PDA

View Full Version : Chris Ferguson X1R

GA-DIRT
05-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Won 3rd heat at Tyler County in a new Rocket!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Are u sure about that?
ill b dam he is in one. Must be that wreck at carolina changed his outlook on longhorns.

zyoung25
05-28-2016, 10:30 PM
He has one, seen pics of it earlier in the week. Still has his longhorn though.

Snake X3
05-28-2016, 11:23 PM
He shoulda got a Barry Wright!

RoundNrOUND
05-29-2016, 07:44 AM
Barry Wrong lately.....

dirtdobber45
05-29-2016, 10:14 AM
Maybe it wouldve taken longer to get a new longhorn so he went to rocket...their both the same Rumley technology.

Punisher88
05-29-2016, 03:42 PM
He got a brand new longhorn the week after his crash and won the first night out in it.

a25rjr
05-29-2016, 03:50 PM
Barry Wrong lately.....

Barely Right........but they got it Wright last nite!

ImCryn2
05-29-2016, 04:20 PM
so the guy has a longhorn, wrecks it, buys a new one and now buys a new rocket? so much for all the underfunded talk

zyoung25
05-29-2016, 06:29 PM
so the guy has a longhorn, wrecks it, buys a new one and now buys a new rocket? so much for all the underfunded talk

You do realize he just got a big chunk of money from the champion spark plug deal right? I'm sure that contributed a lot to him buying another car.

Scott Boesel
05-29-2016, 06:32 PM
Per his Facebook page both new cars are owned by a sponsor

Scott Boesel
05-29-2016, 06:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing but I guess both new chassis are owned by a sponsor per his Facebook page said

Bigracer93
05-29-2016, 06:51 PM
If you look at the WoO Twitter where they posted hot lap times you'll see where the owner name is listed it's not his

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-29-2016, 07:07 PM

No not true.
He got a new chassis and transfered everything. $8k for chassis

drano
05-29-2016, 07:38 PM
If you look at the WoO Twitter where they posted hot lap times you'll see where the owner name is listed it's not his

That's his dad's name I think Brian Conrad

chupp n bloomer fan
05-29-2016, 08:51 PM
No not true.
He got a new chassis and transfered everything. $8k for chassisSeen he mentioned this about his Longhorn. Transferred everything over that he could.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-29-2016, 08:53 PM
Maybe it wouldve taken longer to get a new longhorn so he went to rocket...their both the same Rumley technology.They both have a big wait list, I'm guessing whoever ordered this, did it awhile ago.

old fan
05-29-2016, 09:44 PM
Barely Right........but they got it Wright last nite! yeah they got right because they had all 4 tires on the car holding air

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-29-2016, 10:50 PM
how much do you think he saved by transferring parts that were not damaged? I'm guessing he maybe got to use half. So he's got sponsors that pay for the cars, that's great for him but still takes him out of the "underfunded" category IMO. He's got the good engines and good cars just like the rest of them. Yea maybe not 2 or 3 of everything, but you can only race one at a time. The young man is very talented and my posts are in no way a slam toward him, only some of the fans.

Im sayn $8k just for chassis

Aces&Eights
05-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Barry Wrong lately.....

Oh thouest spoketh too soon.
Who makes this X1R chassis, not familiar with it?
I wouldn't get too excited about Fergy switching cars, he does that a lot. Wasn't long ago he was singing Warrior praises, then Longhorn and now some unknown X1R car.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 01:40 PM
That's his dad's name I think Brian Conrad

Correct , Brian is Chris's father( step father I believe)

huskerdirt
05-30-2016, 01:41 PM
Oh thouest spoketh too soon.
Who makes this X1R chassis, not familiar with it?
I wouldn't get too excited about Fergy switching cars, he does that a lot. Wasn't long ago he was singing Warrior praises, then Longhorn and now some unknown X1R car.

Ummmmm. Way off.

Compared to everybody else Fergy has stayed with a certain chassis a lot longer than other guys.

TMaCiLLiNi39
05-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Correct , Brian is Chris's father( step father I believe)

No it's his father...

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 04:35 PM
No it's his father...

