PDA

View Full Version : Josh bad fast McGuire

caz15b
05-13-2016, 01:21 AM
I don't post much, just look but just think if he didn't get hurt....we would be talking about him...

Jim11h
05-13-2016, 10:01 AM
What happened?

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2016, 10:04 AM
What happened?A few years ago at 201, track was fast and tacky. He flipped, and flipped hard, and when he did, his head hit the track if I'm not mistaken. Very close to being paralyzed. I know he's not 100%, but he's doing pretty darn well, and running for office in Ky.

Jim11h
05-13-2016, 10:21 AM
Ohhhh, wow! Thanks didn't know. That musta been a real nasty ride

Aluminium Block
05-13-2016, 11:24 AM
I think the roll cage dug into the soft track. These roll cages need to be built with more head clearance. Not only for this but also to get out of the cars.

Barbecueboy
05-13-2016, 01:04 PM
A few years ago at 201, track was fast and tacky. He flipped, and flipped hard, and when he did, his head hit the track if I'm not mistaken. Very close to being paralyzed. I know he's not 100%, but he's doing pretty darn well, and running for office in Ky.

We donated a few trinkets for auction when Eddie and Jamie carrier did some fundraising for him after his accident.......I met josh for the first time last year at county line race for the kids in November and I would have to say that he is probably one of the most humble and sincerest people I have ever met.

What a great story if he were to get elected.........

00Hdmn
05-13-2016, 02:54 PM
We donated a few trinkets for auction when Eddie and Jamie carrier did some fundraising for him after his accident.......I met josh for the first time last year at county line race for the kids in November and I would have to say that he is probably one of the most humble and sincerest people I have ever met.

What a great story if he were to get elected.........

You are absolutely correct...... Back when Charlotte had the Colossal race, we were in town for it and it rained out so we went and checked out an indoor goKart track and Josh raced with us. Just acted like the most down to earth person, if he ran for office in WV I would be voting for him.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2016, 05:28 PM

What a great story if he were to get elected.........Oh yeah. He's a good guy and smart. I believe his Dad's stipulation was, you go to college, get a degree, I'll get you a car. He was helping Eddie, not sure if he still does. Either way, both of them I like.

Barbecueboy
05-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Oh yeah. He's a good guy and smart. I believe his Dad's stipulation was, you go to college, get a degree, I'll get you a car. He was helping Eddie, not sure if he still does. Either way, both of them I like.

Ditto........

Welder89
05-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Hands down the nicest driver I ever met at the track. He wasn't like all these rich kids that walk around with there noses up in the air thinking they are better than you. Pretty sure he has an engineering degree also. Dude is smart and can wheel the heck out of race car.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Hands down the nicest driver I ever met at the track. He wasn't like all these rich kids that walk around with there noses up in the air thinking they are better than you. Pretty sure he has an engineering degree also. Dude is smart and can wheel the heck out of race car.They aren't rich though. I'm not disputing anything you said, but he didn't come from a Dad who owned some big company and has more money than God. Or they think they do till they start trying to support a racing habit;).

Yes he has an engineering degree. His Dad made him a deal, you get your degree, I'll help you with a car.

Shame what happened, but he has recovered pretty well, compared to what coulda happened.

aflack83
05-14-2016, 11:59 AM
I still see him around Carriers clan from time to time. Met him several times, he is a class act and one hell of a wheel man.

Aces&Eights
05-14-2016, 08:50 PM
What happened?

His car flipped and in the process the roof came off. When it landed top down on the clay, the cage sunk into the track surface far enough for his head to make contact with the track and break his neck. It was the kind of break 90% die from, but for him it only ended his driving career. Car designs need to be looked at as speeds keep climbing and more and more cars end up on there tops due to the "Modern" hike up setups. JMO

fongu
05-15-2016, 08:26 PM
Running for political office in 2016.

BIGSTEVE00
05-16-2016, 11:03 AM
I really miss BADFAST Josh McGuire on the track. But what he continues to do for the sport is amazing. He jumped up and started helping Charlie Floyd and his family as soon as Charlie got hurt. Josh and his wife Tracy and Eddie(Carrier) and his wife Jamie do a lot for our sport to help fellow racers. You can sometimes find Josh in the pit area helping turn wrenches on the #28 Carl Grover machine. But yes I wish we were talking about him winning some races!!!

71PRPFan
05-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Josh will return someday. Racers gone' race