PDA

View Full Version : Dqed from dream

Pages : [1] 2

thugginsince89
06-20-2016, 08:50 PM
Five Disqualified Following the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora Speedway for Illegal Tire Samples! - STLRacing.com - http://www.stlracing.com/2016/06/20/five-disqualified-following-the-dirt-late-model-dream-at-eldora-speedway-for-illegal-tire-samples/

rickybrown1952
06-20-2016, 08:57 PM
Rediculouis

SprintFun
06-20-2016, 09:00 PM
http://www.dirtcarump.com/2016/06/20/five-disqualified-following-the-dirt-late-model-dream-at-eldora-speedway/

Five Disqualified Following the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora Speedway
CONCORD, N.C. – June 20, 2016 – DIRTcar Racing officials have disqualified five competitors following failed post-race inspections at the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora Speedway.

Tire samples collected from the #B5 driven by Brandon Sheppard, #22 driven by Gregg Satterlee, #20 driven by Jimmy Owens, #33X driven by Ricky Thornton and #0 driven by Scott Bloomquist and tested by an independent laboratory did not meet established benchmarks in a chemical analysis.

A total of 32 samples were taken throughout the weekend, June 9, 10 and 11, from participants.

All five competitors were found to be in violation of rule 15.11-G and were fined in accordance with rule 11.1.

Rule 15.11-G.) Chemical alterations, vulcanizing, tire softening, defacing and/or altering the face of the tire lettering and/or tire stamping will not be permitted. Chemicals or tire softening is not permitted at any time. Tires may be inspected at any time. Any violation with any tire presented for competition may result in immediate disqualification from the events and/or other penalties including but not limited to; loss of money, fine, loss of points and/or suspension.

All five have been disqualified from the event, including the loss of all purse money and championship points earned during the event, fined $1,000 and penalized 1,000 DIRTcar Late Model points for the 2016 season. The total penalty, including loss of money, fine and the cost of the tire analysis was $19,630 for Sheppard, $4,655 for Satterlee, $7,630 for Owens, $10,930 for Thornton and $6,105 for Bloomquist.

Each has been placed under a three-month suspension from all DIRTcar sanctioned events, which includes World of Outlaws Craftsman® Late Model Series competition, beginning June 11, 2016 and concluding Sept. 11, 2016 and will be under probation following the conclusion of the suspension for the remainder of the 2016 season.

For more information on DIRTcar Racing and all DIRTcar UMP-sanctioned divisions, visit DIRTcar.com. For more information on Eldora Speedway, visit EldoraSpeedway.com.

Pennsboro23
06-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Wow...that shocks me. Stiff penalties, those 5 drivers won't be running the World 100. My first reaction is will these guys hold a grudge against WoO and Eldora when they are off of suspension. Will it hinder the car count at Eldora shows or will smaller teams feel like they get a fair shake there and more of them show up? Questions, questions, questions.

31KMOD
06-20-2016, 09:02 PM
Big names........

B_K
06-20-2016, 09:06 PM
3 of the 5 are Lucas regulars.....

Highside Hustler25
06-20-2016, 09:07 PM
yep. Rickie who?:confused:

SJA #1
06-20-2016, 09:08 PM
O my goodness

racingfool32
06-20-2016, 09:09 PM
So bloomer couldn't make the show with doped tires. lmao

champion24
06-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Wow!! I've heard people swear about most of the big guns are messing with tires to some degree! Glad they were caught. I wish they would've tested everyone there. My first Dream weekend was tainted!

Josh Bayko
06-20-2016, 09:25 PM

They all run tons of WoO and UMP shows.

george w
06-20-2016, 09:27 PM
how many of them will claim they picked up the juice from the track aka someone else's tires ..... seems to be the status quo here lately....

Josh Bayko
06-20-2016, 09:31 PM
how many of them will claim they picked up the juice from the track aka someone else's tires ..... seems to be the status quo here lately....

I predict four Simple Green denials and one guy to just admit he juiced and move on.

W2Racing09
06-20-2016, 09:34 PM
I predict four Simple Green denials and one guy to just admit he juiced and move on.

Since it was WoO/UMP doing the testing I bet it will just be marked down as a big conspiracy theory. You know that WoO/UMP is always out to get the little guys like Bloomquist and Owens.

chathamracefan
06-20-2016, 09:38 PM
If they are willing to enforce the rules against the high level guys, I think it is a good thing. Might help bring back some of the regional type guys over time as they would feel they are on a more even playing field. Too bad it takes some big names away from the WoO/UMP and World 100 but a severe punishment is warranted.

