PDA

View Full Version : Wet Sump Motor

BEracing73
06-06-2016, 05:39 AM
I wanna swap my dry sump motor to a wet sump motor. Anyone running wet sumps in their Late Models? I'm curious what I should look for in an oil pan. Kickouts, windage trays, how deep, brands?

keeks
06-06-2016, 07:44 AM
I wanna swap my dry sump motor to a wet sump motor. Anyone running wet sumps in their Late Models? I'm curious what I should look for in an oil pan. Kickouts, windage trays, how deep, brands?

If I did this again I would go with the Procam pan from baker engineering. p/n 9137
6.5" or 7" deep depending on the setup. I went with a Kevko pan and wasn't impressed with the quality of the pan rails. Looked like it had been beat up before I got it and it was brand new.

powerslide
06-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Get a dan Olson big box pan.

BEracing73
06-06-2016, 06:50 PM
I have an older updated Mastersbilt Chassis, I don't have the raised front cross member but I don't believe the Mastersbilts roll over on the RF a whole lot. Is there anything else special I should look for in a pan, single or dual kickouts or windage trays. I know I'm gonna lose HP but I'd like to salvage as much as possible.

zeroracing
06-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Depending on how you run the motor in the car may determine your pan choice. For example I like to run my motor to the left sometimes, a left side kick out in my car will contact the frame rail, so I have to run a right side kick out only. The other issue that you may run into is depending on how close your motor and your rack are you may have clearance issues on your steering shaft and front left corner of the pan. I have a kevko (the good one they have) on my current wet sump motor. If I had the extra cash by far I would get a Doug Lee pro pan, propan.net They have pans that are NICE. I called to ask about one and left a message he called me back 3 times until he got ahold of me on the weekend and answered my questions. Great guy and great products. I will have one on my next motor.

BEracing73
06-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Very nice! I'll check all three of those guys out, thanks guys!