PDA

View Full Version : Sad news about Billy Moyer

spikelee88
06-08-2016, 08:41 PM
I hate to post this thread about Billy Moyer seeing how he is one of my top 3 most favorite driver ever but per Billy's Facebook he has said this is 99% sure this will be his last dream 100 seems like father time has caught up to another legend and pioneer of the sport

bonz45
06-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Sad news indeed, however, very relieved it was not devastating news...almost expected the worst with the headline.....

old fan
06-08-2016, 09:28 PM
I wonder if I he will change his mind if he has a great weekend , or it could his new adventure is taking more of his time

GEAR_HEAD
06-08-2016, 09:39 PM
That's great news...less whining about track conditions, formats that make him pass people (gasp!), etc.

huskerdirt
06-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Technically he's "semi retired" already. So this isn't really shocking. Honestly at this time last year. I thought it would've been his last anyway.

He had a good run.

huskerdirt
06-08-2016, 09:43 PM
That's great news...less whining about track conditions, formats that make him pass people (gasp!), etc.

Yet he still enters passing point races.

He complains about formats and track conditions just as much as everybody else. And it goes virtually unnoticed.

kidrock
06-08-2016, 09:46 PM

Your talking about 80% of the drivers nowadays

waaac77
06-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Horrible headline.

He's one of the best in the sport ever and hate to see him go

Dirt Draggin
06-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Talk about whining GEAR_HEAD are you a real race fan? Seems like you're the 1st one to badmouth Billy Moyer whenever you can-that's real whining!

GEAR_HEAD
06-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Talk about whining GEAR_HEAD are you a real race fan? Seems like you're the 1st one to badmouth Billy Moyer whenever you can-that's real whining!

Moyer whines constantly so I'm not a real race fan? There's some great logic there, as if his whining is my fault.

Dirt Draggin
06-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Moyer whines constantly? You must have a serious hard-on for another driver! You couldn't back that statement up,so try to say something positive for a change.

Drop Shock
06-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Moyer whines constantly so I'm not a real race fan? There's some great logic there, as if his whining is my fault.

These guys put food on the table racing these cars. They have all the right in the world to be upset about poor track conditions and poor formats.

TerryM
06-08-2016, 10:54 PM
The headline made me nervous. Glad it isn't health related. First Donnie Moran and now Billy Moyer. The legends I grew up cheering for are one by one stepping away from the game. Sad times indeed.

spikelee88
06-08-2016, 11:19 PM
Sorry guys about the way I stayed the thread but to me it is sad news I grew up watching him and many of the other great racers that made this sport what it is today

GEAR_HEAD
06-09-2016, 01:49 AM
Moyer whines constantly? You must have a serious hard-on for another driver! You couldn't back that statement up,so try to say something positive for a change.

I can back it up, just watch one of his many whining interviews on DoD. He whines about pill draws and whines about tracks being too fast. Just stating facts. I like 95% of the drivers out there, but the whiners like Moyer and Clanton that want everything handed to them and don't give a crap about the fans that spend their hard earned money to see passing will not be missed. His son is a chip off the old block too with his statements about how us fans should pay his racing bills since it's such an honor to watch him race. Again, these are facts, not opinions.

Dirt Draggin
06-09-2016, 08:29 AM
And now you're WHINING about his son,too? You might as well name the rest of the whiners,too,since Moyer and Clanton hardly make up the other 5% of the drivers out there? You can't back up anything! I really like the one you mentioned where he complains about tracks being too fast. 800+ wins and he's afraid of speed? Really? Good Lord GearHead it's time for you to change gears-I recommend a quick change for you ASAP!

Bubstr
06-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Everything has a life cycle, even racing careers. I can remember when Billy sr was the silver spoon brat that got supported by his dad, just like Bobby Pierce today. It's funny how things change and still stay the same. There was haters and fans back then also.

edavis71
06-09-2016, 09:24 AM
I can back it up, just watch one of his many whining interviews on DoD. He whines about pill draws and whines about tracks being too fast. Just stating facts. I like 95% of the drivers out there, but the whiners like Moyer and Clanton that want everything handed to them and don't give a crap about the fans that spend their hard earned money to see passing will not be missed. His son is a chip off the old block too with his statements about how us fans should pay his racing bills since it's such an honor to watch him race. Again, these are facts, not opinions.