Kind of surprised guys at this level would cheat on a big show like the Dream where you know tech is going to be ramped up.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-20-2016, 09:40 PM
So bloomer couldn't make the show with doped tires. lmao

He used it all up and didnt have any left for tires.

Snake X3
06-20-2016, 09:45 PM
This is just ridiculous.

chathamracefan
06-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Takes them out of Summernationals (Jville was advertising B Shepp being there tomorrow on their Facebook page) as well as PDC (all but Thornton raced there last year as I recall). Aside from the year he crashed in hot laps at World 100, this would have to go down as Bloomer's worst trip to Eldora ever (or maybe tied with the Dream last year).

mopar92
06-20-2016, 09:48 PM
Well, without details that rule is vague. It also includes defacing the lettering. Which could mean grinding off the compound if I am not mistaken.

DarrellGoode
06-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Wow why would they do this knowing they would get caught? And it didn't even help Bloomer. I hope we get to hear their side to the story.

ptown
06-20-2016, 09:50 PM
And all of Feger Nation silently smile.

Pennsboro23
06-20-2016, 09:55 PM
Ricky Thornton posted on facebook that he bought the tires from Eldora during the dream. Take that for what it's worth.

drano
06-20-2016, 09:56 PM
It says they took 32 samples to be fair they should have tested all of them I bet they would have caught more than those 5.

plunks7
06-20-2016, 09:57 PM
Sounds like they want to make sure the WOO's poster child wins more than one of the big races. Nice to see them boys run Cedar Lake and the Lucas Oil dominate.

pkracer
06-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Might be the reason Owens started running better on the Lucas tour?

LMMS24
06-20-2016, 10:05 PM
There is an appeal process right? How does it work?

BadlandsBandit12
06-20-2016, 10:06 PM
If this is all true, I think what they NEED to do is, no more tire grinding, they all have to be brand new

drich24
06-20-2016, 10:12 PM
Sounds like they want to make sure the WOO's poster child wins more than one of the big races. Nice to see them boys run Cedar Lake and the Lucas Oil dominate.

The suspension means they can't race the USA Nats as it is WoO sanctioned. We just lost 5 cars for this years race.

pkracer
06-20-2016, 10:15 PM
How many times has Bloomquist been caught?

old fan
06-20-2016, 10:19 PM
how many times has owens been caught also

Josh Bayko
06-20-2016, 10:20 PM

If it was about that, Dennis Erb would have come back hot too.

old fan
06-20-2016, 10:26 PM
Sounds like they want to make sure the WOO's poster child wins more than one of the big races. Nice to see them boys run Cedar Lake and the Lucas Oil dominate.no sir you cheat and get caught you pay the piper

PennDirt
06-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Wow...that shocks me. Stiff penalties, those 5 drivers won't be running the World 100. My first reaction is will these guys hold a grudge against WoO and Eldora when they are off of suspension. Will it hinder the car count at Eldora shows or will smaller teams feel like they get a fair shake there and more of them show up? Questions, questions, questions.

Considering one driver will be lucky to sell 5K in merch and another one will surpass 250K in sales at the World, yeah, parity will be hard to gauge, won't it.

The suspension means they can't race the USA Nats as it is WoO sanctioned. We just lost 5 cars for this years race.

freecheatersfanfund.com

HoosierDirtFan
06-20-2016, 10:36 PM
Isn't there an appeals process with this that they can go though?

huskerdirt
06-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Isn't there an appeals process with this that they can go though?

Yes. If you are a DirtCar member. Willie Milliken was not a DirtCar member. Therefore, he couldn't appeal.

dirtdobber45
06-20-2016, 10:45 PM
All I can say is wow....we all know about Owens and Bloomer in the past but I just dont see Bshepp and the rest doing any 'soakin' maybe defacing what compound the tire(s) were. Really see them all doing that

Bubstr
06-20-2016, 10:55 PM
The Prarrie Dirt Classic is a WOO sanctioned race also.

lb_sa
06-20-2016, 11:11 PM
Reason #1473627 why I've always been a Billy Moyer fan instead of a Scott Bloomquist fan. Both the greatest to ever do it, but you won't find Mr. Smooth involved with this crap.

zyoung25
06-20-2016, 11:11 PM
I'm seen them taking samples Friday night. I know they took the tires from the top 3 after the 100 lapper on saturday. Other than that I never seen anyone taking samples.

I seen them take samples from Henry Friday after winning his heat, he was parked beside us.

