PDA

View Full Version : Billy Moyer Jr.

dirtrace09
05-17-2016, 07:57 AM
I was at Peoria Saturday night and truly thought Moyer Jr. got Unzicker at the line. I have never been a big fan of his. However, he handled that race well. He even posted on his facebook account how much fun it was to race with Unzicker and being so close at the line. He congratulated Ryan on the win and showed a lot of respect. That might not happen all the time but as a fan and driver, I appreciated seeing that. With all the negativity about tracks, drivers and racing that typically flies around; I thought a positive story should be shared.

zach51
05-17-2016, 08:24 AM
Agreed, though there may have been a bit of sarcasm with the congratulation, he's been around long enough even at 28/29 years old to know that sometimes you get the break and sometimes you don't. As a racer that is a hard pill to swallow no matter how many races you've won, the last bad break sticks in your stomach until you are able to get it redeemed.

Since you mentioned his facebook, did you see the pics of the new car with the black deck? pretty slick...

Highside Hustler25
05-17-2016, 12:27 PM
There as well and thought Moyer won. I'm sure the tower had a better view than I did.

zooker25
05-17-2016, 07:19 PM
Also thought Moyer jr won! I too am becoming a fan he is a class act!

rickybrown1952
05-17-2016, 08:38 PM
I saw the picture took of them at the finish line billy jr definitely won by about 6 inches very close but BMJ won

kidrock
05-17-2016, 08:44 PM
Sometime pictures can lie. What I mean it depends on where the finish line really is and at what angle the picture was taken from. Was it straight on or was it to the left or right of the finish line. I thought when I seen the pics Jr won as well.

MI Dirt Fan
05-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Is there an official finish line is the question I think at a lot of tracks

tb1545
05-17-2016, 09:13 PM
Do they use electronic scoring? Been to a few tracks that the loop wasn't exactly at the flag stand and one track said the loop was the final say and another said pictures would determine close finish. But those two actually would say at the drivers meeting where loop was and how they would score it. Makes you wonder how many tracks address this