PDA

View Full Version : UFo Late Model Series

BTExpress
06-14-2016, 06:30 AM
I was kind of surprised to hear the series shut down the other day. I thought the series was building a decent following over the last few years. Somewhat of a blow for the Mid-Atlantic racers. It will be interesting to see if the tracks continue to offer increased purses without the benefit of the UFo sanction?.

WVRACEFAN
06-14-2016, 09:30 AM
Dog hollow is still having they're $4000 to win show this Friday, with the same purse & paying $150 tow money. I was surprised to see the series fold myself . I always liked the ufo series & format.

bonz45
06-14-2016, 10:11 AM
I would assume that Tyler Co. will do the same with their Mega event considering their past. Agreed that it is a shame that the series is folding but not surprised by the turnout with the last event going against App. Mt. speedweeks

LMNED10
06-14-2016, 03:19 PM
This is simple why UFO Series is gone, can't survive if you don't charge entry fee and tracks sanction fees. Sponsors are not going to pay during the season if they commit to sponsor the series, those are monies you get at the end of the year to pay your points fund. You need entry fe.e and sanction fee to keep doors open and operating simple as that.

GEAR_HEAD
06-14-2016, 03:36 PM
This is simple why UFO Series is gone, can't survive if you don't charge entry fee and tracks sanction fees. Sponsors are not going to pay during the season if they commit to sponsor the series, those are monies you get at the end of the year to pay your points fund. You need entry fe.e and sanction fee to keep doors open and operating simple as that.

You'd think the racers would have supported the shows since there wasn't a huge entry fee. The fact that they didn't support the shows just goes to show that they don't care about paying entry fees. At the end of the day racers are their own worst enemies by driving up costs and not supporting shows or series that try to help them.

manwplan
06-14-2016, 05:17 PM
You all act like UFO had the golden formula.
1. AMS has zero entry fee and they got cars
2. UFO had a back handed entry fee that they removed from your payoff
3. UFO always got a big hard on over their tow money. The better cars don't give 2 rips about tow money
4. Pill draw then redrawing 12-18 after the heats totally sucks and no racer in their right mind would race like that. I mean ok if I draw a bad pill and race my butt off to get to 2nd in a heat you now reward me with the possibility to start 12th. No thank you!
5. The uncertainty of a point fund based on how many races might be run discourages a lot of guys from running the series

GEAR_HEAD
06-14-2016, 07:48 PM
You all act like UFO had the golden formula.
1. AMS has zero entry fee and they got cars
2. UFO had a back handed entry fee that they removed from your payoff
3. UFO always got a big hard on over their tow money. The better cars don't give 2 rips about tow money
4. Pill draw then redrawing 12-18 after the heats totally sucks and no racer in their right mind would race like that. I mean ok if I draw a bad pill and race my butt off to get to 2nd in a heat you now reward me with the possibility to start 12th. No thank you!
5. The uncertainty of a point fund based on how many races might be run discourages a lot of guys from running the series

Only the whiners who aren't good enough to pass anybody complain about the pill draw.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-14-2016, 07:52 PM
Only the whiners who aren't good enough to pass anybody complain about the pill draw.With the track prep these days, and the amount of money in these cars, sorry, you can keep it. Invert a few, sure, but pill draw a bunch, no. Easy to say if you aren't paying the bills.

GEAR_HEAD
06-14-2016, 08:08 PM
With the track prep these days, and the amount of money in these cars, sorry, you can keep it. Invert a few, sure, but pill draw a bunch, no. Easy to say if you aren't paying the bills.

I haven't seen too many UFo shows on poor racing surfaces. It was the norm for guys for win from way back in the field. Poor track prep is just an easy excuse.

WVRACEFAN
06-15-2016, 10:13 AM
The ufo shows were always good, regardless of the amount of cars inverted. Cream always rises to the top.

UMPDream
06-16-2016, 01:34 PM
Only the whiners who aren't good enough to pass anybody complain about the pill draw.

Sorry, not driving 4 hours plus so I can draw pill #90 when I have worked hard all week to prepare my car, and driver for the track that we are about to see. Where some individuals see warm-ups as fun and games, we are actually busting it to go as fast as we can in preparation for Time Trials! Put your crew and crew chief to work making them think and find speed! In terms of fans, what fan in their right mind, wants to pay $30+ to get in to a race and see the top 10 in time trials (Ultimate) locked in and you wont see them the rest of the night until feature time. That's Stupid. I can see why UFO failed and many others arent that far behind.

Pennsboro23
06-16-2016, 01:49 PM
Sorry, not driving 4 hours plus so I can draw pill #90 when I have worked hard all week to prepare my car, and driver for the track that we are about to see. Where some individuals see warm-ups as fun and games, we are actually busting it to go as fast as we can in preparation for Time Trials! Put your crew and crew chief to work making them think and find speed! In terms of fans, what fan in their right mind, wants to pay $30+ to get in to a race and see the top 10 in time trials (Ultimate) locked in and you wont see them the rest of the night until feature time. That's Stupid. I can see why UFO failed and many others arent that far behind.

I definitely agree with you about the top 10 from qualifying being locked into the show. I don't understand that at all and I wouldn't go to a race that did that.

Josh Bayko
06-16-2016, 02:39 PM
The true UFO series died when Challenger did.