PDA

View Full Version : Richards v Landers?

Snake X3
06-12-2016, 12:16 PM
I read in Kevin Kovac's article on DoD that Jared Landers admitted that he tried to wreck Josh out on that final caution. What the heck? I've trashed Josh a lot for racing dirty and Jared says it was payback, but that BS could have cost Erb the race. Totally uncool.

Snake X3
06-12-2016, 12:39 PM
I thought I remembered Richards and Landers going at it earlier in the season. I just went back and looked at the Duck River race in April and they got together there. From the video it looked like Landers was trying to spin him out, but in the post race when Shelton asked him about it he didn't seem to even know who it was that was trying to wreck him or why. I'd really like to know what Jared's beef is with him. Maybe it started that night at Duck River, earlier at Speedweeks or even last season.

tiger
06-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Jared better watch it, his dad threatened to send the car home because of his overly aggressive driving after night 1 at the Show-Me.

He'll be lucky if his old man doesn't pull the plug for real.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-12-2016, 01:02 PM
I figured it was the 6 that needed to be careful lapping him.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2016, 01:14 PM
I read in Kevin Kovac's article on DoD that Jared Landers admitted that he tried to wreck Josh out on that final caution. What the heck? I've trashed Josh a lot for racing dirty and Jared says it was payback, but that BS could have cost Erb the race. Totally uncool.I didn't see what it was over either. But for Jared to b!tch about aggressive driving. Has he toned it down a bunch, yeah, but he has spurts. At Atomic he ran JD very hard when he was being lapped, so who knows what him an Josh got into. What DoD showed, granted it's not everything, but I seen good, clean racing, by all.

cutman
06-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Landers is a d bag for trying to pull that with 1 to go being lapped. Like an earlier post said, could of cost Erb who had nothing to do with whatever dumb beef Landers has

dirt junkie
06-12-2016, 02:11 PM
Dumb redneck is a hard thing to overcome....

Nasty55
06-12-2016, 02:19 PM
I didn't see what it was over either. But for Jared to b!tch about aggressive driving. Has he toned it down a bunch, yeah, but he has spurts. At Atomic he ran JD very hard when he was being lapped, so who knows what him an Josh got into. What DoD showed, granted it's not everything, but I seen good, clean racing, by all.

Lander's Has always been an aggressive driver and probably always will be but for him to pull what he pulled last night was total monkey poo.... Could of screwed Erb right out of the win thats for sure... dunno what him and kidwreckit have going on really dont care but they need to cool it off before they take out innocent victims....

powerslide
06-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Jared better watch it, his dad threatened to send the car home because of his overly aggressive driving after night 1 at the Show-Me.

He'll be lucky if his old man doesn't pull the plug for real.

Dad may of put him up to it. Never know

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Lander's Has always been an aggressive driver and probably always will be but for him to pull what he pulled last night was total monkey poo.... Could of screwed Erb right out of the win thats for sure... dunno what him and kidwreckit have going on really dont care but they need to cool it off before they take out innocent victims....But I think Landers is the only one in on the beef. Richards had no idea wtf he was up to. Other than his beef with Casey Roberts that still baffles me, I think he's a dam good aggressive driver. Yeah I know others hate him, blah blah about his Dad, but he started in the shop, sweeping floors, learning the cars. You can't just choose who your Dad is. And he works on the cars to this day.

Landers has been making great strides, and reverted back to old Jared yesterday.

fryefan
06-14-2016, 12:21 AM
I thought I remembered Richards and Landers going at it earlier in the season. I just went back and looked at the Duck River race in April and they got together there. From the video it looked like Landers was trying to spin him out, but in the post race when Shelton asked him about it he didn't seem to even know who it was that was trying to wreck him or why. I'd really like to know what Jared's beef is with him. Maybe it started that night at Duck River, earlier at Speedweeks or even last season.

Landers is an idiot, who has a dad that has money. He also tried to take out JD during the Show-Me 100 weekend, when JD was lapping him.

onlyfacts
06-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Landers is an idiot, who has a dad that has money. He also tried to take out JD during the Show-Me 100 weekend, when JD was lapping him.Total idiot when someone says what he did to DOD he should be disqualified and suspended for 1 year. These cars are dangerous enough. What he did at Wheatland Lucas should have suspended him. He went out of the pits and waited on Davenport.

Barbecueboy
06-14-2016, 07:51 AM
But I think Landers is the only one in on the beef. Richards had no idea wtf he was up to. Other than his beef with Casey Roberts that still baffles me, I think he's a dam good aggressive driver. Yeah I know others hate him, blah blah about his Dad, but he started in the shop, sweeping floors, learning the cars. You can't just choose who your Dad is. And he works on the cars to this day.