Dante Toledo, OH
06-20-2016, 11:12 PM
If Owens and Bloomquist have already been caught and suspended by UMP in the past. Why are they only getting the same penalty as the first timers? It should be a calendar year at least for those two.

mud duck
06-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Two of the top Rocket drivers and crew chiefs?? Makes you wonder???

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-20-2016, 11:27 PM

This is his first time. Now i wish he would have won! Wouldnt that have been special

pkracer
06-20-2016, 11:35 PM
What is it with Bloomquist and Eldora?

NormP
06-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Doesn't really surprise me about Owens. This is the second time in just a couple years for him.

pkracer
06-21-2016, 12:01 AM
Bloomquist was caught in 2008 at Golden Isles, 2009 at the World Finals, 2013 at Volunteer Speedway at a SAS event and now at Eldora. That I know of. All with cheater tires.

W2Racing09
06-21-2016, 12:04 AM
Two of the top Rocket drivers and crew chiefs?? Makes you wonder???

LOL!

I didn't anticipate a Rocket comment this time. This place never ceases to amaze me.

mud duck
06-21-2016, 12:37 AM
Maybe they were a diversion W2? LOL

J20in1st
06-21-2016, 01:15 AM
yep. Rickie who?:confused:

Rt bought his tires at Eldora. Haters gunna hate, you're the reason I can't stand fager

schlieperfan9
06-21-2016, 01:41 AM
Rt bought his tires at Eldora. Haters gunna hate, you're the reason I can't stand fager

How many car owners come to Eldora or most any track and buy their tires from the track? Most have their tires prepared at their shop or at their hauler and buy at the track only if they need them.

Thornton, jr doesn't own the car, JR Haley does and he would be the guy preparing the tires or buying them from the dealer or the track. Thornton is a percentage driver only with the 33X late model, he wouldn't be buying them.

I think that's the third time Haley's late model has been caught racing with illegal tires, twice previously with the Wissota spec engine series. The drivers of those cars got suspended and were fined and winnings forfeited by Wissota.

Cheaters like Haley don't belong in our sport, period.

Snake X3
06-21-2016, 04:15 AM

And Landers was DQ'd too.

cutman
06-21-2016, 04:47 AM
And Landers was DQ'd too.

From the Dream?

huskerdirt
06-21-2016, 05:01 AM
From the Dream?

For "unsportsmanlike conduct" in his failed attempt to wreck Richards.

Highside Hustler25
06-21-2016, 05:18 AM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Could really give 2 chits who you like or dislike.

I,ve never seen RTJr on the big stage in a National event and all of a sudden is one of the fastest hot rods at one of the biggest races of the year, against the best competition in the world???

Yeh, things that make you go hmmmm.

Guess yer still butthurt over that Knoxville deal.:)

chupp n bloomer fan
06-21-2016, 05:42 AM
Two of the top Rocket drivers and crew chiefs?? Makes you wonder???Out of all that, that's where you went, lmao?

chupp n bloomer fan
06-21-2016, 05:46 AM
I don't understand why anyone would still try and juice tires. Personally, I'd test them all if you tested 32 and got 5 dopers. It's been proven it doesn't help very much, and why risk it? Yeah, Owens has been caught at least twice. Bloomer, at least 4-5. Some of the best drivers out there, and you do this dumb sh!t.

Another thing, how have they been running Lucas and coming up clean? Not like this is a oh, I just wanted to try it once moment.

Guess I know who not to pick for The World 100.

farmer
06-21-2016, 06:04 AM
Finally somebody with a SET !! Drivers that have been caught should be checked at every big race for two yrs that would help put a stop to this

huskerdirt
06-21-2016, 06:09 AM
I don't understand why anyone would still try and juice tires. Personally, I'd test them all if you tested 32 and got 5 dopers. It's been proven it doesn't help very much, and why risk it? Yeah, Owens has been caught at least twice. Bloomer, at least 4-5. Some of the best drivers out there, and you do this dumb sh!t.

Another thing, how have they been running Lucas and coming up clean? Not like this is a oh, I just wanted to try it once moment.

I would understand (almost expect it) if it was a Ray Cook or SAS series race that they weren't gonna run with the rest of the year.

Lucas did bust Robert Baker a few years ago. I'm wondering do Lucas and UMP use the same lab and test for the same things? I guess what I mean does each series have different standards for which a tire is deemed illegal or legal. You could have one tire test clean for Lucas and not test clean for UMP. I know it sounds like a dumb question... Need someone smarter than me..... Paging Kelley Carlton.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-21-2016, 06:10 AM

With the two tires allowed at the Dream and World, there was more speed to gain by cheating. Especially on the first two nights.

