PDA

View Full Version : Crew paycheck?

kingmod5
06-15-2016, 08:43 AM
What kind of money are the typically crew guys getting paid to work for late model teams? I don't want to plaster specifics but am curious what is average. What about crew chiefs? I realize we don't do it for the money but have always wondered what is typical pay to run up and down the road.

Highside Hustler25
06-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Some do it for the love. Like the crew chief for the 2016 Dream Champion Dennis Erb Jr.

wfofan
06-15-2016, 11:22 AM
So the love of racing pays the mortgage and etc...
I should be rich then, wtf...

NormP
06-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Yes, that is exactly what he said. Good job, friend!!

Highside Hustler25
06-15-2016, 12:12 PM
So the love of racing pays the mortgage and etc...
I should be rich then, wtf...

She does have another job.

MI Dirt Fan
06-15-2016, 12:43 PM
I saw an ad for someone I think it was Pierce, they were looking for help for the SN tour. It said something along the lines of "pay isn't very much"

Madcat
06-15-2016, 12:49 PM
She does have another job.

I always wondered about if she did. She is always super nice in the pits when we have talked to them and so quiet. I forget what race it was but it was on DOD and they interviewed her and she was so shy and just wanted left alone lol.

Awesome win for that team. Still riding high from seeing it live.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2016, 01:01 PM
I always wondered about if she did. She is always super nice in the pits when we have talked to them and so quiet. I forget what race it was but it was on DOD and they interviewed her and she was so shy and just wanted left alone lol.

Awesome win for that team. Still riding high from seeing it live.

You think hes hittn that?

plunks7
06-15-2016, 01:31 PM
He's married!! I believe she is a Lawyer?

Highside Hustler25
06-15-2016, 02:18 PM
He's married!! I believe she is a Lawyer?

She is a engineer for Northrop Grumman and yes, Dennis is married.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2016, 02:49 PM

Thats what i heard too. But i also heard the other

I always thought she was his wife until i was told who she was.

HoosierDirtFan
06-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Their both married to Separate people. Dennis wife can be found if you know her name (I won't post it here) on Facebook. I've heard she is a lawyer. Heather is an Engineer by trade.

plunks7
06-15-2016, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the clarification HH.

Madcat
06-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Interesting, always wondered about significant others and any other income they may have coming in. Now it's explained. Good for both of them.

billetbirdcage
06-15-2016, 04:04 PM
What kind of money are the typically crew guys getting paid to work for late model teams? I don't want to plaster specifics but am curious what is average. What about crew chiefs? I realize we don't do it for the money but have always wondered what is typical pay to run up and down the road.

It varies greatly and can include different things like room and board, cell phone, and etc. So your going to get all kinds of answers and they are likely all right just from different experiences.

A typical full time crew can get as little as 200.00 a week and a percentage of winnings to 750.00 a week and some benefits. Most are in the 400.00 to 600.00 range with some benefits and percentage of winnings.

For an experienced well known crew chief upwards of 1200.00 or slightly more a week isn't totally uncommon but it's a well know name and probably gets some type of benefits also.

Like I said it varies a ton especially on benefits, some may have to live in the hauler for housing or have a apartment provided or one in the owners shop, some may get a % of all winnings and some may only get a % if they win a race, some may get a company car or cell phone to use, and all kinds of other things can be included. Usually the more benefits you get the less cash per week but not always.

For the most part you do it because you like to not for the money. It's crap pay for the amount of hours you put in and are away from home, even for a regional guy. many times it works out to 10.00 an hour if you're lucky some weeks it much worse, lol You really have to include the hours traveling and the hours you spend all day at the track as it's not like you can really do something else, like go fishing or spend time with the family. So on a 2 day race you really spend 20 some hours there while it's not all work, you can't really do anything like if you where off normal work on the week end. So many times you may put in 60 hours a week and get paid 400.00, LOL

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Their both married to Separate people. Dennis wife can be found if you know her name (I won't post it here) on Facebook. I've heard she is a lawyer. Heather is an Engineer by trade.