Landers has been making great strides, and reverted back to old Jared yesterday.

He had no beef with Casey......until Casey punchd him in the face for wrecking him twice.
Hopefully unbaffling.

zach51
06-14-2016, 07:52 AM
I like cheering for my fellow Razorbacks but I'm not sure I've seen a driver more Jekyll and Hyde than Landers. He can finish 10th and be smiling from ear to ear and then win and be upset. I can't figure it out. Maybe Bloomer being the "mentor" has something to do with it.

tsand
06-14-2016, 08:07 AM
Driver told me he was sitting between bloomquest and Devin Moran at the dream autograph session he said bloomquest never said a word to the fans or even a knowledge them he just signed what was put in front him without looking up. So maybe he is rubbing off on landers.

zach51
06-14-2016, 08:19 AM
lol when they said on the DOD broadcast the other night that there was a "MANDATORY" autograph session, my first though was "wow, I bet that will be interesting...."

jog49
06-14-2016, 10:04 AM
Richards is at a level in late model racing that Landers can only dream of achieving. Self induced jealousy will eventually get you in trouble.

zach51
06-14-2016, 10:43 AM
Landers has won a crown jewel since Richards has.....unless I forgot something in which case I will be embarrassed and will slink away with shame.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-14-2016, 11:24 AM
Landers has won a crown jewel since Richards has.....unless I forgot something in which case I will be embarrassed and will slink away with shame.

Without getting started on the crown jewel debate, Richards is consistently good. Landers, not so much...

K1ngCat
06-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Total idiot when someone says what he did to DOD he should be disqualified and suspended for 1 year. These cars are dangerous enough. What he did at Wheatland Lucas should have suspended him. He went out of the pits and waited on Davenport.

What was that whole deal over?
Why was Landers waiting for Davenport?

jog49
06-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Agreed. Richards is a champion......Landers not so much.

zach51
06-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Oh obviously Richards is much more accomplished than Landers. My previous post was laced with a bit of sarcasm referring back to the "crown jewel" debates. But, the fact still remains. Landers could be a great team if they can get some consistency.

Snake X3
06-14-2016, 03:10 PM
What was that whole deal over?
Why was Landers waiting for Davenport?

At the Show Me, early in the race JD and Janders were going into turn 1. JD got under him and they touched. The contact was minimal and neither car spun or even slowed, but Janders felt JD was running him too hard and after retiring later in the race made a comment (presumably directed at JD) that he drove like he owned the place...something to that effect. He also made an ambiguous threat towards that driver to race him similarly.

Erb has a lot of issues with JD too and they have run each other very hard since last season. The difference with Erb is that he gets back at people by running them hard even when he's about to go a lap down. He doesn't deliberately wreck a guy.

And just an update for those that didn't see it, in the article Kovac did yesterday he further elaborated on the Richards/Janders incident saying their previous history included Duck River (which I mentioned earlier) and Speedweeks...although I haven't seen any footage of that dust-up.

Barbecueboy
06-14-2016, 05:15 PM
Agreed. Richards is a champion......Landers not so much.

Anyone that would argue that point should take up hacky sak.........again.

race14
06-14-2016, 07:50 PM
It's a shame all of that landers money and no talent behind the wheel.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-14-2016, 07:56 PM
He had no beef with Casey......until Casey punchd him in the face for wrecking him twice.
Hopefully unbaffling.Not sure wth you're talking about. I was baffled that Josh picked a regional guy like Casey to race that way twice. Is Josh aggressive, sure, but not outright dirty. What he did with Casey was dirty both times. I know they had an altercation. Rightfully so.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-14-2016, 08:01 PM
I like cheering for my fellow Razorbacks but I'm not sure I've seen a driver more Jekyll and Hyde than Landers. He can finish 10th and be smiling from ear to ear and then win and be upset. I can't figure it out. Maybe Bloomer being the "mentor" has something to do with it.He WAS running much more consistent since teaming up with Bloomer, and under control. Now the wheels are falling off I think. He is not Richards, whatsoever.

Snake X3
06-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Not sure wth you're talking about. I was baffled that Josh picked a regional guy like Casey to race that way twice. Is Josh aggressive, sure, but not outright dirty. What he did with Casey was dirty both times. I know they had an altercation. Rightfully so.

