PDA

View Full Version : Atomic speedway buckeye nationals predictions

willardboy
05-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Just seein who u guys feel will take home the $50,000?

Barbecueboy
05-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Epj.........

He will be lurking around long enough to win it when the leaders take themselves out.

And if not Earl, madden will dominate it.

Josh Bayko
05-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Josh Richards.

dirt junkie
05-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Can I have 2 picks? Don't see how anyone can pick other than Bloomquist or Davenport at this point.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Superman by 3 seconds

Mudweiser
05-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Fast time: Davenport
Winner: Bloomquist
Dark Horse: Moran

Pennsboro23
05-11-2016, 01:25 PM
You have your 4 top dogs. (Richards, Davenport, Bloomer, Madden right now).

Dark horse has to be Moran.

W2Racing09
05-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Can I have 2 picks? Don't see how anyone can pick other than Bloomquist or Davenport at this point.

I definitely think there is a case to be made for Josh Richards, given that he has had a spectacular season (more wins than both Bloomquist and Davenport and Richards has not run any regional or local shows at all). I think it is hard to go against him or Bloomquist, but if anyone can do it Davenport is the guy (or Madden if he will be there as well). They have a stout group of locals too who could steal the show. Should be a good show, wish I could be there but just not enough time in the month of May for me to get away for this one.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Barbecueboy
05-11-2016, 06:14 PM
I definitely think there is a case to be made for Josh Richards, given that he has had a spectacular season (more wins than both Bloomquist and Davenport and Richards has not run any regional or local shows at all). I think it is hard to go against him or Bloomquist, but if anyone can do it Davenport is the guy (or Madden if he will be there as well). They have a stout group of locals too who could steal the show. Should be a good show, wish I could be there but just not enough time in the month of May for me to get away for this one.

Thanks,
Jeff.

You running for office Jeff????lol.

That was a very good answer if you are.

a25rjr
05-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Epj.........

He will be lurking around long enough to win it when the leaders take themselves out.

And if not Earl, madden will dominate it.

If nothing else, we can dream about it! lol

MEE
05-11-2016, 07:16 PM
No idea who will win,it's a big toss up,but I bet it will be a he!! of a race.
Also if the open wheel race is anything like last week it'll be a gooden too.
Cant wait to get there!!!!!!!
Safe travels to all going too.

dirt junkie
05-11-2016, 07:18 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

True Richards has had a great start, he beat on everybody pretty good in Florida. But since then he hasn't squared off with the 6 or 0 much. Illini maybe? I know Bloomer was there, not sure about the 6.
Either way, I hope they all 3 have luck on their side and can go heads up for the win. Should make for a hell of a show!!

zyoung25
05-11-2016, 07:23 PM
I think Devin adds his first big check on the wall, along with all of his dad's bigguns.

MI Dirt Fan
05-11-2016, 07:46 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=grfbEZVdQJM

kidrock
05-11-2016, 07:53 PM
As well as he's been running it's going to be hard to go against Bloomer

kidrock
05-11-2016, 07:54 PM
I think Devin adds his first big check on the wall, along with all of his dad's bigguns.

It would be great to see Devin get the win

Hope to see Babb turn his season around and get a good finish this weekend

pickersparadise
05-11-2016, 08:53 PM
I would love to see any first time large check casher!!!!

Barbecueboy
05-11-2016, 09:18 PM
No idea who will win,it's a big toss up,but I bet it will be a he!! of a race.
Also if the open wheel race is anything like last week it'll be a gooden too.
Cant wait to get there!!!!!!!
Safe travels to all going too.

Is there a video anywhere from last weeks mod race?

Barbecueboy
05-11-2016, 09:23 PM
If nothing else, we can dream about it! lol
I don't know man, I like his chances........and I think he likes the track......never know?

tschulte10
05-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Is there a video anywhere from last weeks mod race?

Yep, a couple videos actually ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x30LjDOtqas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKS0r19Q4OY&feature=youtu.be

Boggs, Hoffman, Cook, and Hawkins definitely put on a show.

Barbecueboy
05-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Thanks.......

Drop Shock
05-12-2016, 12:14 AM
He might knock a few out of the way to do it, but I think Jackie Boggs is gonna be holding the big check this weekend.

edavis71
05-12-2016, 01:27 AM
Going with Richards!!!

LMPunk
05-12-2016, 06:27 AM
Dunno if he'll win, but I bet the ole 157 will be lurking in or around the top five by the end of the race.