Thanks for info HDF

dirtdobber45
06-15-2016, 05:26 PM
I saw an ad for someone I think it was Pierce, they were looking for help for the SN tour. It said something along the lines of "pay isn't very much"Well if his sister wants to take it out in trade.. Im there lol

grt74
06-15-2016, 06:26 PM
Well if his sister wants to take it out in trade.. Im there lol

really???nice, go ask her yourself,let me know how it works out

plunks7
06-15-2016, 06:43 PM
really???nice, go ask her yourself,let me know how it works out

LMFAO!!!!! Please send us the report dirtdobber45.LOL Can you say pretzel. :)

Mud Packer
06-15-2016, 06:46 PM
I'm sure his sister wouldn't be happy with the short end of the stick.

dirtdobber45
06-15-2016, 10:18 PM
I aint skeered lol Ill like it physical lol

dirtdobber45
06-15-2016, 10:21 PM
I'm sure his sister wouldn't be happy with the short end of the stick.Only if I tied it in a knot

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2016, 11:27 PM

Thats what bloomer says about you!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Well if his sister wants to take it out in trade.. Im there lol

She will prolly tell you is that all ya got and tell u to put ur pants back on!

Try a pump before you approach her might do good. Have a25rjr work it for ya he likes doing that.

old fan
06-16-2016, 06:48 AM
is that stick or ----

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-16-2016, 08:51 AM

She doesnt like trannys

dirtdobber45
06-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Thats what bloomer says about you!How do you know what Bloomer said...o yeah hes been 'pumpin' you for info on JD since your shoulders deep into JD

dirtdobber45
06-16-2016, 11:12 AM
She will prolly tell you is that all ya got and tell u to put ur pants back on!Yes she would cause Id leave her with stretch marks or stitches

dirtdobber45
06-16-2016, 11:14 AM
She doesnt like trannysWe wasnt talking about you sweetie

UMPDream
06-16-2016, 01:47 PM
It varies greatly and can include different things like room and board, cell phone, and etc. So your going to get all kinds of answers and they are likely all right just from different experiences.

A typical full time crew can get as little as 200.00 a week and a percentage of winnings to 750.00 a week and some benefits. Most are in the 400.00 to 600.00 range with some benefits and percentage of winnings.

For an experienced well known crew chief upwards of 1200.00 or slightly more a week isn't totally uncommon but it's a well know name and probably gets some type of benefits also.

Like I said it varies a ton especially on benefits, some may have to live in the hauler for housing or have a apartment provided or one in the owners shop, some may get a % of all winnings and some may only get a % if they win a race, some may get a company car or cell phone to use, and all kinds of other things can be included. Usually the more benefits you get the less cash per week but not always.

For the most part you do it because you like to not for the money. It's crap pay for the amount of hours you put in and are away from home, even for a regional guy. many times it works out to 10.00 an hour if you're lucky some weeks it much worse, lol You really have to include the hours traveling and the hours you spend all day at the track as it's not like you can really do something else, like go fishing or spend time with the family. So on a 2 day race you really spend 20 some hours there while it's not all work, you can't really do anything like if you where off normal work on the week end. So many times you may put in 60 hours a week and get paid 400.00, LOL

Good Post Billet! In 1997, I was on $600/week plus a %. The biggest problem is that things have never changed. It's still the same "salary". Until we get corporate dollars into the sport, the teams will continue to struggle. I'm hopeful that Craftsman being involved will now open some doors for other companies to see the value in what we do.

MI Dirt Fan
06-16-2016, 01:49 PM
Moyer Sr. Was looking for help awhile back. Experience and a CDL. I don't see the ad on his website anymore. Didn't say anything about pay.