Who are your favorite drivers??? I bet they whine too, hell, all of them do from time to time!!!

TackyTracker
06-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Well Saturday should be real emotional for Billy... Hope he makes the show and does well

waaac77
06-09-2016, 10:44 AM
Bloomer is also considered a whiner too. So the two best in the sport are both whiners... hmmm.

It's pretty clear that GearHead is the whiner not Moyer. I think he's also a bit jealous

oldfart50
06-09-2016, 12:44 PM
I guess if Walmart paid better you wouldn't be so upset...

zyoung25
06-09-2016, 12:55 PM
The headline made me nervous. Glad it isn't health related. First Donnie Moran and now Billy Moyer. The legends I grew up cheering for are one by one stepping away from the game. Sad times indeed.

This is the way I look at it. A big loss for the sport IMO. Makes ya wonder how much longer Bloomquist will keep it up?

kd1
06-09-2016, 12:55 PM
A race car driver that complains? ...surely that can't be possible.

GEAR_HEAD
06-09-2016, 01:01 PM
And now you're WHINING about his son,too? You might as well name the rest of the whiners,too,since Moyer and Clanton hardly make up the other 5% of the drivers out there? You can't back up anything! I really like the one you mentioned where he complains about tracks being too fast. 800+ wins and he's afraid of speed? Really? Good Lord GearHead it's time for you to change gears-I recommend a quick change for you ASAP!

Fact - Moyer complained about the track at Atomic being too fast so they canceled the show back in 2013. You can't dispute facts. I'm sorry you can't handle the truth.

GEAR_HEAD
06-09-2016, 01:04 PM
A race car driver that complains? ...surely that can't be possible.

Dirt Draggin doesn't think so. Drivers complain all the time, but there are about 5% of them that don't care about the fans seeing a good show at all and they just want their racing to be as easy as possible. Those are the ones that irritate me.

Barbecueboy
06-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Some people are just hard to like............and for whatever reason, for me, Billy is one of those guys.

Barbecueboy
06-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Dirt Draggin doesn't think so. Drivers complain all the time, but there are about 5% of them that don't care about the fans seeing a good show at all and they just want their racing to be as easy as possible. Those are the ones that irritate me.

I read in one post that they all complain just as much as Billy does but that it all goes unnoticed...............yeah, I know......preposterous right?

Cardirt0
06-09-2016, 01:56 PM
I like to watch Moyer race .. The best one is where he is pasted in the last lap in turn 4 and loses......

Dirt Draggin
06-09-2016, 02:02 PM
GEAR-HEAD,you just don't understand what is truth and what is made-up conjecture to fit your mentality! You had to go back 3 yrs to accuse Moyer(all by himself-no other driver had any input?) that the track was too fast? You can't prove that was the case,again,you are just spewing crap.It has nothing to do with the truth-It's only your biased opinion of someone you dislike! Just because you put "FACT" in front of your sentence does not hold any water. And you conveniently avoided any of your hypothetical 5% that whine? Might as well name them,I'm sure people on here would like to be informed by you(not)! Fact: I'm 66 yrs old,I have been a dirt tracker for 50+ yrs,I have learned that nobody is near perfect,I like everything about dirt racing,but don't try to blow smoke(or anything else) up my ass! I have earned the right to say" been there-done that".

Dirt Draggin
06-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Cardiodirt- Those turn 4 passes are definitely the best to watch! Yes,even HOF's get passed once in a while on the last lap.My favorite was Birky/Bloomer pass(es) Big E and Knoxville!

zach51
06-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Is it still whining if you are right about what you are whining about?

If he says the track was chit, and it was chit, that isn't quite the same as whining.

With that being said, I cannot stand guys complaining about lapped cars.

TackyTracker
06-09-2016, 04:17 PM
doesn't someone who has won 800+ times have the right to be a voice that tracks/promoters better listen to???

huskerdirt
06-09-2016, 04:20 PM

If he says the track was chit, and it was chit, that isn't quite the same as whining.