GA-DIRT
06-21-2016, 06:16 AM
I would understand (almost expect it) if it was a Ray Cook or SAS series race that they weren't gonna run with the rest of the year.

Lucas did bust Robert Baker a few years ago. I'm wondering do Lucas and UMP use the same lab and test for the same things? I guess what I mean does each series have different standards for which a tire is deemed illegal or legal. You could have one tire test clean for Lucas and not test clean for UMP. I know it sounds like a dumb question... Need someone smarter than me..... Paging Kelley Carlton.
Ray Cook did bust Scott at Bulls Gap

buster83
06-21-2016, 06:28 AM
prepping the tires and soaking the tires two different tire games. they have been prepping tires for half a century.

RRRKKK
06-21-2016, 07:05 AM
Something is wrong here too many DQ I would suspect there was something wrong with the test, for that many to come up wrong! Some years ago we were using Nitrogen in the tires and a test said we were doping, the test are not always correct.

ClampedUp
06-21-2016, 07:10 AM
Finally somebody with a SET !! Drivers that have been caught should be checked at every big race for two yrs that would help put a stop to this

Nothing is going to put a stop to it until BOTH WoO and Lucas get together and ban drivers for at least a year from BOTH series no matter which series it happened at.
This three month ban from WoO is nothing but a slap on the wrist for Owens, Bloomquist, and Sheppard that run the Lucas series who sanction a majority of the big money shows the rest of the season.

Pennsboro23
06-21-2016, 07:12 AM
If you're Jonathan Davenport, how do you feel? Lucas drew up a 3 page rule book just for his left rear and you've got other guys doping tires on the Lucas series. (It's not like this is their first time). I can't believe people aren't talking about Lucas more in this deal. Looks to me like they're letting tire doping go. WoO/UMP just made themselves look a whole lot better than Lucas, integrity wise.

old fan
06-21-2016, 07:17 AM
Nothing is going to put a stop to it until BOTH WoO and Lucas get together and ban drivers for at least a year from BOTH series no matter which series it happened at.This three month ban from WoO is nothing but a slap on the wrist for Owens, Bloomquist, and Sheppard that run the Lucas series who sanction a majority of the big money shows the rest of the season.The Firecracker 100 and World 100 are both affected that's another 100 k

00Hdmn
06-21-2016, 07:18 AM
All I can say is wow....we all know about Owens and Bloomer in the past but I just dont see Bshepp and the rest doing any 'soakin' maybe defacing what compound the tire(s) were. Really see them all doing that

This is the most realistic post I have seen on this topic. I have heard that teams are able to take a soft tire and mark it to look like a hard tire. What really needs to happen is let them do whatever they want with tires and be done with it. That's just my opinion.

Bob Hubbard
06-21-2016, 07:20 AM
This thread has the potential for most post in a thread .... Id guess mostly bloomer fans who are in denial ....

old fan
06-21-2016, 07:25 AM
https://www.hoosiertire.com/safetywarning/index.htm

blncfn57
06-21-2016, 07:32 AM
https://www.hoosiertire.com/safetywarning/index.htm

WARNING: DO NOT ALTER TIRES
Chemical Treatment of Tires: Hoosier Racing Tire strictly forbids any chemical alteration of the tire carcass and/or tread compound such as tire "soaking" or use of tread "softener." Hoosier Racing Tire strictly forbids the physical defacement (removal, altering or covering) of tire sidewall markings in any manner. Failure to comply with this warning could result in premature or catastrophic tire failure and may result in SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.

klemmabyna
06-21-2016, 07:33 AM
wish they would provide a list of those whose tires came back clean.

old fan
06-21-2016, 07:39 AM
nah they couldn't do that

blncfn57
06-21-2016, 07:39 AM
Nothing is going to put a stop to it until BOTH WoO and Lucas get together and ban drivers for at least a year from BOTH series no matter which series it happened at.
This three month ban from WoO is nothing but a slap on the wrist for Owens, Bloomquist, and Sheppard that run the Lucas series who sanction a majority of the big money shows the rest of the season.

It takes Sheppard out of the Summer National races I believe he was planning on running this week, plus the Prairie dirt classic up the road from his house. I agree, not much of a punishment for Owens and Bloomer other than maybe the World 100.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 07:42 AM
Yes. If you are a DirtCar member. Willie Milliken was not a DirtCar member. Therefore, he couldn't appeal.

Words of wisdom as spoken by captain obvious.........

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 07:44 AM
This is the most realistic post I have seen on this topic. I have heard that teams are able to take a soft tire and mark it to look like a hard tire. What really needs to happen is let them do whatever they want with tires and be done with it. That's just my opinion.

