PDA

View Full Version : Summer Nats

BadlandsBandit12
06-20-2016, 01:22 AM
Surprised Shannon Babb is not going for the title this year. I expected him to be at Cedar Lake and he was a no show. I thought the racing was pretty good and but I was also disappointed the car counts was low but I did expect it because the way things are going.

My take is, they need to do something major and make it more fun again. Drivers are not going to keep going to these if they don't. There was 45 USMTS mods there and they put on a great show and I think it was a better show because of it. I like seeing Darrell Nelson coming down from Duluth and racing with his Wissota spec motor and getting 8th the second night. He also races late models too but his motor was not big enough for the summer nats.

My point I am trying to make here, shorten the series and up the winnings. Do it like you used to do it. 25,000 to win a point standings is not a lot of money for 29 nights of races. Next year make the change (Dirtcar group) for real this time!

MI Dirt Fan
06-20-2016, 05:03 AM
You see the tire rule??? lol

old fan
06-20-2016, 05:34 AM
Shannon has not ran that well this year also as far as the point there is 2 point funds going on at the same time but carry on

Hard rock candy
06-20-2016, 06:21 AM
Watched Wimot on DOD. The quality of the SN is suffering greatly. A few good racers is all.

old fan
06-20-2016, 06:23 AM
location location location

Highside Hustler25
06-20-2016, 06:37 AM
You see the tire rule??? lol

The only ones that seem to have a problem with it are the uneducated fans. Carry on.

pierceFAN
06-20-2016, 07:04 AM
The only ones that seem to have a problem with it are the uneducated fans. Carry on.

i havent heard anyone complain about it...its not like their making them run a totally different tire.

Hard rock candy
06-20-2016, 08:05 AM
i havent heard anyone complain about it...its not like their making them run a totally different tire.Uhhhh, Angie Pierce complained about it on FB.

Hard rock candy
06-20-2016, 08:08 AM
The only ones that seem to have a problem with it are the uneducated fans. Carry on.And 1) the Ohio tracks and 2) non tire cheaters!

zooker25
06-20-2016, 08:17 AM
Summer nationals is more about the local racers. That is what you had last night at Wilmot. I love it. You will have some big hitters come on this week. B Shepp,Erb,Babb will be back. Each week is a separate points battle but the tour will come down to Feger and Pierce and maybe Marler.

rc24
06-20-2016, 08:50 AM
Marler running the whole deal?

BadlandsBandit12
06-20-2016, 09:59 AM
The tire deal is one thing and I know about that. If the dirtcar group don't get their heads out of their you know what they will get only 10 cars at some places. Believe me nobody wants to see 10 cars!!!!

champion24
06-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Marler running the whole deal?

I think he isn't committed to all. Day by day kind of deal. Just a few guys will probably try them all.

MI Dirt Fan
06-20-2016, 11:27 AM
http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?359112-LM-tire-rules-for-Hell-Tour

Highside Hustler25
06-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Summer nationals is more about the local racers. That is what you had last night at Wilmot. I love it. You will have some big hitters come on this week. B Shepp,Erb,Babb will be back. Each week is a separate points battle but the tour will come down to Feger and Pierce and maybe Marler.

I agree. Brian Shirley will be hitting a few shows as well.

Cardirt0
06-20-2016, 01:14 PM
What was Is Gone.That is is Hope.. I think next year you see less tracks cause some can not get the cars they use too.. I see 3 to 4 less races or 2 or 3 new tracks....Maybe time too spreed it out more....

bullring
06-20-2016, 01:33 PM
After last night's race I'd say the only 2 running full schedule are Pierce and Feger.

plunks7
06-20-2016, 09:04 PM
Well they can certainly get rid of the single file restarts if they want a few more cars. What a Joke!!!!

Highside Hustler25
06-20-2016, 09:14 PM
After last night's race I'd say the only 2 running full schedule are Pierce and Feger.

Looks like with the weekly points fund, it's not a big deal to run them all. I know it's not set in stone with Jason. Just depends on how things play out. I'm thinkin a guy could miss a race or 2 and still challenge for the points fund, maybe Babb or Unzicker. Stranger things have happened and we're only 5 races in.

LMMS24
06-20-2016, 09:57 PM
I think Unzicker was planning on the whole tour, but Dirt on Dirt said that he had problems with his hauler at Cedar Lake

plunks7
06-20-2016, 10:03 PM
His Hauler was still sitting in the pits when we left.

old fan
06-20-2016, 10:27 PM
After last night's race I'd say the only 2 running full schedule are Pierce and Feger.add gundaker and melvin

fryefan
06-20-2016, 11:07 PM
Well they can certainly get rid of the single file restarts if they want a few more cars. What a Joke!!!!

