PDA

View Full Version : Dirt On Dirt

kidrock
06-15-2016, 10:45 AM
DoD can you please do a poll with the drivers and find out what Kind of format to they like the best and which is the best for the fans.

It seems like so many people have their opinions on this subject and it would be nice to see what the drivers have to say.

Pill draw, Qualify, passing points, inverts, no inverts, best over all finishes ect, ect.

Snake X3
06-15-2016, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure they'd pick, qualify, Heats (no inverts with start based on Q time), B-main (based on finish in heats), A-main (no inverts with start based heats and Q time).

They are racers. They give no quarter. They ask no quarter.

kidrock
06-15-2016, 11:41 AM
I'm pretty sure they'd pick, qualify, Heats (no inverts with start based on Q time), B-main (based on finish in heats), A-main (no inverts with start based heats and Q time).

They are racers. They give no quarter. They ask no quarter.

But, what about for the fans. Which one do you think they would choose?

Aces&Eights
06-15-2016, 11:55 AM
DoD can you please do a poll with the drivers and find out what Kind of format to they like the best and which is the best for the fans.

It seems like so many people have their opinions on this subject and it would be nice to see what the drivers have to say.

Pill draw, Qualify, passing points, inverts, no inverts, best over all finishes ect, ect.

You do know 4m and DoD arent related right? Right now your on "4M"...

They are racers. They give no quarter. They ask no quarter.I like your answer, "No Quarter". Alas what racers want isnt necessarily whats good for racing as a whole. The fans experience needs to be considered less they get bored and stay home, which would kill racing or reduce it to one of those pathetic club endeavors... I shutter the thought.

I had another thought, what if qualifying remained but something other than 2 laps and your done. You see I can see the side of the guy with the great equipment too, he works hard, he's paid his dues, did the work to get a good sponsor, puts every free moment into working on the car, sacrifices abound. Why should he be asked to start behind Freddie Farquar who hasn't washed his car in 2 weeks let alone turned a wrench on it and spends his time in the pits entertaining his crew by lighting farts. Perhaps a qualifying format that was more entertaining and yet still rewards hard work, not a trophy for showing up attitude. Maybe an F1 type deal, a set amount of time for qualifying, ready or not, come in, make changes go out as many times as you can for your absolute best lap and then so many advance to the next round. All the times reset for the next round and do it again. Max of 4 laps in a row.