PDA

View Full Version : Bogus Cautions

NormP
06-11-2016, 11:12 PM
If you stop on the track to draw a caution then immediately drive to the pits you should be parked or at least put a lap down.

Half the race tonight was idiots stopping so they could run in and change a tire or check something on the car.

One guy stayed on the track for 100 laps and finished the race with an almost brand new looking car with the original tires, and he deserved every bit of the money and recognition he won tonight.

WWilliams52
06-11-2016, 11:15 PM
He still won, stop crying.

kidrock
06-11-2016, 11:17 PM

But, he's right.

WWilliams52
06-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Had it altered the outcome, yes JD should have definitely been penalized. But the two best cars finished 1st and 2nd and it was one hell of a race. 100k on the line everyone out there was going to try everything they can to win. Not saying that it was right.

kidrock
06-11-2016, 11:27 PM
Had it altered the outcome, yes JD should have definitely been penalized. But the two best cars finished 1st and 2nd and it was one hell of a race. 100k on the line everyone out there was going to try everything they can to win. Not saying that it was right.

I mean that kind of stuff has been going on for a long time now.

WWilliams52
06-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Can't argue with that, a rule definitely needs to be implemented. I personally don't believe teams should be allowed to come in and change tires. Body work? Yes. But until there is a rule about it, we are stuck with it. Luckily tonight JD used up his tires and Erb still got the W.

427c.i.
06-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Kinda like when Bloomer has a bad night and goes into testing mode. I think there should be a rule about only one trip to the hot pit, after that... park it.

Dirt Racing #1
06-11-2016, 11:37 PM
Jd used his tires up. Plus he hit the wall hard a few times. Didn't help any

NormP
06-11-2016, 11:42 PM

So you agree with me, but I'm crying....

I see logic is not your bailiwick.

And of course Erb won. That was my whole point. He didn't need any tricks to do it.

Maybe leave the conversation to the adults next time.

WWilliams52
06-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Logic? I guess. Really I am just tired of seeing pessimistic complainers after a good race. Every race has its flaw, if you don't know that by now hold ALT + F4 and try again some other time. You just earned so many cool guy points for being an "adult" on a forum. One day I might be lucky to be like you.

Snake X3
06-11-2016, 11:52 PM
I was really disappointed with the cautions. Reading the race report on DoD I *think* the only caution for a car stopping on the track was for JD. All of the other cautions were for debris or wrecks. It seemed to me that there were more cautions for guys stopping on the track than just JD, but I could be wrong since I had to rely on the announcers for my info. Regardless of how many times there was a caution for someone stopping on the track, one is one too many.

waaac77
06-12-2016, 08:09 AM
It is out of control and something needs to be done. It's not just the big races it every single night even locally.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Kinda like when Bloomer has a bad night and goes into testing mode. I think there should be a rule about only one trip to the hot pit, after that... park it.If the cautions aren't for him, then it shouldn't matter. But if he's intentionally stopping, then going to tweak the car, yes.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2016, 08:17 AM
If you stop on the track to draw a caution then immediately drive to the pits you should be parked or at least put a lap down.

Half the race tonight was idiots stopping so they could run in and change a tire or check something on the car.

One guy stayed on the track for 100 laps and finished the race with an almost brand new looking car with the original tires, and he deserved every bit of the money and recognition he won tonight.I agree, but they are put to the tail, so that kinda is a penalty.

Oh, and quit your whining Norm;). Yes, I'm jk.

NormP
06-12-2016, 08:34 AM
Apparently I'm not the only one "whining" about it lol, but like he said one day he might be lucky to be like me. Although I doubt it.

I think even the drivers were confused about Landers on that last one. Even Richards said he didn't know what that was about.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Apparently I'm not the only one "whining" about it lol, but like he said one day he might be lucky to be like me. Although I doubt it.

I think even the drivers were confused about Landers on that last one. Even Richards said he didn't know what that was about.Honestly, I didn't see Landers deal, DoD didn't show it, and I shoulda paid attention to CIRF's link;). To get the PPV for free. My TV in bedroom is WIFI, one in living room, I've never bought the network adaptor for.