If I had experience working with LM and was able to takeoff work during the summer and still draw an affordable paycheck from that job, I'd crew for a team even during SN, just pay for my pit pass and keep me fed.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Good Post Billet! In 1997, I was on $600/week plus a %. The biggest problem is that things have never changed. It's still the same "salary". Until we get corporate dollars into the sport, the teams will continue to struggle. I'm hopeful that Craftsman being involved will now open some doors for other companies to see the value in what we do.

There will never be widespread corporate support. The few that get it will simply bury everyone else with their budget. We don't need it.

dirty bert
06-16-2016, 04:30 PM
Your right Mastersbilt it'll just spread the field out more an run more out of business are force more to stop trying to race for a living. like the old saying rich get richer and poor get,. well you know

a25rjr
06-16-2016, 06:40 PM
SUPERMAN will prolly tell you to take it all. I know your mouth is bigger than that, I see your posts on 4m!
Nothing wrong with the plumbing here junior!

However, instead of Viagara, I bet you stare at a victory lane pic of Bloomer! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Nothing wrong with the plumbing here junior!

However, instead of Viagara, I bet you stare at a victory lane pic of Bloomer! :)

Its funny that i went back thru all my post in this thread and couldnt find this one.

GOOD WORK A25RJR FOR YOU FAKE CHIT.

a25rjr
06-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Its funny that i went back thru all my post in this thread and couldnt find this one.

GOOD WORK A25RJR FOR YOU FAKE CHIT.

I think the mods deleted some of your posts. It seems they have grown weary of your "hater" posts of Bloomer and his fans! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-16-2016, 11:26 PM
I think the mods deleted some of your posts. It seems they have grown weary of your "hater" posts of Bloomer and his fans! :)

There ya go lieing to cover your fictious post.

GOOD JOB AGAIN BNHR

Bubstr
06-17-2016, 08:40 AM
I see we still have some class acts here in good old 4m. No respect for anyone, not even their-selves. Only a person with no self respect, would say these things about another mans daughter. Evidently, you don't care what people think of you. That's a good thing, I guess. The word is Disgusting.

dirtdobber45
06-17-2016, 11:21 AM
I see we still have some class acts here in good old 4m. No respect for anyone, not even their-selves. Only a person with no self respect, would say these things about another mans daughter. Evidently, you don't care what people think of you. That's a good thing, I guess. The word is Disgusting.If youre talking about me it was my way of expressing myself that shes hot it wasnt out of disrespect. It was a joke. Ive got all the respect I need from my family and friends and for myself. And obtw I dont care what you think about me it was my opinion which everyone has that right to their own

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-17-2016, 12:08 PM
If youre talking about me it was my way of expressing myself that shes hot it wasnt out of disrespect. It was a joke. Ive got all the respect I need from my family and friends and for myself. And obtw I dont care what you think about me it was my opinion which everyone has that right to their own

Settle down dd45. There someones daughter no matter what there age is.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Wtf is this. All of the sudden you fukers are going to take the high road?

It was a joke. She's around 20 years old, helps out her family's race team, lifts weights, I'm pretty sure there's pictures of her showing off her physique. I personally don't find her attractive, but to each their own. I think she can handle herself.

Another words, whiptey freakin do.

Bubstr
06-17-2016, 01:53 PM
If youre talking about me it was my way of expressing myself that shes hot it wasnt out of disrespect. It was a joke. Ive got all the respect I need from my family and friends and for myself. And obtw I dont care what you think about me it was my opinion which everyone has that right to their own

Any joke that is at the expense of someone else, is disrespectful. Your Mother should have pointed that out to you a couple years ago when you was 10.

Speaking of your Mother, a couple buddies like it physical also. You want to trot her by sometime. That was a respectful joke, by your definition.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Any joke that is at the expense of someone else, is disrespectful. Your Mother should have pointed that out to you a couple years ago when you was 10.

