PDA

View Full Version : Stack spring on RR?

Dirtmod13
05-19-2016, 07:37 AM
Ok, so I understand why you would want a stack or dual rate setup on RF, but what is the reasoning for using it on the RR?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Same reasons. Is the RR compressed the same up the straight as it is at the center of the corner?

Just another corner of the car to adjust the wheel loading vs. wheel travel. I could cone up with a reason to do it anywhere you have a spring.

Dirtmod13
05-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Same reasons. Is the RR compressed the same up the straight as it is at the center of the corner?Just another corner of the car to adjust the wheel loading vs. wheel travel. I could cone up with a reason to do it anywhere you have a spring.So (from my experience) It could help turn the car on the heavier rate in the corner, then tighten it down the straight correct?And is this done to avoid moving/ changing bars or?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-19-2016, 08:17 AM
So (from my experience) It could help turn the car on the heavier rate in the corner, then tighten it down the straight correct?And is this done to avoid moving/ changing bars or?

You will be on a stiffer rate after some range of travel. Yes, that could loosen exit if you are on the stiffer spring at exit. It could tighten the car into the corner. It could be used to keep the rr from squatting on late entry. Plenty of reasons.

The downside is that it could make bar adjustments tricky.

Kromulous
05-19-2016, 08:23 AM
I guess you can lock out to the softer spring?

I see a use for it on the LR.

On the RR, i could see a use for pre-loading say a 200lb spring to a number, to help entry and exit.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-19-2016, 09:40 AM
I guess you can lock out to the softer spring?

I see a use for it on the LR.

On the RR, i could see a use for pre-loading say a 200lb spring to a number, to help entry and exit.

I could see that working as well.

smithracer40
05-31-2016, 12:53 PM
MasterSbilt Racer.
How is it going to effect bar change?? was going to try a 2 stage on left rear to keep car from falling off the bars in traffic.

smithracer40
05-31-2016, 12:57 PM
My car seems to be very lazy if it sets back on left rear in the corner, and doesn't want to pack back up and get on the bars, but if it stays up it is good. but every time i take the traction shock/lrf shock off the car wants to fall on lr and not get back up. If i change bar angle to help i loose drive. current 225 on lr

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-31-2016, 04:30 PM
MasterSbilt Racer.
How is it going to effect bar change?? was going to try a 2 stage on left rear to keep car from falling off the bars in traffic.

Depending on what you are doing on rr, bar change could change the point where your spring rate changes. That was all I was saying.