I'd probs be happy if you took the field and gave me the 0, 1 or 6 though.

Barbecueboy
05-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Dunno if he'll win, but I bet the ole 157 will be lurking in or around the top five by the end of the race.

I'd probs be happy if you took the field and gave me the 0, 1 or 6 though.

I'll take that.......

71PRPFan
05-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Josh Richards blows a motor early on. Bloomer runs away with it

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Dont anybody get there hopes up the #6 coming to spoil there night. After his win lucas will be disecting his car again. He will be just as fast as tri city.

willardboy
05-12-2016, 10:53 AM
I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say.... 777 Landers. He's 3rd in points and has run good all year. He's finishing races more this yearr too. Gonna take some luck staying out of trouble in the late laps as everybody gets a little dicey with all that cash on the line. Also going with 2 locals as long shots..... 71c of RJ Conley and 4b of Jackie Boggs, wouldn't surprise me to see either of them up front.

TackyTracker
05-12-2016, 10:59 AM
little Eddie takes out Jackie is my prediction

71PRPFan
05-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Eddie will have to pass 24 cars to even get close to Jackie!

71PRPFan
05-12-2016, 11:15 AM
boys just skip on to 13:20 for a preview of the finish of the 50K race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYscPFjSlGM

let-r-eat
05-12-2016, 11:23 AM
The track was low/high last weekend. That was a hell of a modified race. What a show! With the same track conditions it will be up Davenports alley.

I have Boggs, Moran, Tyler Carpenter *if he goes* all in the top 10 in this one.

weatherman85
05-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I say it's going to be between Bloomer, Davenport, and Madden. Outside of Florida I don't think Richards has beaten Bloomer or Madden at any races. I know Madden outran him at both WoO shows last week and of course Bloomer won the one at Smokey Mountain.

TackyTracker
05-12-2016, 01:24 PM
Richards just beat Bloomer at the ILLINI

W2Racing09
05-12-2016, 02:00 PM
I say it's going to be between Bloomer, Davenport, and Madden. Outside of Florida I don't think Richards has beaten Bloomer or Madden at any races. I know Madden outran him at both WoO shows last week and of course Bloomer won the one at Smokey Mountain.

Richards has beat both Davenport and Bloomquist since Florida, and has only run against Madden twice (at tracks in his region where he runs 90% of his races). I'm not sure that Davenport has finished ahead of Richards once since Florida aside from the night at Atmoic that Richards broke on the first lap.

Thanks,
Jeff.

00Hdmn
05-12-2016, 03:04 PM
boys just skip on to 13:20 for a preview of the finish of the 50K race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYscPFjSlGM

One exception is that these guys aren't Matt Westfall.

pink floyd
05-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Jackie boggs

onlyfacts
05-12-2016, 03:51 PM
I say it's going to be between Bloomer, Davenport, and Madden. Outside of Florida I don't think Richards has beaten Bloomer or Madden at any races. I know Madden outran him at both WoO shows last week and of course Bloomer won the one at Smokey Mountain. Richards has raced with Bloomquist two times since Florida. At the Illini Richards won Bloomquist was 3rd. At Smokey Mountain Bloomquist won and Richards ran 3rd. So since Florida its pretty even. In Florida Richards beat Bloomquist 10 times out of 12 that they raced together. Davenport and Richards race together once since Florida at Fayetteville Richards finished 4th and Davenport finished 6th. Richards and Davenport was 9-3 Richards in Florida. Richards raced twice with Madden since Brunswick this past weekend and they are 3-2 Richards.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-12-2016, 03:55 PM
One exception is that these guys aren't Matt Westfall.He tries that move this time, it won't end the same.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-12-2016, 04:02 PM
I think the mod race will be as good or better than the late models. Really good cars, $5k, should be a good race. May try to hit this next year, hoping for a different format. With work, going two nights would be tough.

MI Dirt Fan
05-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Wasn't Richards in FL for 2-3 weeks before speed weeks even started testing? Bit of an advantage there.

Ever since Bloomer got out the new car he's been on a roll.

onlyfacts
05-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Wasn't Richards in FL for 2-3 weeks before speed weeks even started testing? Bit of an advantage there. Ever since Bloomer got out the new car he's been on a roll.Yep your right and Bloomquist tests about 10 times a year at Smokey Mountain so what is your point.

racerx99
05-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Whomever wins, it will be the person who can get thru the holes best. All the rain we've had will make the track soft in places, no matter how hard they work it. Somebody in Rayburn........hehe. Should be a great show!! Tim McCreadie is my pick.