Speaking of your Mother, a couple buddies like it physical also. You want to trot her by sometime. That was a respectful joke, by your definition.Again, some dudes Mom is not the same as some twenty something who shows off her physique on the Internet. But, if you're the morality police of 4m, so be it. You're comparing apples and oranges. A good comparison may be some UFC girl and Ciara. Not some guys Mom. Since you're the moral police, ever heard of two wrongs don't make a right?

Bubstr
06-17-2016, 07:15 PM
Again, some dudes Mom is not the same as some twenty something who shows off her physique on the Internet. But, if you're the morality police of 4m, so be it. You're comparing apples and oranges. A good comparison may be some UFC girl and Ciara. Not some guys Mom. Since you're the moral police, ever heard of two wrongs don't make a right?

Moral police? Are you saying, Ciara and UFC girls don't deserve respect and some guys mother , that didn't teach km to be respectful at all, does? Are you the moral police? How about three wrongs, then. Want to trot your mother by also, or daughter if you prefer. Sticking up for someone this disrespectful has no redeeming qualities. You would think this isn't a public forum. You would think there are not younger kids coming here to read or even mixed company. Really the intelligence of some people astounds me.

dirtdobber45
06-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Settle down dd45. There someones daughter no matter what there age is.And I know that but I didnt say it to her father THAT would be DISRESPECTFUL it was a joke to us guys THATS IT unless bubstr is her father

dirtdobber45
06-17-2016, 07:48 PM
Any joke that is at the expense of someone else, is disrespectful. Your Mother should have pointed that out to you a couple years ago when you was 10.Speaking of your Mother, a couple buddies like it physical also. You want to trot her by sometime. That was a respectful joke, by your definition.My momma? You wanna talk about my 73yr old momma that is battling cancer? Really? Let me tell ya I have 3 daughters that are in their 20s and yea it would be DISRESPECTFUL if sum guy walk up to me and say something in that nature but when hes with his buddies out of ears reach aint much I can do about that now is there? Hes entitled to his opinion like I am. But you want to talk about my mom? How old are you? Your a jacka$$

dirtdobber45
06-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Wtf is this. All of the sudden you fukers are going to take the high road?It was a joke. She's around 20 years old, helps out her family's race team, lifts weights, I'm pretty sure there's pictures of her showing off her physique. I personally don't find her attractive, but to each their own. I think she can handle herself.Another words, whiptey freakin do.
Again, some dudes Mom is not the same as some twenty something who shows off her physique on the Internet. But, if you're the morality police of 4m, so be it. You're comparing apples and oranges. A good comparison may be some UFC girl and Ciara. Not some guys Mom. Since you're the moral police, ever heard of two wrongs don't make a right?Thank you CnBf

Bubstr
06-17-2016, 08:20 PM
My momma? You wanna talk about my 73yr old momma that is battling cancer? Really? Let me tell ya I have 3 daughters that are in their 20s and yea it would be DISRESPECTFUL if sum guy walk up to me and say something in that nature but when hes with his buddies out of ears reach aint much I can do about that now is there? Hes entitled to his opinion like I am. But you want to talk about my mom? How old are you? Your a jacka$$

Now, if I said this to your face, it would be disrespectful, but I'm just having a little fun with my buddies on a public forum. You just don't get it. Do you? I'm old enough for your mother, but no thanks if she is as cognizant of being respectful as you are.

If you can talk about some mans daughter, I can talk about your Momma.

Highside Hustler25
06-17-2016, 08:41 PM
If you can talk about some mans daughter, I can talk about your Momma.

LOL:Dtoo funny Bubstr. Guess it's not so funny when the shoes on the other foot.