Right. I've heard Moyer complain about track conditions numerous times. I've also heard drivers from the same race complain about it too. Yet, there is a 6 page thread about Moyers comment and nothing on what the other guys said.

Chris Brown threw Lucas Oil Speedway under the bus 2 weeks ago and not a word was mentioned on here.

So when I say the what other drivers say go unnoticed.... This is exactly what I mean.

Bubstr
06-09-2016, 04:29 PM

Good points, Zach. You must be talking about the leaders that expect a red carpet pull to the side, even if running for position.

Clayton_Wetter
06-09-2016, 05:39 PM

He beat me to it. Dang it. :)

Clayton_Wetter
06-09-2016, 05:43 PM
doesn't someone who has won 800+ times have the right to be a voice that tracks/promoters better listen to???

Not really. Why should that give him the right to dictate track prep and conditions to his favor? too much cushion or traction and I'll WAAAAAAAA!!!! :)

Clayton_Wetter
06-09-2016, 05:51 PM

It's not at all about being worried about speed. In reality, it's the fact that he knows that his slick track advantages will be taken away and that he will have to actually race the whole field including the locals. Sorry but there were plenty of rumors about special tires in the past.

Clayton_Wetter
06-09-2016, 05:54 PM

You are correct, I agree 100%.

old fan
06-09-2016, 05:58 PM
or can 't show up in time

Clayton_Wetter
06-09-2016, 06:01 PM
or can 't show up in time

https://youtu.be/PAzbYVSqY3k

old fan
06-09-2016, 06:08 PM
you looked real good in the video clayton have you lost some weight

Dirt Draggin
06-09-2016, 08:22 PM
old fan,it looks like ol clayton lost about 25lb. Hee Haw!

old fan
06-09-2016, 08:36 PM
yeah and it stinks

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-09-2016, 08:43 PM
This is the way I look at it. A big loss for the sport IMO. Makes ya wonder how much longer Bloomquist will keep it up?

Hes on his way out. Cant ya tell w his lateness and no shows

plunks7
06-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Depends how you look at it (your lead post). If your a fan, yes. If your not, Great. No fan on this end. Never am, Never will be. JMHO
I know for a fact last year before Knoxville he decided to go practice at a track about 30 minutes away. And unload his car to load it back up, when Matt Furman wrecked his car. He said the track was to fast!!!! I was jumping for joy when he said he was retiring. And to see him at Eldora again just pisses me off. I know 800 wins is a lot, but how many of them 800 did he Cherry Pick?

plunks7
06-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Hes on his way out. Cant ya tell w his lateness and no shows

He has been doing this all his life. Not even close to stepping out!!!!!

GEAR_HEAD
06-09-2016, 10:52 PM
I know for a fact last year before Knoxville he decided to go practice at a track about 30 minutes away. And unload his car to load it back up, when Matt Furman wrecked his car. He said the track was to fast!!!! I was jumping for joy when he said he was retiring. And to see him at Eldora again just pisses me off. I know 800 wins is a lot, but how many of them 800 did he Cherry Pick?

Nope, according to Dirt Draggin he's never said those words! Not only how many of those did he cherry pick, but how many of those wins did he get without having to pass a single car? He doesn't deserve to be mentioned with guys like Bob Wearing who won many pill draw shows and were never afraid to go fast and pass cars.

plunks7
06-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Nope, according to Dirt Draggin he's never said those words! Not only how many of those did he cherry pick, but how many of those wins did he get without having to pass a single car? He doesn't deserve to be mentioned with guys like Bob Wearing who won many pill draw shows and were never afraid to go fast and pass cars.

I also know for a fact, after last year at Cedar Lake Nationals. He was to show up and confirmed he was going to show up for a MLRA race for Tuesday at Farley Speedway. I talked to Billy and he said he was not going. The reason Billy gave me was, he didn't like their format. I called our track announcer Jerry Mackey (Mac) and he couldn't believe he was not showing up. Tuesday came and no Moyer.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-09-2016, 11:31 PM
He has been doing this all his life. Not even close to stepping out!!!!!

If he keeps showing up like he does and doing his stunts like he did tonight and previous races then not make the feature hell b done. Mark my word.

