PDA

View Full Version : Lasalle summernationals

dirttalker
05-09-2016, 04:31 PM
When are they going to announce the new date?

pierceFAN
05-09-2016, 04:59 PM
What happened to the June 30th date?

turnleftandgasit
05-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Putting dirt on Rockford and running WoO sprints one night and LMs the next. Tony gave up his night for the cause, and a favor to be named later.

Highside Hustler25
05-09-2016, 05:13 PM
as far as I've heard, it's still June 30

turnleftandgasit
05-09-2016, 05:21 PM
In the DoD article, they addressed the schedule conflict by saying LaSalle would be rescheduled.

TheJet-09
05-09-2016, 05:40 PM
I didn't understand why their date was moved up in the first place. It's always been much closer to the 4th of July. The 4th is open so they could maybe move it to that night...could mean a better crowd anyway. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what plays out. The WoO regulars would have to go to Rockford, but what about the likes of Pierce, etc who are running for the SN title (assuming he does)? I am literally smack dab in the middle (distance wise) from the two tracks. I certainly want to see the sprints but if forced to chose, I'd support the LaSalle show for late models. Both theirs and the SN schedule still show the race on the 30th.

Highside Hustler25
05-09-2016, 06:33 PM
In the DoD article, they addressed the schedule conflict by saying LaSalle would be rescheduled.

I heard Tony was quoted as saying, nothing changed. Maybe that was then and they've changed since.

kidrock
05-09-2016, 06:34 PM
The Lasalle Summer national race will be rescheduled and was suppose to be announced today but, haven't seen anything yet. The Lassalle race is still on the Summer National schedule.

Highside Hustler25
05-09-2016, 06:40 PM
The Lasalle Summer national race will be rescheduled and was suppose to be announced today but, haven't seen anything yet. The Lassalle race is still on the Summer National schedule.

Yep, just checked DOD's schedule and it says to be reset TBA.

With the WoO being at Lincoln on the 3rd, July 4th would be a great date. Hope that's their choice.

kidrock
05-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Yep, just checked DOD's schedule and it says to be reset TBA.

With the WoO being at Lincoln on the 3rd, July 4th would be a great date. Hope that's their choice.

Excellent point. That would be a great day for them and Woo should pay for a fireworks show for Tony giving them that date

old fan
05-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Yep with woo/ summer nats at Lincoln sounds great

Highside Hustler25
05-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Excellent point. That would be a great day for them and Woo should pay for a fireworks show for Tony giving them that date

Tony already had a fireworks show in the plans so it should be a display of epic proportions now:D

cdustyr1
05-09-2016, 07:49 PM
They do put on a nice fireworks show there.

kidrock
05-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Tony already had a fireworks show in the plans so it should be a display of epic proportions now:D

And to market it as you wouldn't want to miss this race because, not only will the race be great but, the fireworks show it's going to be epic.

WisWildManFan
05-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Any of this official yet?

kidrock
05-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Any of this official yet?

Not yet still waiting

bullring
05-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Since no date has been announced, it's not rescheduled. It's either still on or cancelled until they give us a date.

J20in1st
05-12-2016, 07:28 AM
Tony Izzo said no way he will cancel and reschedule

cgrace
05-12-2016, 07:59 AM
y not just run woo race at lasalle for SN instead of payin for dirt

turnleftandgasit
05-12-2016, 08:22 AM
Rockford is closer to Hoffman Estates, has bigger suites, and the ruler of WoO's family doesn't own LaSalle

WisWildManFan
05-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Tony Izzo said no way he will cancel and reschedule Everyone has a price.

TheJet-09
05-12-2016, 04:20 PM
The crowds for both events, whether they fall on the same day or not, will undoubtedly be affected as many people cannot afford tickets for two big shows so close to each other, so people will have to choose either way. I really don't think car counts would be affected that much. Who would LaSalle lose for the Rockford show? Certainly Heckenast, maybe Shirley, but the likes of Weaver might choose LaSalle as opposed to the "unknown" at Rockford. It boils down to Dirtcar having to sanction two shows on the same day in the same area, but I believe they're technically two different entities (personnel, etc). Obviously Izzo hasn't been promoting as long as Deery, but it's not like he's new at it either. I give him credit if he stands his ground.

Crash 4
05-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Sounds like "payback" for Izzo running an IMCA sanctioned show last year.

bullring
05-12-2016, 06:51 PM
I'd had that same thought Crash 4.

WisWildManFan
05-12-2016, 09:19 PM
If they run against each other rockford will be lucky to have over 20 cars. WoO should just give tony a break on sanction fee for sprints for a show next year IMO

J20in1st
05-15-2016, 01:04 AM
If they run against each other rockford will be lucky to have over 20 cars. WoO should just give tony a break on sanction fee for sprints for a show next year IMO

Rockford is used to running shows with 10 Cars per class, nothing new to them

TheJet-09
05-15-2016, 09:37 AM
^^^^^ That's an unfortunate reality at many tracks nowadays. But on the subject of switching dates, etc., I wanted to mention what is easily overlooked (even by me) and that's the coordinated effort of many to put on any show, let alone one such as the Summer Nationals or a WoO event. There's the staff to work the event, and at LaSalle they appear to have many young workers. That's great for them and the local economy, but telling them they are no longer working on the 30th but are now needed for the 4th (hypothetically speaking) probably would mean far fewer available. There's also food vendors, such as the place that makes the pizza (I know, sounds silly but has to be considered). And probably most significant for the LaSalle show is the fireworks. Izzo is undoubtedly locked into a contract with the fireworks company for the 30th, and good luck finding someone for the 4th now, less than two months out. Who would want to go to a race on the 4th and NOT see fireworks?

cgrace
05-15-2016, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=and the ruler of WoO's family doesn't own LaSalle[/QUOTEso they screw izzo

kidrock
05-15-2016, 10:54 AM
^^^^^ That's an unfortunate reality at many tracks nowadays. But on the subject of switching dates, etc., I wanted to mention what is easily overlooked (even by me) and that's the coordinated effort of many to put on any show, let alone one such as the Summer Nationals or a WoO event. There's the staff to work the event, and at LaSalle they appear to have many young workers. That's great for them and the local economy, but telling them they are no longer working on the 30th but are now needed for the 4th (hypothetically speaking) probably would mean far fewer available. There's also food vendors, such as the place that makes the pizza (I know, sounds silly but has to be considered). And probably most significant for the LaSalle show is the fireworks. Izzo is undoubtedly locked into a contract with the fireworks company for the 30th, and good luck finding someone for the 4th now, less than two months out. Who would want to go to a race on the 4th and NOT see fireworks?

You make some good valid points but, as far fireworks. I think there would plenty of people to go to the race even if there isn't any fireworks.

old fan
05-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Who would want to go to a race on the 4th and NOT see fireworks? me

kidrock
05-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Who would want to go to a race on the 4th and NOT see fireworks? me

Well you don't count lol, I bet if they raced on the 4th and there were no fireworks place would still be packed for the Summer Nationals race

old fan
05-15-2016, 11:32 AM
Yep it sure would

WisWildManFan
05-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Moved to July 4th, june 30th hell tour running in Springfield MO.

HoosierDirtFan
05-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Moved to July 4th, june 30th hell tour running in Springfield MO.

Where you see the news about Springfield at?

WisWildManFan
05-19-2016, 03:02 PM
thehelltour.com

WisWildManFan
05-26-2016, 01:35 PM
Just read izzo is co-promoting event in MO.