And a fine opinion it is.............

UMPDream
If you're Jonathan Davenport, how do you feel? Lucas drew up a 3 page rule book just for his left rear and you've got other guys doping tires on the Lucas series. (It's not like this is their first time). I can't believe people aren't talking about Lucas more in this deal. Looks to me like they're letting tire doping go. WoO/UMP just made themselves look a whole lot better than Lucas, integrity wise.

How does he feel. He feels amazing knowing he doesn't have to run against Jimmy Owens, or Scott Bloomquist in the World, two drivers that can out drive him any day!! Hey, I wonder how many of those 32 tires taken were from the 6 car. I bet you ZERO. ZERO!. Now, he can slam the RR quarter panel completely off and have no pressure! You guys want to talk conspiracy theories, here you go. Amazing how all of this happens as soon as Barry and Jimmy get going.

Kromulous
Great, now the sanctioning bodies are pandering to idiots...

dirt crow
06-21-2016, 07:47 AM
If 3 month suspensions holds up after appeals, that means the rough hairy tattooed nasty a$$es in the stands at the world will be cut to the very minimum. Lol!!!!

Hard rock candy
06-21-2016, 07:48 AM
This is good news for the sport. We need it cleaned up. I would like to see them use lie detector tests like they do in big fishing tournaments. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 07:49 AM
Something is wrong here too many DQ I would suspect there was something wrong with the test, for that many to come up wrong! Some years ago we were using Nitrogen in the tires and a test said we were doping, the test are not always correct.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............feelings are gonna get hurt if you keep that up.

blncfn57
06-21-2016, 07:49 AM
wish they would provide a list of those whose tires came back clean.

They checked the top 3 also, so Erb, Richards and Mcdowell were clean.....

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 07:52 AM
How does he feel. He feels amazing knowing he doesn't have to run against Jimmy Owens, or Scott Bloomquist in the World, two drivers that can out drive him any day!! Hey, I wonder how many of those 32 tires taken were from the 6 car. I bet you ZERO. ZERO!. Now, he can slam the RR quarter panel completely off and have no pressure! You guys want to talk conspiracy theories, here you go. Amazing how all of this happens as soon as Barry and Jimmy get going.

And Barry and jimmy got it going why?..........just adding to the theory.

dirt crow
06-21-2016, 07:54 AM
This is good news for the sport. We need it cleaned up. I would like to see them use lie detector tests like they do in big fishing tournaments. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Well they'd just lie about the lie test. ....Eldora scales was wrong. Tire test wrong. Lie test wrong. It'd never end. Lol

WFO 3
06-21-2016, 07:55 AM
To maybe it true maybe not personally I say it's all BS how is it always on the biggest stage Sam or dirt comes with this bs and if so must be a way bigger issue than we think 5 out of 30 ?? and not test all if they know there so much out there ...said ALL tires in the main was good ! So the 50 k of money will only get moved up so far then go's ??👍What ever !!!!!!what I do know the same clowns that think and say there saving the sport (dirt) are the same ones ruining it in my eyes for me as SAM SAID BUY A BOAT!!!!!!

zyoung25
06-21-2016, 07:56 AM

Wrong.....they 2 samples from the top 2 finishers in the 8 heats Friday. I witnessed Sam walking around with ziplock bag collecting the samples. Also took 2 from 8 cars that made from the b mains Friday night.

Bumpandrun
06-21-2016, 07:56 AM
I'm done being an Owens fan. I know he has been popped before for tire alterations. Tried to give him a second chance, but not anymore. I can't stand cheaters. It's like the baseball players that use steroids. And I understand the people that say "if you ain't cheating, you ain't winning."

blncfn57
06-21-2016, 07:57 AM

I found that a little weird when that story came out. I can't even go to my local track that is UMP sanctioned and run without paying the $100 yearly membership fee. How are guys running the big shows not members?

old fan
06-21-2016, 07:59 AM
if you are going to do it make it big, did they have a tire test at the show me hell no

blncfn57
06-21-2016, 08:05 AM
Well they'd just lie about the lie test. ....Eldora scales was wrong. Tire test wrong. Lie test wrong. It'd never end. Lol

best post so far! The bad thing is, their fans believe them when they say it.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 08:06 AM
Wrong.....they 2 samples from the top 2 finishers in the 8 heats Friday. I witnessed Sam walking around with ziplock bag collecting the samples. Also took 2 from 8 cars that made from the b mains Friday night.

And everybody knows he is as honest as they come.........

UMPDream
06-21-2016, 08:09 AM
And Barry and jimmy got it going why?..........just adding to the theory.

