PDA

View Full Version : Frank Heckenast Jr To Capitol Race Cars

Aces&Eights
05-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Was kinda surprised when I saw him in Clantons backup car this past weekend and that he's got a New Capitol on the way. Wasn't he a Disco driver? Curious...

Tireguy17
05-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Club29/Black Diamond is the Titanic....been quite a few abandoning ship.

W2Racing09
05-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Was kinda surprised when I saw him in Clantons backup car this past weekend and that he's got a New Capitol on the way. Wasn't he a Disco driver? Curious...

He was in a Club 29 I believe. I also see that Tyler Erb is selling (one of) his Club 29 cars --- that is after EPJ got a Longhorn as well. The ship is sinking for sure, and nobody in the cars is really doing much of anything but leaving.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Highside Hustler25
05-18-2016, 03:23 PM
If Lanigan can't win in one, who can?

UMPDream
05-18-2016, 03:37 PM
He was in a Club 29 I believe. I also see that Tyler Erb is selling (one of) his Club 29 cars --- that is after EPJ got a Longhorn as well. The ship is sinking for sure, and nobody in the cars is really doing much of anything but leaving.

Thanks,
Jeff.

The guys in your area are doing well aren't they?

W2Racing09
05-18-2016, 03:43 PM
The guys in your area are doing well aren't they?

I don't know of any Club 29 cars in Central, PA aside from Glenn Elliot and Chad Hollenbeck, neither of whom are really lighting the world on fire (Hollenbeck has been solid though and Elliot has been running against very stiff competition this season).

Thanks,
Jeff.

06Tireman
05-18-2016, 04:18 PM
Tony Adams has a Club at Selinsgrove..

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Looks like a foward move to me. How did he do in clantons back up?

Josh Bayko
05-18-2016, 04:27 PM
I'd imagine Morgan Bagley will soon be leaving the Club too.

a25rjr
05-18-2016, 05:27 PM
I don't know about the fat woman warming up, but the BeeGees sure are! :)

kidrock
05-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Wonder what went wrong because at one time Lanigan was winning in the club 29 then all of a sudden he wasn't

pkracer
05-18-2016, 05:46 PM
A lot had to do with the shocks Owens and Lanigan were using and later outlawed.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Looks like a foward move to me. How did he do in clantons back up?They got together I believe. And Frankie was done.

kidrock
05-18-2016, 05:59 PM
A lot had to do with the shocks Owens and Lanigan were using and later outlawed.

Well that makes sense. I wonder how many others that rule has affected?

chupp n bloomer fan
05-18-2016, 06:05 PM
Well that makes sense. I wonder how many others that rule has affected?O'Neal I think.

ClampedUp
05-18-2016, 06:09 PM

Well they outlawed Davenport's super secret device and Bloomquist's NASA inspired fifth dimension suspension and guess what???
They keep on winning....

onlyfacts
05-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Wonder what went wrong because at one time Lanigan was winning in the club 29 then all of a sudden he wasn't Romance ended............

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-18-2016, 06:29 PM

Which ones did they have?

Flathead
05-18-2016, 06:38 PM
I look to see a Lanigan/Stuckey split someday soon. Lanigan got into chassis building for the wrong reasons to begin with. I do believe Stuckey is a smart man on setting up race cars but building them is a different animal. They have done well in a short time but Bloomquist, Davenport, and Richards are really probably putting a lot more hard work and testing into their programs right now and it shows. This sport is getting more high tech every day.

