PDA

View Full Version : Varying formats for setting a lineup and racing announcers

Returning to Dirt
05-12-2016, 08:57 AM
http://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-blog-varying-formats-for-setting-a-lineup-and-racing-announcers/

The different ways of determining a starting lineup and what we look for from track announcers are discussed in this week's Turn 2 Blog

BTExpress
05-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Very interesting topic. As mentioned in the article, here in the northeast if you started the fastest driver on the pole every week the fans would go nuts. DLM, Sprint Cars and BB Modifields have been using inverts in both the heats and features forever. I for one, as a fan, am very happy with the current WoO format. I realize a lot of you see nothing wrong with the fastest car starting on the pole, but to me it doesn't make for a great race if the pole sitter leads every lap.. I guess to each their own?????

Bubstr
05-12-2016, 10:05 AM
The tracks get to decide what format to use. The Fans get to decide if they want to pay their dollar to see it.

My opinion is I wouldn't pay a nickle to see a farrie boat sink, much less a time trial lock in show of follow the leader.

These passing point races, may be a little confusing, but darned if there isn't a lot of passing and the good drivers and cars still prevail. If you don't have a show, you don't have the Fans, and with out fans there is no money for any kind of show.

racenut
05-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Bubst.....where is the "LIKE" button for your post?

fryefan
05-12-2016, 10:36 PM
I am blessed in that I get to see a lot of passing points/draw-redraw/invert series (MLRA, MARS, Deery Brothers, IMCA, etc.) in my area. The cream still rises to the top, but they have to pass cars to do it.

Also, there are no more wrecks in these series than the freight-train races.

old fan
05-12-2016, 10:39 PM
group time trails around my neck of the woods wish their was a larger invert though