LMPunk
05-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Richards has beat both Davenport and Bloomquist since Florida, and has only run against Madden twice (at tracks in his region where he runs 90% of his races). I'm not sure that Davenport has finished ahead of Richards once since Florida aside from the night at Atmoic that Richards broke on the first lap.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Point for Smoky Mountain, but Madden and Richards have ran the same number of races at Ponderosa, two each.

MI Dirt Fan
05-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Yep your right and Bloomquist tests about 10 times a year at Smokey Mountain so what is your point.
Think about that for a minute genius. Richards raced for about 2 weeks in FL and Bloomer races at smokey Mountain once or twice a year regardless if he practices there 10 times.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Whomever wins, it will be the person who can get thru the holes best. All the rain we've had will make the track soft in places, no matter how hard they work it. Somebody in Rayburn........hehe. Should be a great show!! Tim McCreadie is my pick.

Man that would be great if T-MAC won. Good call lets see what plays out!

Barbecueboy
05-12-2016, 06:54 PM

Would bring the house down...........hell, I'd probably start crying tears of joy of tmac wommped em Saturday .

Barbecueboy
05-12-2016, 06:56 PM
I think the mod race will be as good or better than the late models. Really good cars, $5k, should be a good race. May try to hit this next year, hoping for a different format. With work, going two nights would be tough.

If the red 21 rolls back in this week, he will pick up that win.........

a25rjr
05-12-2016, 08:08 PM

Wrong 'Horn!......don't you mean Richards! lol

zyoung25
05-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Yep your right and Bloomquist tests about 10 times a year at Smokey Mountain so what is your point.

Didn't Bloomquist say after the Tri City race he hadn't got to test much this year?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Wrong 'Horn!......don't you mean Richards! lol

No. I got a hot tip for sat. Just watch and see how it plays out. I promice you that you 25 wont be happy!

That week off was well worth it.

Dirt Draggin
05-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Everybody should just chill and stay out of the rain.Mother Nature is not a race fan!

Dirt Draggin
05-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Though the red 21 won't be there,I predict he will get to race and pick up at least one W

71PRPFan
05-12-2016, 09:48 PM
if Hoffman shows up he'll be hard to beat i dont think jackie had anything for him after 20 laps last week

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Though the red 21 won't be there,I predict he will get to race and pick up at least one W

You might have a very valid point for sat DD

W2Racing09
05-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Think about that for a minute genius. Richards raced for about 2 weeks in FL and Bloomer races at smokey Mountain once or twice a year regardless if he practices there 10 times.

Richards tested to start the season because he had almost zero time in the car he was driving. Bloomquist has been driving a version of the same Sweet-Bloomquist since 2014, I would say that advantage goes to Bloomquist. 2+ years of testing vs 2+ weeks of testing. Not that it is some type of crazy advantage to have tested. There were other cars in FL testing as well and none of them had the start to the season that Richards had. That even includes the guys who started in January out in AZ.

Thanks,
Jeff.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Richards tested to start the season because he had almost zero time in the car he was driving. Bloomquist has been driving a version of the same Sweet-Bloomquist since 2014, I would say that advantage goes to Bloomquist. 2+ years of testing vs 2+ weeks of testing. Not that it is some type of crazy advantage to have tested. There were other cars in FL testing as well and none of them had the start to the season that Richards had. That even includes the guys who started in January out in AZ.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Not trying to argue w you but theres an advantage of testing 2wks vs 2 yrs. That 2 wks was a hott streak that they hit on something and kept rolling w it.

zyoung25
05-12-2016, 10:49 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

Is that a known fact that Scotts car is the same as its been since 14? To hear him talk this new car he's been driving is something totally new. It definitely don't act like the car he had earlier this year, and the one from last year.

Josh also raced at the world finals and tested the xr1 at Charlotte before the world finals. So it's not like if he didn't test before Florida, he wasnt going in completely blind as you act like he was.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2016, 03:40 AM

Thanks,
Jeff.To think Bloomer hasn't changed his cars since 2014? Lol. Davenport/Rumley, the XR1, I'm pretty sure it's changed since then. Especially since he can't run the shocks he had then.