Ok, I will add more to the theory then. The 22 with the king of all crew chiefs cant get out of their own way in Florida until Mark comes to the rescue with some advice. Now Satterlee and Shepherd are both caught. How about UMP answering the question of how many tires were taken from the 6 car and that 1 car. I bet Zero to that also!

In my honest opinion however, I think there is a real problem with what we are using to clean and or sand the tires (maybe the resin in the sanding disk). Knowing what the rules are for this race and the impact for the World 100, you can't tell me that Owens, Bloomquist, Satterlee, Shepherd, with the top wrenches of Barry Wright, Allen, and Edwards would not know the impacts of rolling the dice. They weren't born yesterday and the World 100 is the biggest, most lucrative race for all of us!!

old fan
06-21-2016, 08:10 AM
may not be honest but atleast they check the tires unlike other sanctions

BIGSTEVE00
Wow, what is wrong with our sport here lately? What happened to just let them race? I'm not exactly sure what they are doing to get these fines and DQ's but its a shame that it doesn't happen until a week after the race. I feel sorry for these drivers and teams for what they are going thru. But at the same time if they know better and are doing it anyways then if they get caught then that's on them. Its still crazy IMO. Its just hard for me to believe some of the drivers on that list. Some have been caught before tho. Those penalties are a little harsh imo. Now none of them can run the He11Tour or WoO races. That sucks.

blncfn57
if you are going to do it make it big, did they have a tire test at the show me hell no

So, if you sell drugs 100 times and don't get caught are you exempt from the punishment the one time you do? How about speeding? If the policeman was sitting somewhere new and busts you where you normally get away with it are you entitled to get away with it again? Tire cheating is the biggest chicken(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) way to cheat IMO and they deserve what they get, whether the driver knew of it or not.

blncfn57
06-21-2016, 08:16 AM
Ok, I will add more to the theory then. The 22 with the king of all crew chiefs cant get out of their own way in Florida until Mark comes to the rescue with some advice. Now Satterlee and Shepherd are both caught. How about UMP answering the question of how many tires were taken from the 6 car and that 1 car. I bet Zero to that also!

In my honest opinion however, I think there is a real problem with what we are using to clean and or sand the tires (maybe the resin in the sanding disk). Knowing what the rules are for this race and the impact for the World 100, you can't tell me that Owens, Bloomquist, Satterlee, Shepherd, with the top wrenches of Barry Wright, Allen, and Edwards would not know the impacts of rolling the dice. They weren't born yesterday and the World 100 is the biggest, most lucrative race for all of us!!

I don't believe for one minute that grinding a tire, or even using simple green, will make a tire not pass a lab test. These are excuses from drivers and owners that are looking to keep their fan base and not look like fools. The guys that are tire doping experts get paid alot of money because it's a complicated process.

scrub_fan
06-21-2016, 08:24 AM
But it said non detectable

old fan
06-21-2016, 08:26 AM
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=simple+green+vs+race+tires&view=detail&mid=36A3A437A6E5585AD83736A3A437A6E5585AD837&FORM=VIRE

Pennsboro23
06-21-2016, 08:35 AM

I'm one of the biggest Jimmy Owens fans but come on. Jimmy hasn't ran well for a year until recently. Jimmy is soaking tires and still getting out run by JD on a consistent basis. Jimmy has been caught before, the last time I can remember was the suspension from NDRL.

On another note, we need Hoosier or somebody to make a tutorial video showing a regular tire with no treatment, a tire with treatment, a tire that's grooved and show us the lab process. Spray tires with different chemicals and show us what passes and what does not.

fastford
06-21-2016, 08:47 AM

best post of this thread IMO, I bet the ones involved don't just roll over and throw there legs up this time.....

dirt crow
06-21-2016, 08:56 AM
I'd just like to say that my first trip to cedar lake in August could possibly be bloomer free. Excitement level just went up a few notches. Lol!!!! .....carry on.

UMPDream
06-21-2016, 08:57 AM
I'm one of the biggest Jimmy Owens fans but come on. Jimmy hasn't ran well for a year until recently. Jimmy is soaking tires and still getting out run by JD on a consistent basis. Jimmy has been caught before, the last time I can remember was the suspension from NDRL.

Ok, then how about Lucas Oil and UMP/Woo start posting who's tires were taken and tested. That way, we all know (meaning all teams). With the harsh penalty that Lucas Oil has in place, I doubt if Barry wants to eliminate his place in the Lucas Oil series. They have worked hard on their chassis is the reason why they are better now. Personally, I'm sick of it. If they are caught on a national level, what do you think is happening when they drop in for a local/regional $2500 show? Now, I know why certain XR1's are so much faster than other XR1's on a regional level. This will never end until you start making the teams buy the tires on race day, at the event.