D@mn, your momma's soooo fat....:)

dirtdobber45
06-17-2016, 09:07 PM
Now, if I said this to your face, it would be disrespectful, but I'm just having a little fun with my buddies on a public forum. You just don't get it. Do you? I'm old enough for your mother, but no thanks if she is as cognizant of being respectful as you are. If you can talk about some mans daughter, I can talk about your Momma.My momma said no thanks she like men and to get your panties out of your crack straighten your dress and get back to your needle point leave the men alone JA....obtw why dont you trot out your daughters and Ill take it from there hows that?

dirtdobber45
06-17-2016, 09:19 PM
You would think this isn't a public forum. You would think there are not younger kids coming here to read or even mixed company. Really the intelligence of some people astounds me.This is an opinionated forum if you didnt know and if there was any younger kids on here and understood what I was talking about whats it hurting. The more you whine about nothing the more attention your causing for nothing idiot

Bubstr
06-17-2016, 10:08 PM
This is an opinionated forum if you didnt know and if there was any younger kids on here and understood what I was talking about whats it hurting. The more you whine about nothing the more attention your causing for nothing idiot

You seem to be squirming around, trying to justify your bad behavior. One way or another. Just own up to it. The juvenile behavior is not becoming. Grow up. You need to be a man, not a weasel.

dirtdobber45
06-17-2016, 10:57 PM
You seem to be squirming around, trying to justify your bad behavior. One way or another. Just own up to it. The juvenile behavior is not becoming. Grow up. You need to be a man, not a weasel.Im not squirming around just justifing your bs I never said a word about your family before you did so who needs to grow up? obtw EVERYBODY is a son or daughter how they wanna act is their business I dont judge people...so go kick rocks

mud duck
06-17-2016, 11:12 PM
Bubstr was right. Some of the things was way overboard and very disrespectful. This is a public message board and not some late night drunken poker game with the guys. The very people you are talking about see these posts or have friends or family that see them. It might have been said as a joke, but it was a very poor one.

70satomic
06-18-2016, 07:10 AM
How did this post go from the pay scale of a crewmember Straight into the gutter

RoundNrOUND
06-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Anywhere from free to as much as 2000+ and added benefits like cars, apartments, phones, percentage of winnings ect. The high end guys aren't always working for the biggest names either, while some are and running 80 plus nights a year. Back on track...

Bubstr
06-18-2016, 11:24 AM
How did this post go from the pay scale of a crewmember Straight into the gutter

Dirtgobbler doesn't know how to behave in public. Post 17 and escalates from there. I have no problem calling a Spade a Spade. I don't think anyone should have to put up with that kind of disrespect. Ciara or her family and I don't apologize for calling him on it.

That's how it started.

NormP
06-18-2016, 03:29 PM

Because dirtdobber and bubstr started arguing like a couple of stupid little kids.

TerryM
06-18-2016, 03:37 PM
It's 4m. Sigh.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Moral police? Are you saying, Ciara and UFC girls don't deserve respect and some guys mother , that didn't teach km to be respectful at all, does? Are you the moral police? How about three wrongs, then. Want to trot your mother by also, or daughter if you prefer. Sticking up for someone this disrespectful has no redeeming qualities. You would think this isn't a public forum. You would think there are not younger kids coming here to read or even mixed company. Really the intelligence of some people astounds me.Three wrongs, wtf are you talking about? I said, your comparison of Ciara to some guys Mom blew a$$. It was a compliment comparing her to a UFC chick. Anywhere, did I say I wanna fuk Ciara or some UFC chick, no I didn't, nor would I. This guy made a simple joke, and you got your panties all wadded up and wet. Leave my motherfukin family outta it, I didn't say a dam thing about wanting to do anything with anyone. The high horse, PC, whining of some on here, like you, astounds me. I wouldn't talk about people's family, my preference, and I don't really agree with it. But a simple joke a guy made, get over it.

The fact you're going to question my morals, or that I don't treat women right, over defending a guy over a joke, blows my mind. Quite stupid, speaking of intelligence. All women, long as they respect theirself, deserve equal treatment. That goes for pay in the workplace too. Been with the same person for 16 years and have two kids. Not that it's any of your fuking business, but since you're going to question my treatment of women over a joke.

Now I see why a certain Longhorn promotor doesn't like you. Pretty freakin clear.