PDA

View Full Version : Older trak star chassis question from a rookie

jllee05
05-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Hey guys, new to the late model world (been running karts for years), just purchased an older 07-08 trak-star chassis. Chassis was in pretty good shape no bends or kinks, or evidence that I can see of being clipped or repaired. I purchased it from the local race shop 90% race ready. Ive only run the car maybe 60-70 laps, and it seems to do what its suppose to (with a rookie driver). My question is, running the car in a lower level class such as sportsman, would this car be competitive when setup correctly, or is it worth it to have the front and rear updated, or after a season or two just buy a newer chassis? From what I've been told trak-star cars are very similar(was even told it was a copy) to GRT cars, so I've been using their applicable setup info. is this the right way to go about it, or should I reach out to the guys at trak-star? also any advise to a rookie driver would also be appreciated! thanks guys!

RW57
05-21-2016, 03:42 PM
I would call Trac Star from what I read about them they great to work with

fastford
05-22-2016, 11:44 AM
call mike boland in cuba Alabama , there is a good bit of difference between a trac star and a grt. they do seem to work pretty well with a steel engine........

racer2e
05-22-2016, 01:32 PM
The early trakstars have a GRT front end, but the rest of the car is all different. You can also run a Mastersbuilt front end. Call Mike or Jamey. I think they will tell you to run it the way it is. They like the new platinum front end, but there is nothing wrong with the old one. Great people to deal with.

bmchone
05-31-2016, 12:24 PM
I have an 07 TrakStar and its a very good car. I think you will be very happy with it. Car still outruns the new cars now lol.. But I also used some of the GRT setups as well and it works well. Like the other posts, call Jamey or Mike.. Great people to work with and always have time for questions. Currently trying to sell mine, so if ya know anyone interested, let me know.. Just getting out of Racing for awhile. If I ever was to get another car, TrakStar would be the one I would go for..