CRK
06-21-2016, 09:01 AM
Ok, then how about Lucas Oil and UMP/Woo start posting who's tires were taken and tested. That way, we all know (meaning all teams). With the harsh penalty that Lucas Oil has in place, I doubt if Barry wants to eliminate his place in the Lucas Oil series. They have worked hard on their chassis is the reason why they are better now. Personally, I'm sick of it. If they are caught on a national level, what do you think is happening when they drop in for a local/regional $2500 show? Now, I know why certain XR1's are so much faster than other XR1's on a regional level. This will never end until you start making the teams buy the tires on race day, at the event.One step closer to NASCAR....get you tire packages at the track. Probably have pre determined groove patterns too so everyone is on a level playing field.

zyoung25
06-21-2016, 09:10 AM
Ok, then how about Lucas Oil and UMP/Woo start posting who's tires were taken and tested. That way, we all know (meaning all teams). With the harsh penalty that Lucas Oil has in place, I doubt if Barry wants to eliminate his place in the Lucas Oil series. They have worked hard on their chassis is the reason why they are better now. Personally, I'm sick of it. If they are caught on a national level, what do you think is happening when they drop in for a local/regional $2500 show? Now, I know why certain XR1's are so much faster than other XR1's on a regional level. This will never end until you start making the teams buy the tires on race day, at the event.

If you read my post, it's pretty obvious who got tested. RT and Satterlee both ran top 2 in heat 6, Bloomer ran 2nd in heat 8, jimmy started on the tail of his b main and finished 4th. BShep ran 2nd in heat 5.

It all happened Friday, regardless of what the article says. I never seen any tire samples taken until after the 100 lapper Saturday night. Bloomquist never even made the feature Saturday, so why else would they take a sample from him when he wasn't even a contender at all Saturday night?

Dante Toledo, OH
06-21-2016, 09:17 AM
All of these race series need to get together on this bs. If you are suspended from one series for 3 months. You should be suspended from all of them. And someone that has been caught for the same thing 4 or 5 times should have a way stiffer penalty then first timers. Bloomquist is racing equal to Barry Bonds or Lance Armstrong. Lots of wins and records but been caught cheating way to many times to be believable. It's BS that someone gets caught cheating in one series and can just show up at the next Lucas race like nothing happened. And for those wondering who was clean. You can check. Eldora post who they will be testing. Top 2 every heat so many from b so many from a etc.

chop6259
06-21-2016, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't be too overly critical of the Lucas Oil series. I know it isn't on the Lucas Oil touring level, but would say Lucas based events in general may be starting to make an effort to crack down. Two weeks ago at the weekly racing series that is run at Wheatland, they took tire samples from the top four of the feature. Not just durometer test, but samples taken and sent to the lab. In the promoter's defense, you have to remember that these lab test are not pro-bono. They do cost money. If they come back clean, I believe the promoter/sanctioning body is stuck with the bill. Lab testing every tire is not really feasible. I don't agree that the lab test are flawed. That is why they take multiple samples from the tire, so that the repeatability of the results can be verified. They are tested against a standard that everyone agrees to when they choose to race with a given sanctioning body. If it was track contamination, you would expect to see that on every sample from every car tested. Then there may be some suspicion, but not when the failures are hit and miss. I do agree that the penalties need to be much stiffer. Make it hurt for the first offense, then banned from all events for the second offense. I can't stand cheaters. They ruin it for everyone else that works so hard to play fair.

heinen81
06-21-2016, 09:23 AM
Tire prep rule, in my opinion, hurts the little guy. First, not all tire preps are softeners. Many are conditioners that bring the tire up to temp faster, and allows the tire temps to plateau and level off, many times adding life to the tire by better controlling temps. Fact of the matter is fans see a better show, competitors (especially the budget guys) have increased tire life, and the correct preps may allow some of the smaller budget teams to bring some of their tires back to life, versus needing 6 new tires to run a touring show and be somewhat competitive. Generally speaking, preps are fairly low cost, especially if it gives your tires an extra night or two of life. Is anyone at that great of an advantage by treating tires on dirt? at best, the results shown are 2-3 tenths on asphalt, curious with the effects on dirt other than preserving the tire through the course of a longer race. With the recent advancements in traction control devices, some that the general fan isn't even aware exists, is more of a threat to the sport than treating tires. It is what it is and they got caught, but if you think those were the only guys at Eldora with treated tires, you are nuts. Just depends what they were using, how much, and if the labs are onto it yet. Its a cat and mouse game.