10/4......wasn't sure about the last name difference and how all that works , either way Brian is a very nice guy and fully supportive of Chris and his efforts.
I hope they win or do well every single time they race..........

And whomever said that Chris has changed chassis a few times over the last 5 years is absolutely correct......

Pretty sure he was in a rocket when he first started running supers ( not 100% on that, need to dig up some pictures from golden isles from a while back), then was in a warrior for a while( even driving the Goddard house car for a bit), then to the longhorn and now to an xr1.

Believe that was all in a span of about 5 or 6 years..............numbers might be off a little, I'm sure someone smarter than me will remember.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Ummmmm. Way off.

Compared to everybody else Fergy has stayed with a certain chassis a lot longer than other guys.

Ummm, no.........not way off at all if you actually read the post.

Said nothing at all about staying in one longer than other certain guys or comparing him to anybody.............that was purely your conjecture.

flagone
05-30-2016, 04:41 PM
Started in Supers in a Rocket that he ran in crates to begin his car career. Then drove Warriors for 3 years. Then he switched to Longhorn - which he still has and intends to run. Added the Rocket X1R this year after a sponsor wanted him to try it. I understand it was ordered shortly after Speedweeks.

Bryan's last name is CONARD. He was a successful racer himself for many years in the Carolinas.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 04:49 PM
Started in Supers in a Rocket that he ran in crates to begin his car career. Then drove Warriors for 3 years. Then he switched to Longhorn - which he still has and intends to run. Added the Rocket X1R this year after a sponsor wanted him to try it. I understand it was ordered shortly after Speedweeks.

Bryan's last name is CONARD. He was a successful racer himself for many years in the Carolinas.

I knew somebody smarter would be along.........thanks Mr Carlton.

huskerdirt
05-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Ummm, no.........not way off at all if you actually read the post.

Said nothing at all about staying in one longer than other certain guys or comparing him to anybody.............that was purely your conjecture.

The post said he switches cars quite a bit..... Correct?

Compared to just about everybody else. I would say that's not even close to be true.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 05:09 PM

Compared to just about everybody else. I would say that's not even close to be true.

Nobody was comparing him to anybody except you.........and going from an older rocket, to a warrior, to a longhorn and now has a rocket again all in a matter of 5 or 6 years is jumping around a pretty good bit.

But I'm sure you see it differently.......which I expect.

huskerdirt
05-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Nobody was comparing him to anybody except you.........and going from an older rocket, to a warrior, to a longhorn and now has a rocket again all in a matter of 5 or 6 years is jumping around a pretty good bit.

But I'm sure you see it differently.......which I expect.

He ran the Warrior for 3 years. The Longhorn for 2 or atleast pretty close to that. He ran that Rocket for who knows how long. But it certainly wasn't a couple of months than it was out the door for the Warrior. I wouldn't consider that jumping around a lot.

a25rjr
05-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Chris looked real good in that "copy"! lol

Probly had something for Dohm if he didn't have that flat! For sure a top 2 finish.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Of course you wouldn't..........

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 06:55 PM
Ummmmm. Way off.

But when you compare him to everybody ( like you did above) , the argument doesn't hold water.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 06:57 PM

Then you have to restructure your argument to say " just about everybody else" so it fits better.

And you say a lot of things......fwiw.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 06:59 PM
Chris looked real good in that "copy"! lol

Probly had something for Dohm if he didn't have that flat! For sure a top 2 finish.

He is a talent for sure..........and has a great outlook on family to boot.

I like their whole group.........and what a treat to watch him go off on the big touring guys when he can.

toyracer
05-30-2016, 07:21 PM
Word I heard was he spoke with Mark Richards after the crash @ Carolina that destroyed his Longhorn. Word was Mark wanted him in a Rocket & wal-lah he had a rocket couple of weeks later.

If he ordered 1 around x-mas it was kept a very good secret.

Barbecueboy
05-30-2016, 08:05 PM
Never said Mark wasn't a very smart guy!!

Chris is a prefect fit......and will deliver results........win win for everybody.

Except the competition.

