PDA

View Full Version : Eldora dust bowl thread??

roughride
06-16-2016, 04:12 PM
What happened to our Eldora dust bowl thread? What, now we're not allowed to say anything negative about anything? The track was a dust bowl for this years Dream, last years Dream, and the last couple of Worlds. And to the people that say it's been like that, I say bull. I remember going to Sunday afternoon Worlds that were not even in the same category as the last few big late model races. I don't know how the drivers even see. It takes 30 laps of so before it blows off enough see the track. I don't think more water will help(who knows?? maybe), but that dirt is garbage. The dirt does not seem like any clay I have ever seem? It seems very gritty. Have not raced there in some time, it seems like tire wear would be bad as well??

Is Eldora slowing becoming the NASCRAP facility we thought it might? We had a Sheriff approach us about throwing our beer cans about 10 feet in front of us. Come on! I think he had the wrong people, but who knows. I guess we better press our khaki's and iron our button up shirts if we want to attend Eldora.

Clayton_Wetter
06-16-2016, 04:31 PM
What happened to our Eldora dust bowl thread? What, now we're not allowed to say anything negative about anything? The track was a dust bowl for this years Dream, last years Dream, and the last couple of Worlds. And to the people that say it's been like that, I say bull. I remember going to Sunday afternoon Worlds that were not even in the same category as the last few big late model races. I don't know how the drivers even see. It takes 30 laps of so before it blows off enough see the track. I don't think more water will help(who knows?? maybe), but that dirt is garbage. The dirt does not seem like any clay I have ever seem? It seems very gritty. Have not raced there in some time, it seems like tire wear would be bad as well??

Is Eldora slowing becoming the NASCRAP facility we thought it might? We had a Sheriff approach us about throwing our beer cans about 10 feet in front of us. Come on! I think he had the wrong people, but who knows. I guess we better press our khaki's and iron our button up shirts if we want to attend Eldora.

Actually it is still on here. Scroll down to " No doubt, unfortunately, Eldora is a dust bowl".

You had me looking and thinking it got axed there for a minute! :)