I thought Landers just had a chubby for JD and drove him hard when he was having trouble. But evidently, sounds like he just gets pi$$ed and frustrated, and drives whoever sh!tty. I mean you're going a lap down, hold a line, cut the leaders a break. Because you'd expect that in return.

slmcrewchief99
06-12-2016, 09:32 AM
I know it's Eldora and things may get done a bit different there but how do you through a caution flag after the white. And on top of that, the leader is coming off 4 to the checkerd. I don't understand that at all.

zyoung25
06-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Anyone else see the race monitor showed 101 laps completed? That was a messed up deal at the end. Erb was in the middle of 3&4, and then they add a lap, insteam of going back to 99. I know JD had knocked the mud cap off and filled the wheel full dirt/mud. As for why anyone else stopped....not sure.

CIRF
06-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Honestly, I didn't see Landers deal, DoD didn't show it, and I shoulda paid attention to CIRF's link;).

I didn't post a link of any kind.

kidrock
06-12-2016, 09:49 AM
I know it's Eldora and things may get done a bit different there but how do you through a caution flag after the white. And on top of that, the leader is coming off 4 to the checkerd. I don't understand that at all.

Yeah I expected to see the checkered flag and yellow flag at the same time

jr29
06-12-2016, 09:50 AM
I believe Scott James stopped to get a yellow in his heat. Feel free to correct me if that wasn't the case.
Stopping on the track to bring out a caution is something that mini stock and street stock guys at your local track do. (No offense to them. I used to be a street stock guy) Elite drivers on an elite stage shouldn't be doing it. Nascar doesn't put up with it which is one thing they get right.

bushwood_metal422
06-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Couldn't believe they threw the last caution with Erb coming off of 4....everyone had cleared Landers in 2 and the race woulda been over so there were no concerns about racing back into that turn.

old fan
06-12-2016, 10:58 AM
this ain't NASCAR KID ROCK

kazual
06-12-2016, 11:07 AM
With Richards having shown he was better after a caution it looked sketchy for Erb with the late caution, smart move as it turned out making the 1 car go to the inside.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2016, 11:59 AM
I didn't post a link of any kind.Sorry CIRF, I seen I thought you had mentioned it. But I didn't click on it.

ASS-U-ME;). Sorry again.

MI Dirt Fan
06-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Sorry CIRF, I seen I thought you had mentioned it. But I didn't click on it.

ASS-U-ME;). Sorry again.

I saw it posted by him

kidrock
06-12-2016, 12:12 PM
I saw it posted by him

No CIRF only asked if there was a free site. He never posted the free site someone else.

kidrock
06-12-2016, 12:23 PM
this ain't NASCAR KID ROCK

I don't remember saying it was and besides I never started the thread so, not sure where you coming from but, what's new lol

Nasty55
06-12-2016, 02:14 PM
I saw it posted by him

He Posted a question Moron!! He never once posted a link to free video of the dream so dont say you seen something that wasnt there just to try to start more sh!t!!

MI Dirt Fan
06-12-2016, 02:28 PM
Yay. I have a stalker now. Keep talkin' sh!t behind a forum name. That's all your good for. You must be proud.

70satomic
06-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Judging just from the pictures on DOD the place looked like a DUST BOWL! !!

old fan
06-12-2016, 06:23 PM
I take it you never been there

kidrock
06-12-2016, 06:31 PM
I take it you never been there

What's that got anything to do with what he said. He said it looked like a dust bowl and it does on the video from where they were shooting from.

old fan
06-12-2016, 07:06 PM
its always a dust bowl there I take it you never been there either that is not black gumbo or red clay but some white earth of some sort , every time I 've been there its been dusty and that was from 1992 to 2009

kidrock
06-12-2016, 08:12 PM
its always a dust bowl there I take it you never been there either that is not black gumbo or red clay but some white earth of some sort , every time I 've been there its been dusty and that was from 1992 to 2009

No I have never been there. Might go sometime though. Sometimes it looks worse on the video then it really is in person but, others have said its been pretty dusty.

dirt crow
06-12-2016, 08:20 PM
They should go a lap down for purposely stopping the show

dirt crow
06-12-2016, 08:24 PM

It was never dusty like now under Earl or Tony's first 4-5 years. Now, it's pathetic.