Aces&Eights
05-30-2016, 11:47 PM
He ran the Warrior for 3 years. The Longhorn for 2 or atleast pretty close to that. He ran that Rocket for who knows how long. But it certainly wasn't a couple of months than it was out the door for the Warrior. I wouldn't consider that jumping around a lot.

How many ways you gonna split that hair? I never compared him to anyone else, but he does change brands an awful lot. Anybody know who builds this X1R thing, is it a Brian Grey knock off?

huskerdirt
05-31-2016, 01:01 AM
How many ways you gonna split that hair? I never compared him to anyone else, but he does change brands an awful lot. Anybody know who builds this X1R thing, is it a Brian Grey knock off?

I'm not splitting hairs and never said you compared him to anyone else. I took your opinion and compared it to what other guys have done to form my opinion. He's just got into his 4th chassis in about 8 years. Last month it would've been 3 in 8 years. Is that still an "awful lot" and "quite a bit"??? He is no where close to some guys.

I guess if you are gonna put him in the musical chassis game of changing an "awful lot" and "quite a bit". You can put Babb, Feger, ONeal, Owens, TMac, Jackson, Stovall, Chris Simpson, Shirley, Marler, Casebolt, Cook, Overton and basically just about halfway national name out there ahead of Ferguson. Heck many of these guys weren't in cars longer than a year. Some of them didn't even last more than few months. Birky has even switched cars more than he has and sat out a full year.

old fan
05-31-2016, 07:48 AM
And nothing wrong with that got be comfortable in the car

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-31-2016, 07:54 AM

This post is fairly accurate on ferguson

Barbecueboy
05-31-2016, 07:56 AM
I'm not splitting hairs and never said you compared him to anyone else. I took your opinion and compared it to what other guys have done to form my opinion. He's just got into his 4th chassis in about 8 years. Last month it would've been 3 in 8 years. Is that still an "awful lot" and "quite a bit"??? He is no where close to some guys.

I guess if you are gonna put him in the musical chassis game of changing an "awful lot" and "quite a bit". You can put Babb, Feger, ONeal, Owens, TMac, Jackson, Stovall, Chris Simpson, Shirley, Marler, Casebolt, Cook, Overton and basically just about halfway national name out there ahead of Ferguson. Heck many of these guys weren't in cars longer than a year. Some of them didn't even last more than few months. Birky has even switched cars more than he has and sat out a full year.

Wake us up before you go go...................#duncanbutterfly

Barbecueboy
05-31-2016, 07:57 AM
This post is fairly accurate on ferguson

And has been fast in every single one of them......

jog49
05-31-2016, 09:47 AM
Bending the subject a bit, isn't that new Rocket a pricey piece? I saw another, unverified quote that it was $35-45.000. depending on how equipped.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-31-2016, 09:50 AM
And has been fast in every single one of them......

Yes and has won a bunch in them also!

huskerdirt
05-31-2016, 10:37 AM
But Fergy he changes like most peeps change underwear, I mean wow!

I don't think most peeps wear the same under wear for several years at a time.

Barbecueboy
05-31-2016, 11:22 AM
Yes and has won a bunch in them also!

Sure has........and had Lady Luck been riding with him a little more , he would have a few more wins.

He is good people,his crew and family friendly when they aren't thrashing on the car or busy .........good story, hope fergy is wildly successful in the new piece.

Barbecueboy
05-31-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't think most peeps where the same the under wear for several years at a time.

You even edited this post???.........yikes.

Rubbinsracin1
05-31-2016, 01:03 PM
so the guy has a longhorn, wrecks it, buys a new one and now buys a new rocket? so much for all the underfunded talkIf you're questioning him being underfunded, take a step into his PULL BEHIND trailer he doesn't have a hauler like money guys do or anything with high technology and money

Barbecueboy
05-31-2016, 03:35 PM
Their team has always said, they don't have a lot of spare anything.........but the pieces they do have are very nice.

Makes the fergy story even better..........doing more with less and doing it quite nicely.

powerslide
05-31-2016, 04:20 PM
Their team has always said, they don't have a lot of spare anything.........but the pieces they do have are very nice.

