just fine.

Krooser
05-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Can you cut steel with a hi-speed steel blade? I thought those were for low speed cold saws...

a25rjr
05-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Can you cut steel with a hi-speed steel blade? I thought those were for low speed cold saws...

Yes, if you use a high speed saw like a miter saw. If you look on the blade it will tell you max rpm. If its for a chop saw it will have to be a lo-speed blade.

Im gonna try the Evolution Rage blade for my chop saw. Its a good multi-purpose blade inc wood.

a25rjr
05-12-2016, 07:02 PM
you need a different saw

Ive used a evolution rage saw for about 8 years now.

I use a oshlun 80 tooth blade 67 bucks on ebay.

You don't like evolutions blades?

Whats different about their blades, everyone online said you have to buy an adapter?

talclipse
05-18-2016, 04:05 AM
I went with the beileigh 225M cold saw. It's not as fast cutting as the dewalt chop saw's we used in the past, but the cut ends are true and allow for final assembly with minimal cleanup. Not to mention there is a LOT less dust and debris in the air.

Like others have said if you are planning on getting away from the abrasive cutting blades you will need a low speed high torque saw.