PDA

View Full Version : Colton Flinner?

Drop Shock
06-08-2016, 01:25 PM
Anybody know his story, never heard his name until this year. I saw where he had a small hauler at Atomic this year, but is running the whole tour. Seems like he gets a provisional every night, how does that work? Also seems like he's always in Bloomquist's way late in races a lot.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Hes a jam car!

Josh Bayko
06-08-2016, 02:01 PM
He was a pretty good crate racer and won a fair amount of races until a couple years back, then he moved up to supers and ran in western PA. He is/was competitive locally, but still a pretty big step down from the other top guys in the region. It was very surprising when he hopped out on tour, but it should make him a much better regional racer in the long run.

jlacey
06-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Yeah i was suprised when i saw him in Ocala for the Lucas race in Feb. Was a fan of his dad back in the day when he ran the d11. I know his old man has a decal/lettering business, not sure who else has $ involved but seems to be enough to keep him on tour to get experience

Josh Bayko
06-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Yeah i was suprised when i saw him in Ocala for the Lucas race in Feb. Was a fan of his dad back in the day when he ran the d11. I know his old man has a decal/lettering business, not sure who else has $ involved but seems to be enough to keep him on tour to get experience

He's not John Flinner's kid. He's a nephew.

jlacey
06-08-2016, 08:15 PM
My mistake. I always assumed it was his kid

Josh Bayko
06-08-2016, 09:59 PM
My mistake. I always assumed it was his kid

I thought that when he first started racing, too.

jlacey
06-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Yeah i never really looked into it much and ive never been to ppms or Lernerville, so the 1st time seeing him in person was the world finals last year. Just started seeing Colton's name showing up more in the results and John's name less and less. So just assumed it was his kid and he was helping him out. Either way i hope it works out for him.

Josh Bayko
06-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Yeah i never really looked into it much and ive never been to ppms or Lernerville, so the 1st time seeing him in person was the world finals last year. Just started seeing Colton's name showing up more in the results and John's name less and less. So just assumed it was his kid and he was helping him out. Either way i hope it works out for him.

John still races sometimes at Lernerville and PPMS. He's not a full time regular at either track, but he runs a fair amount of shows. He did take a year off a few years back.

BIGSTEVE00
06-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Getting out on the road and getting that experience will help him as a driver and a team. I like seeing new drivers step up. I'm thinking he's getting a provisional every night because he's running for ROTY and most of the other LOLMDS cars make the race thru the prelims. I give him props because it couldn't be an easy decision to run a regional series. Especially if he just moved up to supers. I hope it all works for him.