Makes the fergy story even better..........doing more with less and doing it quite nicely.

yep a regional racer has no need to have those huge semi's. He's doing it right.

Barbecueboy
05-31-2016, 07:15 PM
yep a regional racer has no need to have those huge semi's. He's doing it right.

All that will come soon enough for them...........

MILLER7FAN
05-31-2016, 11:50 PM
If you're questioning him being underfunded, take a step into his PULL BEHIND trailer he doesn't have a hauler like money guys do or anything with high technology and moneyFergy and his family/crew are a class act, through and through! He has always been a class act at all times, always has time for fans. Oh and he is one heck of a wheel man, in whatever he is in. Keep up the solid runs and the wins will come, cant keep good people down long. here is also a photo of the inside of there car hauler

Snake X3
06-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know if Fergy bought a new Longhorn for 2016? I was pretty sure he had only one car last year and he wrecked that at the end of the season at County Line. I read that he sent that car to Longhorn for a new front clip over the winter, so I assume that was the car he ran at Speedweeks. I'm just wondering if he got a brand new Longhorn this season plus the XR1, which would give him 3 cars now...unless he sold off the 2015 Longhorn.

zyoung25
06-01-2016, 10:06 PM
The longhorn he wrecked a few weeks ago is the car he wrecked at county line, it was FUBAR after this last wreck, it was broke in half. The longhorn he got a few weeks ago is new. He only has 2 cars.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-01-2016, 11:31 PM
The longhorn he wrecked a few weeks ago is the car he wrecked at county line, it was FUBAR after this last wreck, it was broke in half. The longhorn he got a few weeks ago is new. He only has 2 cars.

That car that he wrecked at woo show at carolina, the chassis was bent not to there liking. Reason I say this is that it was sold to another team and repaired. Chris got a new chassis from longhorn in time for carolina clash race at cherokee in which he won. So now he has a longhorn & xr1.

Snake X3
06-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Thank you!

PushinTheLimit
06-02-2016, 08:26 AM
He might be underfunded compared to some of the race teams he runs against, but if you can buy two brand new chassis and run super late models... just my opinion, you are in no way "underfunded".

I'm not slamming him at all, and it's great that he is able to do more with less... clearly I must be doing something wrong cause I do well to afford to run crates only with one car and one motor. I would love to run supers, but I just don't see how some guys do it.

Barbecueboy
06-02-2016, 10:33 AM
He might be underfunded compared to some of the race teams he runs against, but if you can buy two brand new chassis and run super late models... just my opinion, you are in no way "underfunded".

I'm not slamming him at all, and it's great that he is able to do more with less... clearly I must be doing something wrong cause I do well to afford to run crates only with one car and one motor. I would love to run supers, but I just don't see how some guys do it.

Not saying you don't have this or do this already, but he also has an incredibly tenacious support staff around him that are a big help on and off the track I'm sure.

Chris is an extremely marketable guy, very level headed and can drive the crap out of a race car......that's a rare combination these days.

Sponsors notice that.

onlyfacts
06-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Not saying you don't have this or do this already, but he also has an incredibly tenacious support staff around him that are a big help on and off the track I'm sure. Chris is an extremely marketable guy, very level headed and can drive the crap out of a race car......that's a rare combination these days. Sponsors notice that. Marketability is most important especially when a guy is underfunded. Its easy to see why Chris is able to do what he does with out big funding. If more guys worked on being more marketable and their attitudes we would have more cars racing. And Chris does that very well. But with the attitude that guy has more than me an underfunded racer doesn't have a chance.

PushinTheLimit
06-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Not saying you don't have this or do this already, but he also has an incredibly tenacious support staff around him that are a big help on and off the track I'm sure.

Chris is an extremely marketable guy, very level headed and can drive the crap out of a race car......that's a rare combination these days.

Sponsors notice that.

Yeah, my support staff basically includes myself, my dad and my mom lol. But that's ok... I know and understand that kind of stuff comes with time and I'm still relatively new to late model racing.