He has two cars he likes, working on a third. They aren't from 2014.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2016, 03:41 AM
If the red 21 rolls back in this week, he will pick up that win.........I'd be good with that, redemption. Hoffman is tough too. Or if Strickler shows up.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2016, 03:44 AM
They all test. Wtf does it matter? Was Bloomer about the first, and got his balls busted for doing it, sure. Now they all test, you have to to stay ahead of the game. Test and get better or get left behind.

I hope they get it in Saturday and it's a good race. Shaping up for good racing weather. Kinda bummed I'm not going now.

MI Dirt Fan
05-13-2016, 04:16 AM

Thanks,
Jeff.

I guess we all can't be lucky and carry Josh's helmit bag to the track every week.

W2Racing09
05-13-2016, 07:33 AM
Is that a known fact that Scotts car is the same as its been since 14? To hear him talk this new car he's been driving is something totally new. It definitely don't act like the car he had earlier this year, and the one from last year.

Josh also raced at the world finals and tested the xr1 at Charlotte before the world finals. So it's not like if he didn't test before Florida, he wasnt going in completely blind as you act like he was.

To think Bloomer hasn't changed his cars since 2014? Lol. Davenport/Rumley, the XR1, I'm pretty sure it's changed since then. Especially since he can't run the shocks he had then.

He has two cars he likes, working on a third. They aren't from 2014.

I didn't say he hasn't changed since 2014, I said it is the same design. Just like the 2009 Blue Gray Rocket and the 2014 Blue Gray Rocket are the same design -- but obviously not the exact same car. Josh Richards (according to everyone on this forum) essentially went from driving a Rocket Blue/Gray to driving a car very similar to a Longhorn -- very different. Yes he ran it at the World Finals, that is why I said he had pretty much no time in the car. One weekend isn't much.

W2Racing09
05-13-2016, 07:39 AM
I guess we all can't be lucky and carry Josh's helmit bag to the track every week.

I really don't understand the logic here, everyone acts like Josh Richards might as well be retired (he apparently has no chance of winning the biggest event on one of his best seasons at one of his best tracks) and I post to say that I think he does and give my take on a few of the "theories" and suddenly I'm "carrying Josh's helmit bag to the track every week".

Thanks,
Jeff.

Highside Hustler25
05-13-2016, 12:24 PM
I really don't understand the logic here, everyone acts like Josh Richards might as well be retired (he apparently has no chance of winning the biggest event on one of his best seasons at one of his best tracks) and I post to say that I think he does and give my take on a few of the "theories" and suddenly I'm "carrying Josh's helmit bag to the track every week".

Thanks,
Jeff.

It's the 4m way Jeff. It will never change.

Most opinionated message board???:confused:

Barbecueboy
05-13-2016, 12:26 PM
Not trying to argue w you but theres an advantage of testing 2wks vs 2 yrs. That 2 wks was a hott streak that they hit on something and kept rolling w it.

Drivers and crew know this very well, valid point.........

Barbecueboy
05-13-2016, 12:28 PM
I'd be good with that, redemption. Hoffman is tough too. Or if Strickler shows up.

A hot bed of good mod racers coming out of the Carolina's these days.........

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-13-2016, 12:40 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

Hey if it pays good jeff, what the heck go w it.

Barbecueboy
05-13-2016, 12:44 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

I don't think it really all had to do with your pro Josh posting in just this thread Jeff...........it's ok though, I iron and starch all of team Longhorns socks ,it's a good gig if you can get it.

RiffRaf67
05-13-2016, 01:29 PM
And now back to predictions.... (sorry to interrupt)

Really a toss up in the late models: gimme the obvious 0,1 or 6.
I predict that Boggs will garner attention, one way or another, same said for THE Tyler Carpenter, if he's there, people are gonna know he was there, one way or another!
Mods, gotta gimme Hoffman in the duece, but would love to see Kenny Johnson win it.

W2Racing09
05-13-2016, 01:40 PM

I predict that Boggs will garner attention, one way or another, same said for THE Tyler Carpenter, if he's there, people are gonna know he was there, one way or another!
Mods, gotta gimme Hoffman in the duece, but would love to see Kenny Johnson win it.