old fan
06-12-2016, 08:28 PM
I will see this september

ptown
06-12-2016, 09:23 PM
They should go a lap down for purposely stopping the show

Absolutely agree, go get your new tire you are now a lap down and there are no lucky dogs.

old fan
06-12-2016, 10:20 PM
No I have never been there. Might go sometime though. Sometimes it looks worse on the video then it really is in person but, others have said its been pretty dusty. 3 and 4 has always been bad

CIRF
06-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Sorry CIRF, I seen I thought you had mentioned it. But I didn't click on it.

ASS-U-ME;). Sorry again.No problem cnbf. I knew it was an honest mix up. No apology necessary.

I saw it posted by himNo, you didn't see it because I didn't post a link.

He Posted a question Moron!! He never once posted a link to free video of the dream so dont say you seen something that wasnt there just to try to start more sh!t!!Can't say it more clearly than that! LOL! Thanks for setting the record straight, Nasty.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Jd didnt bring out caution just to change tire. The Car broke

a25rjr
06-13-2016, 04:11 PM
Couldn't believe they threw the last caution with Erb coming off of 4....everyone had cleared Landers in 2 and the race woulda been over so there were no concerns about racing back into that turn.

That's how I saw it too. I thought, uh oh, if Erb doesn't win it. Im glad he pulled it off.

That has to be one of the worst calls ever. Reminded me of nascar.

ptown
06-13-2016, 04:21 PM

Nothing broke, he said in his post race interview he had mud packed in his right rear wheel.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-13-2016, 04:31 PM

What did they fix so fast?

a25rjr
06-13-2016, 04:52 PM
What did they fix so fast?
Looked to me, ole Rumley had a 3/4inch socket and ratchet and 3/4 inch wrench in his hand. I wonder what he was doing with that? I don't think that was tire tools! LOL

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Looked to me, ole Rumley had a 3/4inch socket and ratchet and 3/4 inch wrench in his hand. I wonder what he was doing with that? I don't think that was tire tools! LOL

Whatever. I know the facts. just that you cant accept your boy dnt make it.

A25 you got all the answers on 4m. You are the 4M WIZZARD in your eyes.

davis2902
06-13-2016, 05:21 PM
WTH does it matter? Every race has someone that stops on the track to draw the caution. It has been like that forever and will never change.

jr29
06-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Nothing broke, he said in his post race interview he had mud packed in his right rear wheel.

Yes he did.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Bloomer crew threw a screwdriver for bogus caution!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2016, 05:36 PM

The car broke in rear

Highside Hustler25
06-13-2016, 05:58 PM
WTH does it matter? Every race has someone that stops on the track to draw the caution. It has been like that forever and will never change.

Exactly. It's in the rule book folks. No need to point fingers at anyone.

...Any car that stops on the track, during racing, during a start or restart to cause a caution, will go to the rear of the field. If it's in the rules, why not take advantage of it?

a25rjr
06-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Whatever. I know the facts. just that you cant accept your boy dnt make it.

A25 you got all the answers on 4m. You are the 4M WIZZARD in your eyes.

blah, blah, blah Nothing wrong with taking advantage of the rules, I got no problem with that. Essex said several times, that there would be no courtesy laps. It seemed to me, there were a lot of extra caution laps.

powerslide
06-13-2016, 06:21 PM

Video evidence says otherwise. Wheel cover appeared to be still intact. JD i have two shirts and a hat. Come up with a better lie next time.

powerslide
06-13-2016, 06:24 PM

May of let some chain out? Thing looked like it was really standing up after that pit stop. Did they change 1 or 2 tires?

Alex#242
06-13-2016, 06:40 PM
I like several people definitely think the last caution was bogus erb was coming out of turn 4 almost before the caution was even thrown definitely should have been checkers in my eyes. What happened between richards and landers I was watching but couldn't really tell what happened?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2016, 06:43 PM
May of let some chain out? Thing looked like it was really standing up after that pit stop. Did they change 1 or 2 tires?

The chain broke. Dk how many tires they put on. I would say 1 tire