As a Casey Roberts fan I doubt I'll ever be able to root for Josh and if you asked me before the Dream how I'd react to someone trying to take him out of a race I'd probably have said with great joy. However that was not the case. I was just as ticked off when Janders tried to wreck him as I was when Josh wrecked Casey the second time.

No one retaliates against Josh without paying for it though. Casey got suspended for punching him out after the race at Friendship and according to Rigsby during Late Model Live tonight, Janders got DQ'd for trying to wreck him at Eldora and was knocked down to a 28th place finish. If you ask me, what Janders did was far worse and I hope they fined him along with the DQ. Using your car as a weapon during a race is far worse than using the guy's head as a speedbag in the pits after the race. Hopefully the penalties he receives reflect that.

NormP
06-14-2016, 09:42 PM
Maybe Bloomer being the "mentor" has something to do with it.

Honestly, Bloomer being the mentor has probably kept him from doing more stupid stuff than usual.

Barbecueboy
06-15-2016, 07:57 AM
As a Casey Roberts fan I doubt I'll ever be able to root for Josh and if you asked me before the Dream how I'd react to someone trying to take him out of a race I'd probably have said with great joy. However that was not the case. I was just as ticked off when Janders tried to wreck him as I was when Josh wrecked Casey the second time.

No one retaliates against Josh without paying for it though. Casey got suspended for punching him out after the race at Friendship and according to Rigsby during Late Model Live tonight, Janders got DQ'd for trying to wreck him at Eldora and was knocked down to a 28th place finish. If you ask me, what Janders did was far worse and I hope they fined him along with the DQ. Using your car as a weapon during a race is far worse than using the guy's head as a speedbag in the pits after the race. Hopefully the penalties he receives reflect that.

They won't........

onlyfacts
06-15-2016, 08:35 AM
What was that whole deal over? - Racing Why was Landers waiting for Davenport?- Retaliate

Barbecueboy
06-15-2016, 07:37 PM
Not sure wth you're talking about. I was baffled that Josh picked a regional guy like Casey to race that way twice. Is Josh aggressive, sure, but not outright dirty. What he did with Casey was dirty both times. I know they had an altercation. Rightfully so.
I think I misunderstood the context when you said " which is baffling".......my apologies.

And in Josh's defense, I think he knows Casey is no joke and his racing instincts just kicked in.
Unfortunately for Casey, Josh's racing instincts are to rough it up when necessary........

Aces&Eights
06-15-2016, 07:48 PM
Hopefully unbaffling.

Somewhat. Any ideas on why he felt compelled to take Casey out multiple times? As to Landers, that dudes helmet is too tight, gotta be. Richards is just a selfish Butt-Puppet.

Barbecueboy
06-15-2016, 08:42 PM
Somewhat. Any ideas on why he felt compelled to take Casey out multiple times? As to Landers, that dudes helmet is too tight, gotta be. Richards is just a selfish Butt-Puppet.

Think you may have answered your own question.......

Again, kidding aside and it's a well documented dead horse, but I'm sure Josh's driving style and nuances are somewhat influenced by his unlimited supply of quality equipment at the snap of a finger.

Can't say mine wouldn't be either .....and to be honest for the heavy burden of being kid rocket he handles it pretty dang well and no doubt he has skillz.

zyoung25
06-15-2016, 09:03 PM
I cant help to revert back to last year's Knoxville race over this deal. Just think about what would've taken place IF Landers felt the way he does now.

They were complimenting each other after the race that night.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-16-2016, 06:22 PM
I think I misunderstood the context when you said " which is baffling".......my apologies.

And in Josh's defense, I think he knows Casey is no joke and his racing instincts just kicked in.
Unfortunately for Casey, Josh's racing instincts are to rough it up when necessary........Copy. Going to say, I know full well why Casey was done with his sh!t. I most certainly would have been too. Landers, wtf ever with him. Richards works on his sh!t and knows it inside an out. Landers doesn't strike me as that type, maybe he is.

mud duck
06-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Think you may have answered your own question.......

Again, kidding aside and it's a well documented dead horse, but I'm sure Josh's driving style and nuances are somewhat influenced by his unlimited supply of quality equipment at the snap of a finger.

Can't say mine wouldn't be either .....and to be honest for the heavy burden of being kid rocket he handles it pretty dang well and no doubt he has skillz.

BB is right. There is no better funded team out there and Josh has the best of everything. That team is the Hendricks of dirt. Josh is talented but he does not go without. Which helps out with the results. So, it made it really nice to see someone like Erb beat him at the Dream. As for the Landers deal, it was wrong and could have cost Erb. But, I doubt very seriously if Josh and Mark didn't know what that was about.