grt74
05-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Wonder what went wrong because at one time Lanigan was winning in the club 29 then all of a sudden he wasn't

welcome to the lucas series,cream of the crop,I'm sure he will start back winning sooner or later but it will take some testing,and if they all want to sell cars,they better start soon,nothing wrong with his stuff,just needs some fine tuning,look at all the longhorns out there,not everyone is just winning everything they show up too,you still have to drive the thing along with setup as the track dries off, i know alot of guys that can't drive bloomers cars,they are super tight cars and you better understand springs because his stuff doesn't flex,thats also the difference between knowing and understanding these cars and just driving,alot of these guys go out and buy this stuff and expect all the info but then don't want to test and find an edge,DO YOU REALLY THINK THERE GOING TO GIVE YOU THE EDGE THEY HAVE,HELLO THEY RACE FOR A LIVING,they will get you very close but not all of it,the only person thats gets all the info from the top guy i would say is landers

slmcrewchief99
05-18-2016, 06:58 PM
Wishful thinking

kidrock
05-18-2016, 07:13 PM
welcome to the lucas series,cream of the crop,I'm sure he will start back winning sooner or later but it will take some testing,and if they all want to sell cars,they better start soon,nothing wrong with his stuff,just needs some fine tuning,look at all the longhorns out there,not everyone is just winning everything they show up too,you still have to drive the thing along with setup as the track dries off, i know alot of guys that can't drive bloomers cars,they are super tight cars and you better understand springs because his stuff doesn't flex,thats also the difference between knowing and understanding these cars and just driving,alot of these guys go out and buy this stuff and expect all the info but then don't want to test and find an edge,DO YOU REALLY THINK THERE GOING TO GIVE YOU THE EDGE THEY HAVE,HELLO THEY RACE FOR A LIVING,they will get you very close but not all of it,the only person thats gets all the info from the top guy i would say is landers

My brother started out racing go karts back in the day and he had a guy that he raced with that helpped him. He told my brother i will get you within 2 tenths and you will have to find that 2 tenths on your own

a25rjr
05-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Wishful thinking

You still "chiefing" on one, aren't ya?

NormP
05-18-2016, 07:35 PM
We'll be saying all the same things about rocket (again) in a couple years, then Bloomquist cars, then Longhorn, etc, and people will be wanting the new Club 29 that's started winning (whenever that is). Then they'll all take turns winning again. You all have been around long enough to know it goes in cycles.

slmcrewchief99
05-18-2016, 08:03 PM
Yes I sure am a25rjr. And NormP, you hit the nail on the head. So many on here just love it if they think others are going to fail. But on the other hand, I am always up for a good laugh. And some of the comments on here REALLY make me laugh.

george w
05-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Didn't babb jump out too? Good to see franky try something different !!!

a25rjr
05-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Yes I sure am a25rjr. And NormP, you hit the nail on the head. So many on here just love it if they think others are going to fail. But on the other hand, I am always up for a good laugh. And some of the comments on here REALLY make me laugh.
Honestly, I don't care for Lanigan too much, but I know Stuckey's a good dude. Im sure they'll figure these cars out!

Aces&Eights
05-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Looks like a foward move to me. How did he do in clantons back up?

Ran as high as second before finishing 5th. Looked solid, think he may have gotten shuffled out on a restart.

Josh Bayko
05-18-2016, 08:58 PM

I believe the CBR cars had the ultra exotic shocks too.

Aces&Eights
05-18-2016, 09:04 PM
I believe the CBR cars had the ultra exotic shocks too.

What is exotic? The Disco cars have been sliding since the end of 13' or 14' when Lanigan was on his tear. Sure they've had a few victories since, but the trend was less and less, same as the Shinnston mobiles. Now Rocket, Longhorn, Capital & Zero have shuffled Club back down the ladder. Maybe GRT will re-emerge or Warrior.

SHOE32
05-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Pretty sure Dennis Erb is still good weekly in his club car

onlyfacts
05-18-2016, 09:43 PM
Pretty sure Dennis Erb is still good weekly in his club carDepends on what your meaning of good is. But Erb is the best club/bd left.

Twist'EM Up
05-18-2016, 09:56 PM
The move makes sense 2me.. Touring the country IS TUFF DEAL!!! And never hurts having the Defending WOO Champion too bounce ideas off set ups and whatknotts

Twist'EM Up
05-18-2016, 10:02 PM
I don't know of any Club 29 cars in Central, PA aside from Glenn Elliot and Chad Hollenbeck, neither of whom are really lighting the world on fire (Hollenbeck has been solid though and Elliot has been running against very stiff competition this season).