Mods are tough but its tough to go against Hawkins. But with drivers like Rich Michael Jr, Hoffman, and others potentially it will be a hell of a show. I know I'm as much looking forward to my first "BIG" SLM race of the season (Jackpot 100) for the Renegades of Dirt as I am the WoO.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Pennsboro23
05-13-2016, 01:43 PM
Mods are tough but its tough to go against Hawkins. But with drivers like Rich Michael Jr, Hoffman, and others potentially it will be a hell of a show. I know I'm as much looking forward to my first "BIG" SLM race of the season (Jackpot 100) for the Renegades of Dirt as I am the WoO.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Jake Hawkins will be tough in the mods, that is for sure. Both classes should put on great shows.

Madcat
05-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Has Jess Hartman been running mods this season yet? Haven't seen his name yet up front in any big shows. He usually runs pretty well there.

Barbecueboy
05-13-2016, 02:42 PM

" The " Tyler Carpenter????

Not sure if that description/nickname does him a whole lot of favors.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2016, 05:34 PM
A hot bed of good mod racers coming out of the Carolina's these days.........Yep. And Atomic draws good cars. Haven't seen it posted yet, but I'd guess 60 mods and about 55 lates. Mostly good stuff too.

I'd take Kenny Johnson, Hoffman, or Hawkins in the mods. Joel Watson from Conneaut, Oh is good too.

Posted 49 lates, not sure on the mod count.

zyoung25
05-14-2016, 05:34 AM
48 mods are there

chupp n bloomer fan
05-14-2016, 07:33 AM
48 mods are thereHow was the mod racing Zach?

kidrock
05-14-2016, 08:00 AM
Like to see shep win it but, I'm sticking with my first prediction because he was one of few that I seen could run top or middle and that would be Blommer.

zyoung25
05-14-2016, 12:17 PM
How was the mod racing Zach?

I never got to see any of the mods run. My 2 friends were there said Hoffman looked really good though.

TackyTracker
05-14-2016, 01:03 PM
pulling for Owens I think he's going to be tough tonight

old fan
05-14-2016, 01:15 PM
A hot bed of good mod racers coming out of the Carolina's these days.........Hoffmans roots are from st louis area thank you very much

71PRPFan
05-14-2016, 02:03 PM
Business as usual in the mods you'll see that mean looking black car taking the money tonight

chupp n bloomer fan
05-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Business as usual in the mods you'll see that mean looking black car taking the money tonightI'd take that bet, Nick Hoffman. Beast with the Allison brothers behind him.

71PRPFan
05-15-2016, 11:06 AM
lost all respect for Hoffman last night after the shenanigans and buffing up on Brad

Barbecueboy
05-15-2016, 12:22 PM
I'd take that bet, Nick Hoffman. Beast with the Allison brothers behind him.

As in " alabama gang" Allison brothers????

I didn't know that.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-15-2016, 12:50 PM
As in " alabama gang" Allison brothers????

I didn't know that.Yeah, them two. They supposedly are the front end gurus and he handles the rear.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-15-2016, 12:51 PM
lost all respect for Hoffman last night after the shenanigans and buffing up on BradWhat happened exactly?

71PRPFan
05-15-2016, 01:41 PM
he broke and caused a caution then pulled into the infield. the field done went green and passed him when he pulled out on the backstretch and stopped again. thats two cautions they sent him to the infield after a black flag. he pulled out again. then him and his crew were arguing with brad in the infield. total fiasco was probably better than 5 minutes

RiffRaf67
05-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post

Good call man!

RiffRaf67
05-16-2016, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Barbecueboy
" The " Tyler Carpenter????

Not sure if that description/nickname does him a whole lot of favors.

Inside joke BBQman. The first year I went to Volusia *A* Tyler Carpenter was there in a modified. The first night out, he was smooth as could be, even checked up a few times in his heats and features. I texted back home that it could NOT possibly be *THE* Tyler that we all are used to watching in the ohio valley in a late model....
Night 2, still driving with a head on his shoulders, but come night 3-4 , the gloves were off.
He fought like hell for 6th place in a B Main one of those nights and I knew it was the same guy..

He won a Gator Trophy on the final night tho, and in the process of a caution, blew past the pace truck with an arm out the window, pointing to debris on the high side, which lead to the announcer questioning his motives/tactics/sanity.
Yes indeed, Classic Tyler Carpenter I said to myself:
STRAIGHT GITTENER!

Bob Hubbard
05-16-2016, 12:02 PM
lost all respect for Hoffman last night after the shenanigans and buffing up on Brad

Could someone post a link .... I been lookin for the mod heats & main