It's good to see a guy like Chris doing what he does to give hope to guys like me that would like to get there someday.

tsand
06-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Also you would be surprised that when you start winning and running up front on the woolms and Lucas how much cheaper parts and pieces becomes available to you. This includes cars.

toyracer
06-02-2016, 07:35 PM
I hear that wrecked Longhorn ,that was sold or given to Chris's uncle Doug Sanders ,ended up being repaired @ Barry Wrights shop & Longhorn was not to happy about that.

Funny thing Jimmy Owens seems to be running better now lol.

Probably be a 3rd copy now. The BWXR2

Barbecueboy
06-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Yeah, my support staff basically includes myself, my dad and my mom lol. But that's ok... I know and understand that kind of stuff comes with time and I'm still relatively new to late model racing.

It's good to see a guy like Chris doing what he does to give hope to guys like me that would like to get there someday.

Chris was you ten years ago......keep diggin.

Barbecueboy
06-02-2016, 09:36 PM
I hear that wrecked Longhorn ,that was sold or given to Chris's uncle Doug Sanders ,ended up being repaired @ Barry Wrights shop & Longhorn was not to happy about that.

Funny thing Jimmy Owens seems to be running better now lol.

Probably be a 3rd copy now. The BWXR2

Imitation is the best form of flattery....

a25rjr
06-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Imitation is the best form of flattery....

And sometimes a faster way to success! lol

W2Racing09
06-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Why was nobody complaining so much when Club 29 copied Rocket? Or when Rayburn, Barry Wright, etc, etc were copied in the past? Hell I'm pretty sure the Orange front rocket is widely considered to be Bloomquist Copy/Very Similar. Yet nobody complained about that. I guess whatever Longhorn found was the most important thing ever and all of these other things that were copied in the past don't matter. They may have copied some stuff, but one thing is for sure, they certainly improved on it and at some point Longhorn will copy that improvement and so on and so on.

jog49
06-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Adam, of Adam and Eve fame, built the first tube frame late model. Everything since has been a copy, in the purest sense of the word. Tweeks, modifications, etc. do not constitute any sort of new design or redesign of what was first put on a dirt track by Bad Apple Racing.

zyoung25
06-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Why was nobody complaining so much when Club 29 copied Rocket?

Only thing copied off of rocket on these cars are the center section. I don't know where you were......everyone was complaining, and they were all wrong. I hope this part is sarcasm.

The rest I can't anwser for.

Bigracer93
06-03-2016, 10:05 AM
From what I've heard everything on a club car was the same as rocket except the RF. Apparently lanigan's RF had 2-3 more inches of travel in it than the rocket.

MI Dirt Fan
06-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Everything goes in phases. Remember when carrying the left front wheel was the "in" thing?

Snake X3
06-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Agreed. IMO there isn't enough of an edge for one chassis or another to prevent a good driver from winning. How a car is setup and tire choices make more of a difference. I'm not saying that one chassis brand or another can't come up with something that gives them a bit of an edge for a short period of time, but based on the stats I have compiled the driver and crew choices are the biggest influence on results.

dirtdobber45
06-03-2016, 03:51 PM
A lil of subject but...why didnt he run last nite when hes leading the Ultimate series points?

tsand
06-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Chris dad works and only have so much time off and he's taking off of work for eldora next week.

nuff said
06-03-2016, 04:39 PM
As far as which chassis is best the argument could and will go on forever.The best way I ever heard it put in perspective was with a group of travel ball players arguing over which bat was best,and the coach wisely said ''most of the time it's not the arrow getting the job done,it's the indian''.With racing sometimes there is more than 1 indian such as the crew chief.McDowell still runs very good in a Warrior and they are never mentioned by anyone anymore.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-03-2016, 08:15 PM
As far as which chassis is best the argument could and will go on forever.The best way I ever heard it put in perspective was with a group of travel ball players arguing over which bat was best,and the coach wisely said ''most of the time it's not the arrow getting the job done,it's the indian''.With racing sometimes there is more than 1 indian such as the crew chief.McDowell still runs very good in a Warrior and they are never mentioned by anyone anymore.If had to guess though, I'd say McDowell isn't running your standard Warrior. Just as Bloomer wasn't when he was in one.