Thanks,
Jeff.

Stuhler drives a disco The Original SUPERMAN BULLITT 44

powerslide
05-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Pretty sure Dennis Erb is still good weekly in his club car

I was going to bring up the fact he has seemed to be the only one on the national level in the last month knocking down top 5's. Looks like he is racing in the feature well just needs to improve his qualifying. I think he's figured something out on them. Maybe ol darrel can ask him so he can get up to speed.

MI Dirt Fan
05-19-2016, 03:56 AM
Weren't they running like 10 shocks on a car in various locations.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-19-2016, 04:25 AM
Weren't they running like 10 shocks on a car in various locations.I think that was in the 2016 rule changes, and 2015 changes were the exotic shocks. Could change them on the fly supposedly. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will enlighten me.

blncfn57
05-19-2016, 05:43 AM
Weren't they running like 10 shocks on a car in various locations.

I never seen 10 shocks on any of them, the most I've seen on one car was 7 and that wasn't on a BD/club29 car....... this driver is still winning.

zyoung25
05-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Everyone seems to forget what Lanigan done over the winter. When he jumped over on with Bowyer, he left behind Integra, and switched to Penske. He has been on Integra shocks for as long as I can remember. He knows the Integra shocks inside and out. It may sound dumb, but I about bet that is a lot of his struggle. He was very hands on when he ran on his own, that's not so much the case anymore.

Those cars still competitive on a local/regional level. They're far from a sinking ship. This sport is just revolving door. Which makes it very interesting to me at times.

zach51
05-19-2016, 08:03 AM
zyoung kind of touched on a point (well not really a point, more of an observation), but every time the big teams starting having fire sales on their chassis to hop on a new bandwagon, this is a great opportunity for local/crate guys to pick up nice used cars on the cheap(er). Used DLM chassis are everywhere, almost as bad as modifieds. Seems like everybody has two used modifieds for sale. There are some nice race cars that can be bought for not a ton of money.

ClampedUp
05-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Everyone seems to forget what Lanigan done over the winter. When he jumped over on with Bowyer, he left behind Integra, and switched to Penske. He has been on Integra shocks for as long as I can remember. He knows the Integra shocks inside and out. It may sound dumb, but I about bet that is a lot of his struggle. He was very hands on when he ran on his own, that's not so much the case anymore.

Those cars still competitive on a local/regional level. They're far from a sinking ship. This sport is just revolving door. Which makes it very interesting to me at times.

Was he not still running Integra before he quit the WoO last year??

UMPDream
05-19-2016, 10:47 AM
I look to see a Lanigan/Stuckey split someday soon. Lanigan got into chassis building for the wrong reasons to begin with. I do believe Stuckey is a smart man on setting up race cars but building them is a different animal. They have done well in a short time but Bloomquist, Davenport, and Richards are really probably putting a lot more hard work and testing into their programs right now and it shows. This sport is getting more high tech every day.

If you think Stuckey is only smart on setups and you think building them is a "different animal", then tell me who you think is more qualified to build a chassis other than Stuckey? I bet you Stuckey/Lanigan is working around the clock and harder on everything. Go ahead and throw a Longhorn name out there and while your doing it, give me the # of who at Longhorn is more qualified than Lanigan, Stuckey, and Bowyer's resources..

onlyfacts
05-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Was he not still running Integra before he quit the WoO last year??He was running Integras last year when he was struggling. So I don't think switching to Penske Shocks was the problem. Bloomquist, Madden and others seem to be doing ok with Penske Shocks. Club/BD seems to be having bigger problems than shocks.. Ship looks like it has big holes and people are jumping fast.

