PDA

View Full Version : clutch will not bleed

robbie124
06-05-2016, 01:04 AM
I have changed the line and I have been threw 3 or master cylinders this season alone I been getting about 2 weekends out of them. I have used dot 3 and dot 4. I have took trans apart and checked slave cylinder or plunger. And I about ready to give up over it. Clutch pulled really good when u can get a pedal I don't over use it and I always winch in and out of the trailer. I don't belive the problem has anything to do with the transmission it's self it just don't seem to be getting pressure to the line. Like it just won't bleed I have had 2 Tilton 3/4s a Tilton 7/8 a wildwood 3/4 and now a us break the race shop can't keep them in stock for me fast enough in don't even really know if that is even the problem I just keep changing them bleed for 2 or 3 days and I can get a pedal..... what am I missing here... thanks in advance

thinkstomuch
06-08-2016, 07:00 AM
so are you saying you've never got it to bleed ? or you get it bled and then it returns to a soft pedal after some use?

Confused?
06-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Does the line have a loop above the master cylinder? That's kind of what it sounds like. If that is the case, it's creating an air pocket that won't go away

thinkstomuch
06-08-2016, 10:48 AM
agree with confused? - there are a royal b!tch to bleed anyway. I typically use two different lines with the break being just as it goes through the side of the firewall and down. Then I bleed it at this point and at the trans

Racer111
06-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Try reverse bleeding also try pushing pedal down slowly crack bleeder and close it before pedal stops.

noral54
06-09-2016, 06:26 AM
I have changed the line and I have been threw 3 or master cylinders this season alone I been getting about 2 weekends out of them. I have used dot 3 and dot 4. I have took trans apart and checked slave cylinder or plunger. And I about ready to give up over it. Clutch pulled really good when u can get a pedal I don't over use it and I always winch in and out of the trailer. I don't belive the problem has anything to do with the transmission it's self it just don't seem to be getting pressure to the line. Like it just won't bleed I have had 2 Tilton 3/4s a Tilton 7/8 a wildwood 3/4 and now a us break the race shop can't keep them in stock for me fast enough in don't even really know if that is even the problem I just keep changing them bleed for 2 or 3 days and I can get a pedal..... what am I missing here... thanks in advance

have some hold the clutch peddle down,, use a vacuum bleeder at the trans and pull the fluid threw , when you get a pretty good flow of fluid close the bleeder,, pump peddle a couple of tmes with bleeder closed , you should be good to go