Most of the drivers prefer single file restarts.

dirtdobber45
06-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Maybe if they set it up where your not driving almost 500 miles in one night. Set it up where you dont drive more than 3 or 4 hours a night or set it up to where the longest trips are on the 'day off' day.

32Operator
06-21-2016, 12:41 AM
Well I picked the over/under over 11.. I think I short changed myself...he might get 20⛽💰💰💰💰

plunks7
06-21-2016, 09:19 PM
Most of the drivers prefer single file restarts.

Well none of them there did except the leader. And I even spoke to a couple guys from Iowa. They definitely don't!!!!

kidrock
06-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Looks like with the weekly points fund, it's not a big deal to run them all. I know it's not set in stone with Jason. Just depends on how things play out. I'm thinkin a guy could miss a race or 2 and still challenge for the points fund, maybe Babb or Unzicker. Stranger things have happened and we're only 5 races in.

I agree especially with the motor problems Pierce has had lately. All somone needs to do is get on a roll and win a couple here and there and Pierce have some trouble and their right back in it but, they would have to avoid trouble themselves.

Highside Hustler25
06-21-2016, 10:06 PM
I agree especially with the motor problems Pierce has had lately. All somone needs to do is get on a roll and win a couple here and there and Pierce have some trouble and their right back in it but, they would have to avoid trouble themselves.

well, the lil chit was bad fast 2night. still longway 2 go

Thunderbolt27
06-21-2016, 10:13 PM
I look for 45 plus at Spoon River, Tri City and Fairbury for the $10,000 to Win shows. All Top notch tracks that the Driver's Love to race at.

Dirt Draggin
06-21-2016, 10:21 PM
Just saw where Moyer is running the next 4 SN shows-should make Pierce work a little harder :)

pierceFAN
06-21-2016, 10:26 PM
Pierce is for sure firing on all cylinders.... If he can keep the motor together he has a good chance but like it has been said before.... We are only five races in and there are a lot of tough races coming up and for sure it's still up for grabs...those $10k races will have stout competition

pierceFAN
06-21-2016, 10:28 PM
I'll rephrase.... Stouter competition... If that's a word lol

rickybrown1952
06-21-2016, 10:41 PM
Also think about pevely and Lincoln woo will be at them two races

pierceFAN
06-21-2016, 10:54 PM
Also think about pevely and Lincoln woo will be at them two races

Ya it's far from over... Should be some good racing coming up for sure

kidrock
06-22-2016, 05:22 AM
well, the lil chit was bad fast 2night. still longway 2 go

Yeah I seen he won after my post I almost updated it last night lol

Snake X3
06-30-2016, 02:39 AM
DoD posted a PDF with series stats. Thought I'd share it since it's easy to miss and it's in a nice format.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11677393/sn2016.pdf

Illtsate32
06-30-2016, 05:45 AM
6 out of 11 if he can win 15 I think it will be one of the great nationals from a $ standpoint.

Barbecueboy
06-30-2016, 07:39 AM

A few educated fans aren't real keen on it either.........wonder how many they are going to catch with the testing at the summer nats?

My guess is ZERO

Highside Hustler25
06-30-2016, 08:16 AM
A few educated fans aren't real keen on it either.........wonder how many they are going to catch with the testing at the summer nats?

My guess is ZERO

I was referring to the tire compound rule Bro. Not the tainted tire rule.

Barbecueboy
06-30-2016, 10:10 AM
I was referring to the tire compound rule Bro. Not the tainted tire rule.

I knew what you were talking about.........I was talking about the " zero testing " on tires so far at the crown jewel of mini series.

Sorry about the confusion.

Highside Hustler25
06-30-2016, 10:25 AM
I knew what you were talking about.........I was talking about the " zero testing " on tires so far at the crown jewel of mini series.

Sorry about the confusion.

Yeh, I hear ya. I've been to 4 shows so far and seen no one checked. Not saying I might have missed it.

But what the he11, only person they need to check is Bobby. He's in a time zone of his own right now.(don't get yer panties bunched up Piercefan:DThat was a compliment. Not a accusation.)

plunks7
06-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Yeh, I hear ya. I've been to 4 shows so far and seen no one checked. Not saying I might have missed it.

But what the he11, only person they need to check is Bobby. He's in a time zone of his own right now.(don't get yer panties bunched up Piercefan:DThat was a compliment. Not a accusation.)