W2Racing09
05-19-2016, 12:22 PM
He was running Integras last year when he was struggling. So I don't think switching to Penske Shocks was the problem. Bloomquist, Madden and others seem to be doing ok with Penske Shocks. Club/BD seems to be having bigger problems than shocks.. Ship looks like it has big holes and people are jumping fast.

As his UN implies.. only facts...

Lanigan needs to get off the road and get back to the shop and do some work if he wants his retirement plan to be there when he retires. I'm sure if he can get back in his own car and go R&D some stuff they can get it figured out. I doubt Boyer lets them do all kinds of R&D on his car(s) and Jameson is a good wheel man but not the caliber of Lanigan so he isn't going to be a reliable R&D driver either.

Thanks,
Jeff.

victorylane
05-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Club 29/BD got really big too quick to keep up IMO.

Josh Bayko
05-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Club 29/BD got really big too quick to keep up IMO.

This is likely true.

Illtsate32
05-19-2016, 08:30 PM
Shirley and Kevin Rumley doin as good as Stuckey

Barbecueboy
05-20-2016, 01:21 PM
If you think Stuckey is only smart on setups and you think building them is a "different animal", then tell me who you think is more qualified to build a chassis other than Stuckey? I bet you Stuckey/Lanigan is working around the clock and harder on everything. Go ahead and throw a Longhorn name out there and while your doing it, give me the # of who at Longhorn is more qualified than Lanigan, Stuckey, and Bowyer's resources..

Having resources don't make you more qualified at anything............except the ability to buy more stuff.......which doesn't seem to be helping the names you mentioned right now.

ENVY Suspension
05-20-2016, 02:47 PM
It would sure be interesting to know what Erb has figured out wouldn't it? I think I know a guy that probably knows and i'm sure he doesn't give it away!!!!!!!

a25rjr
05-20-2016, 03:49 PM
It would sure be interesting to know what Erb has figured out wouldn't it? I think I know a guy that probably knows and i'm sure he doesn't give it away!!!!!!!

C'mon Captain.......give us a hint......throw us a lifeline! lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-20-2016, 03:56 PM
C'mon Captain.......give us a hint......throw us a lifeline! lol

a25rjr.........

powerslide
05-20-2016, 04:06 PM
He gave you some love!!

https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=7817&month=05&year=2016#vid

a25rjr
05-20-2016, 04:08 PM
a25rjr.........

You cant buy experience but you can hire it! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-20-2016, 04:10 PM
You cant buy experience but you can hire it! :)

Sounds like a bad business decision!

a25rjr
05-20-2016, 04:12 PM
Sounds like a bad business decision!

Says the last guy that hired you! :)

btw.....you missed last weeks prediction by $34,700!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-20-2016, 04:34 PM

That will be deposited to jds account after his attorney get done.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-20-2016, 04:37 PM

That was the best thing that happened to them 18yrs ago was to hire me!

a25rjr
05-20-2016, 05:08 PM
That will be deposited to jds account after his attorney get done.

Let me guess......hmmmmm......you're his attorney! bhahahahaha

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Let me guess......hmmmmm......you're his attorney! bhahahahaha

No but you were bloomers over the scale deal.

Btw... how did that work out for you.
What did u spend your $ on w that check? Lmao

a25rjr
05-20-2016, 05:31 PM
No but you were bloomers over the scale deal.

Btw... how did that work out for you.
What did u spend your $ on w that check? Lmao

Tony wrote us a personal check, but we had to keep it on the down-low!

I got my usual 40% and Bloomer got the rest.

Don't let that Tampon hurt too bad! :)

spas
05-23-2016, 10:18 AM

Totally out to lunch on that comment!! Longhorns stepped it up a notch last year now everyone is playing catch up. That's the way this sport is you can be a hero one day and a zero the next. Lanigan and Stucky are changing and building new stuff as we type. And they both know a couple of things about cars so they will be back. Now that is JMO. By the way Owens and Lanigan run different shocks. As in totally different manufacturers.