PDA

View Full Version : Changing of the guard??

Hollis
05-08-2016, 09:27 AM
It would appear that The Changing of the Guard is taking place. Bobby Pierce and Brandon Sheppard appear to be sitting on the top rung of Illinois racing at this time. Shannon Babb and Dennis ERB are in their rear view mirror no longer the top drivers in Illinois. Not a slam just the way things are???.

golddirt
05-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Really? Granted babb seems out to lunch recently but you know he will get it tuned soon and erb? The man is still running towRds the front. Everyone goes thru slumps as will Bobby and Brandon

zyoung25
05-08-2016, 10:25 AM
I don't think most fans understand what having a kid does to a driver in Babbs case. I don't know myself what that is like, but I'd imagine it takes a lot of time away from things you used to do .

I don't think Erb has been terrible this year either.

kidrock
05-08-2016, 10:34 AM
I understand what Hollis is saying and yes at some point that will happen it's called life. The last couple of years Shannon has cut back his schedule plus within that same time frame he has run 2 or 3 different chassis brands so, with those two things plus the bad luck he has had so far this year I can see where he is saying that about Shannon but make no mistake Shannon is still one of the best in the sate of Illinois. Dennis on the other hand has been right there contending for a few wins so far this year so, he really still got it so, I think it's still to early to call for the changing of the guard but, definitely knocking on the door

turnleftandgasit
05-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Natural progression would be a better definition. Two hired young guns on fresh ponies are hard to beat. The first half of this race, before the Feger flip, was all about which HoF'er was gonna win.

turnleftandgasit
05-08-2016, 10:50 AM
What the video doesn't show is EPJ checked out like Superman, with Moyer in distant tow. EPJ lost his line in traffic, and was back to being human.

t4g2
05-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Wishful thinking as Babb went from 16th to 6th. So I won't call that a bad night by any means then the dirty pass pierce put on Sheppard to get around him. One day he will be getting it back as karma that is.

Dante Toledo, OH
05-08-2016, 11:34 AM
I think you could make a pretty good case for Brian Shirley having the best year of the Illinois guys. But all of them are really good.

cdustyr1
05-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Babb was headed to the front until Feger cut off his grove, spend a lot of laps trying to get around him. And Erb was battling in top three most the race.