HH , I would like to throw another name out their. Billy Moyer

pierceFAN
06-30-2016, 10:33 AM

Bobby gets checked often...very often....

Highside Hustler25
06-30-2016, 10:36 AM

I bet he does. When your fast, it draws attention. Do you know if they've taken any samples on the tour yet?

Barbecueboy
06-30-2016, 11:09 AM

No one has been checked at any summer national 2016 race yet..........unless they started last night.

Odd considering the current " let's catch all the cheaters in dlm racing " winds that are a blowin these days.

Biggest and most acclaimed summer series going......ump running the show.....political stump rally style drivers meetings etc about tires.......and no one is checking???

Glad all the questions got answered.

Barbecueboy
06-30-2016, 11:10 AM
I bet he does. When your fast, it draws attention. Do you know if they've taken any samples on the tour yet?

No....................last night would have been the first time ( if they did)

Snake X3
06-30-2016, 11:41 AM
Ugg...this turned into another tire thread. Ugg. I have been defeated.

Barbecueboy
06-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Sorry snake.........but until something gets done differently every race thread will be a tire thread.

Snake X3
06-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Sorry snake.........but until something gets done differently every race thread will be a tire thread.

I know, man. Trust me. The only reason I haven't said much on the subject is because all I can come up with is to reply "I agree" to what you and a one or two others have to say. I share your angry and frustration, but as fans I think we just have to move on. We know what we believe to be the truth. Arguing with other fans won't help us. And since drivers haven't had any success arguing their case with the powers that be, I doubt they'll listening to us. The best way for us to vote is with our money. I haven't gone to a WoO race since the Casey debacle and I've stopped getting WoO PPVs now too. The series is all but dead to me. Now I move on without them...just like I do with women when they tick me off. No point arguing and fighting with retards.

old fan
06-30-2016, 05:38 PM
Don't cheat you won't have to worry about it

Barbecueboy
06-30-2016, 06:07 PM

Did you cheat the city of St. Louis out of any money or were you deserving of everything you got because you were just clumsy?

Barbecueboy
06-30-2016, 06:12 PM
I know, man. Trust me. The only reason I haven't said much on the subject is because all I can come up with is to reply "I agree" to what you and a one or two others have to say. I share your angry and frustration, but as fans I think we just have to move on. We know what we believe to be the truth. Arguing with other fans won't help us. And since drivers haven't had any success arguing their case with the powers that be, I doubt they'll listening to us. The best way for us to vote is with our money. I haven't gone to a WoO race since the Casey debacle and I've stopped getting WoO PPVs now too. The series is all but dead to me. Now I move on without them...just like I do with women when they tick me off. No point arguing and fighting with retards.
Roger that snake.........it's ok.........big light has been shed on the situation and despite what the sheep are saying, things are going to change.

What I would like to see one day at a race is to have every single driver show up with soaked tires...........oh that's right, they all already do.

pierceFAN
06-30-2016, 06:43 PM
Not everyone soaks tires

Cardirt0
06-30-2016, 06:48 PM
On cheating
Now that (Most Know who I helped) dont race no more.. Run 1 of the rev things on the Motor.. Won no more or no less with it.. It seemed like it helped in the turns but hurt in the front and back stretch.. But I say it helped the motor last longer...You could not over rev the Motor....But I think it helped keep us up front more....Just Food for though Change up what we speaking about...O yea They ant cheap Lots of Bucks....

Clayton_Wetter
06-30-2016, 06:52 PM

Well alllll righteeee thennnn, I'll carry on!!!!

Clayton_Wetter
06-30-2016, 06:53 PM

Is that why you worry all the time and keep your window blinds pulled down? :)

Clayton_Wetter
06-30-2016, 06:56 PM
HH , I would like to throw another name out their. Billy Moyer

Yep, and if they don't check tires, that cherry picker will start sneaking in.

Clayton_Wetter
06-30-2016, 07:06 PM
The SN purse and payback is also finally deterring a number a cars.

pierceFAN
06-30-2016, 07:10 PM

Bobbys have been checked every nite

Cardirt0
06-30-2016, 07:55 PM
Rain Rain Rain On to Friday.......

old fan
06-30-2016, 08:54 PM
Did you cheat the city of St. Louis out of any money or were you deserving of everything you got because you were just clumsy?nosy a$$ haven't got chit now have a nice day

pierceFAN
06-30-2016, 09:50 PM
No one has been checked at any summer national 2016 race yet..........unless they started last night.

Odd considering the current " let's catch all the cheaters in dlm racing " winds that are a blowin these days.