GEAR_HEAD
06-10-2016, 12:21 AM
I also know for a fact, after last year at Cedar Lake Nationals. He was to show up and confirmed he was going to show up for a MLRA race for Tuesday at Farley Speedway. I talked to Billy and he said he was not going. The reason Billy gave me was, he didn't like their format. I called our track announcer Jerry Mackey (Mac) and he couldn't believe he was not showing up. Tuesday came and no Moyer.

That's because he expects everybody to cater to him like the NDRL always did. I flew out to Arizona to see pill draw heat races and after one night of whining they changed the format for him.

huskerdirt
06-10-2016, 02:01 AM
Depends how you look at it (your lead post). If your a fan, yes. If your not, Great. No fan on this end. Never am, Never will be. JMHO

It was a flipping practice night. IIRC, it was after Furmans wreck they decided that was enough. FWIW, the Moyers raced the next 3 nights. Furman did not.

I also know for a fact that Moyer raced the night before and won. Then he took a few days off and went over to the CBC races that weekend. All 3 were passing point races. If I were to guess he didn't show up at Farley because of the POS track conditions that existed for the summer nationals race earlier in the summer.

I like you Plunks.... But come on man!!!

waaac77
06-10-2016, 06:08 AM
You guys are complete idiots. Just gotta laugh at this thread

Barbecueboy
06-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Right. I've heard Moyer complain about track conditions numerous times. I've also heard drivers from the same race complain about it too. Yet, there is a 6 page thread about Moyers comment and nothing on what the other guys said.

Chris Brown threw Lucas Oil Speedway under the bus 2 weeks ago and not a word was mentioned on here.

So when I say the what other drivers say go unnoticed.... This is exactly what I mean.

You didn't just say " others" .....you said Everybody........which is just not true.

Barbecueboy
06-10-2016, 09:25 AM
Yet he still enters passing point races.

He complains about formats and track conditions just as much as everybody else. And it goes virtually unnoticed.

" as much as everybody else"................simply not even close.

Barbecueboy
06-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Fwiw, the interviews last night with him were great.........kinda nice to see from him.

Clayton_Wetter
06-10-2016, 02:59 PM

A ton of them unsanctioned 3 to 5 thousand to win races for sure.

Clayton_Wetter
06-10-2016, 03:04 PM
yeah and it stinks

Come on old fag. Trying to deflect from your own stink again??? :)

Clayton_Wetter
06-10-2016, 03:06 PM
old fan,it looks like ol clayton lost about 25lb. Hee Haw!

:):):):)..

plunks7
06-10-2016, 09:56 PM
It was a flipping practice night. IIRC, it was after Furmans wreck they decided that was enough. FWIW, the Moyers raced the next 3 nights. Furman did not.

I also know for a fact that Moyer raced the night before and won. Then he took a few days off and went over to the CBC races that weekend. All 3 were passing point races. If I were to guess he didn't show up at Farley because of the POS track conditions that existed for the summer nationals race earlier in the summer.

I like you Plunks.... But come on man!!!

I got it straight from the horses mouth. Billy himself!!!!! On both occasions.

plunks7
06-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Huskerdirt you like him and I'm okay with that. I just plain don't.

huskerdirt
06-11-2016, 03:00 AM
Huskerdirt you like him and I'm okay with that. I just plain don't.

You and I have had these discussions. I get why people don't like him. Most fans either like Bloomer or Moyer, but not both. Sometimes I think the stuff people pick on the Moyers for is petty most of the time(samething with Bloomer). I respect both Moyer and Bloomer, but Im not a fan boy of either. I don't even own Moyer t shirt.

Josh Bayko
06-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Worst thread title ever.

Krooser
06-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Here's how to b*tch...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_UbhlsD4NU

Aces&Eights
06-11-2016, 01:03 PM
I hate to post this thread about Billy Moyer seeing how he is one of my top 3 most favorite driver ever but per Billy's Facebook he has said this is 99% sure this will be his last dream 100 seems like father time has caught up to another legend and pioneer of the sport
I don't think its father time, he's still got it. I think its more of a question of cost/reward and desire. He probably has more races under his belt than the next 2 best drivers combined, including Bloomquist. Not just wins, but actual races run. I think he's kinda burned out, not to mention personal toll away from track. He has nothing left to prove.