Biggest and most acclaimed summer series going......ump running the show.....political stump rally style drivers meetings etc about tires.......and no one is checking???

Glad all the questions got answered.

Bobby has been checked each night so yes they have been checking... Every nite

Snake X3
06-30-2016, 10:52 PM
Rain Rain Rain On to Friday.......

I'm really disappointed the race got rained out. I was looking forward to the showdown between the Hell Tour guys and the MLRA guys without a lot of national touring guys in the mix.

Snake X3
06-30-2016, 10:55 PM
Roger that snake.........it's ok.........big light has been shed on the situation and despite what the sheep are saying, things are going to change.

What I would like to see one day at a race is to have every single driver show up with soaked tires...........oh that's right, they all already do.

Right. It's called the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. :rolleyes:

old fan
06-30-2016, 10:57 PM
Or allowed a different tire than prescribed

blncfn57
06-30-2016, 11:07 PM
Bobby has been checked each night so yes they have been checking... Every nite

Now don't be ruining BBQ's theories with facts like that!!! lol

fryefan
06-30-2016, 11:42 PM
Now don't be ruining BBQ's theories with facts like that!!! lol

People don't actually believe the garbage that he posts, do they?

oldfart50
07-01-2016, 12:29 AM
Cut the guy some slack. He is clearly off his medication and seeking attention.

rickybrown1952
07-01-2016, 10:04 AM
They were rained out last night but only had 19 lm

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2016, 12:55 PM
They were rained out last night but only had 19 lm

They need to dump these tracks that can't pull enough cars for a feature. Good tracks out there that would love a date.

huskerdirt
07-01-2016, 01:22 PM
They need to dump these tracks that can't pull enough cars for a feature. Good tracks out there that would love a date.

I was surprised to see some guys signed in. With MLRA/MARS races coming up this weekend. I didn't think too many would show. I've heard not many drivers like the Springfield track. Anybody notice Phillips didn't even show and he lives in Springfield.

Dirt Racing #1
07-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Terry Phillips is from Springfield, Missouri not Illinois

huskerdirt
07-01-2016, 01:43 PM

Thank you captain obvious..... And the SN race last night was in Springfield MISSOURI.

jeffreymo
07-01-2016, 02:33 PM
I was surprised to see some guys signed in. With MLRA/MARS races coming up this weekend. I didn't think too many would show. I've heard not many drivers like the Springfield track. Anybody notice Phillips didn't even show and he lives in Springfield.

Phillips will no longer race at a track that Hoffman is involved with. That's one of the reasons that the Larry Phillips Memorial race was moved to Wheatland

ptown
07-01-2016, 02:39 PM
Wonder how Brownstown will be tonight, last year summernationals the first late model heat wasn't ran until well after 11pm.

huskerdirt
07-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Phillips will no longer race at a track that Hoffman is involved with. That's one of the reasons that the Larry Phillips Memorial race was moved to Wheatland

Interesting. I knew something happened with the memorial race to cause it to move. Never could find a definite answer. This isn't the first I've heard of somebody not wanting anything to do with Hoffmans.

kazual
07-01-2016, 04:11 PM
From my understanding TP and Hoffman disagreed on rules that affected Phillips built modifieds. Too bad about the rain out, big crowd in the parking lot waiting to go in, am sure some of them traveled a long ways. It is July 4th weekend but bet all the fireworks weren't in the sky, the pit gate and spectator gate probably had some when people asked for refunds.

dirt33
07-01-2016, 04:20 PM

I am guessing that the reason Terry Phillips was not at the Summernationals race last night is because he was up in Cincinnati watching his son (Brandon Phillips) play baseball.

old fan
07-01-2016, 05:49 PM
That might hae something to do with it

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2016, 06:20 PM
i am guessing that the reason terry phillips was not at the summernationals race last night is because he was up in cincinnati watching his son (brandon phillips) play baseball.

that might hae something to do with it

lmfao:D...............................

rickybrown1952
07-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Fayette County put out a statement saying the lm feature Will be run at 10:00

jeffreymo
07-01-2016, 09:24 PM
From my understanding TP and Hoffman disagreed on rules that affected Phillips built modifieds. Too bad about the rain out, big crowd in the parking lot waiting to go in, am sure some of them traveled a long ways. It is July 4th weekend but bet all the fireworks weren't in the sky, the pit gate and spectator gate probably had some when people asked for refunds.

From my understanding, TP disagreed with Hoffman building knock-off GRT by Phillips modifieds and selling them as Hoffman cars.
It was too bad about the rain, I was one of the many sitting in the lot, waiting out the rain.