superstock79
06-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Wonder if all the bloomer fans kept their paper sacks they wore back when he crashed the chrome car?.?. I guess we'll see when the world gets here...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-21-2016, 09:27 AM
Man o man what a mess we have here!

old fan
06-21-2016, 09:30 AM
you would think theses teams would 've learned a lesson but he11 no

UMPDream
06-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Tire prep rule, in my opinion, hurts the little guy. First, not all tire preps are softeners. Many are conditioners that bring the tire up to temp faster, and allows the tire temps to plateau and level off, many times adding life to the tire by better controlling temps. Fact of the matter is fans see a better show, competitors (especially the budget guys) have increased tire life, and the correct preps may allow some of the smaller budget teams to bring some of their tires back to life, versus needing 6 new tires to run a touring show and be somewhat competitive. Generally speaking, preps are fairly low cost, especially if it gives your tires an extra night or two of life. Is anyone at that great of an advantage by treating tires on dirt? at best, the results shown are 2-3 tenths on asphalt, curious with the effects on dirt other than preserving the tire through the course of a longer race. With the recent advancements in traction control devices, some that the general fan isn't even aware exists, is more of a threat to the sport than treating tires. It is what it is and they got caught, but if you think those were the only guys at Eldora with treated tires, you are nuts. Just depends what they were using, how much, and if the labs are onto it yet. Its a cat and mouse game.

I can understand your point of view of why you need prep and how a gallon at $20-$30 ends up saving you money in the long run. However, we aren't talking about $20 gallons of prep. We are talking about 5 gallon buckets that cost hundreds if not more, machines to roll the chemicals, etc... Trust me, you dont want to compete with whats out there compared to the $20 gallon. We have dealt with this for too long now. It's time to start going to a spec tire, no grooving, no siping. Buy it at the track, install it and go race. Does this suck? YES, but its the only way to take care of this once and for all. If those many top teams are willing to sacrifice all purse money, not to mention the World 100, then NO fine or penalty will stop it. The only way to stop it is to do what I'm saying above. That way, all teams will be on an equal tire basis. Trust me, all teams and crews would LOVE to eliminate the grooving and siping that sucks the time out of you. It's time for a big change.

jog49
06-21-2016, 09:49 AM
All this cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct......seems that's the direction the whole (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) country is headed here the last decade or so.

Bob Hubbard
06-21-2016, 09:52 AM
I bet tony wish's he would have checked bloomers tire last year when he was lite on the scales ..... Than what ....

racingfool32
06-21-2016, 09:52 AM
A lot of "BUTTHURT" bloomer fans here complaining. lmao

gorj
06-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Until a series, WoO or Lucas suspends a series regular, I won't buy into their way of enforcing the rules.
Suspend one of your own and I'll believe you are being fair with all competitors. It's a joke.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Until a series, WoO or Lucas suspends a series regular, I won't buy into their way of enforcing the rules.
Suspend one of your own and I'll believe you are being fair with all competitors. It's a joke.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let em run open tires OR make them buy them at the track the day of the race.....clearly the methods of selective enforcement being used arent working.

TS FAN
06-21-2016, 10:07 AM

They might hold a grudge against Eldora, but not against the purse money and prestige of winning there holds. No worries

davis2902
06-21-2016, 10:15 AM
LMAO! All the people on here so upset about this. Answer this, how many cars would be on the track if the entire rule book was really fully enforced?

They cheated, they new it, they got caught. Some have learned a lesson, some will never learn!

old fan
Until a series, WoO or Lucas suspends a series regular, I won't buy into their way of enforcing the rules. Suspend one of your own and I'll believe you are being fair with all competitors. It's a joke. yep a good long time out for the Driver and team owners and crew members can we say multiple years betcha bshep wishes he was back in his own ride

TS FAN
The UMP races, the World 100? Am I to understand these guys can't run in these events? What other events are they barred from? Thanks for any info.

Cooter Davenport
06-21-2016, 10:17 AM
We have dealt with this for too long now. It's time to start going to a spec tire, no grooving, no siping. Buy it at the track, install it and go race. Does this suck? YES, but its the only way to take care of this once and for all.

That sounds good in theory, but if tires are sold on a first come first serve basis, then the last guy in line gets screwed....everyone like to run certain amounts of stagger, and if you are the last in line to get tires, you would get stuck with what's left.....

chupp n bloomer fan
06-21-2016, 10:20 AM
best post so far! The bad thing is, their fans believe them when they say it.I like how crow and you speak for all Bloomer fans, comical. I don't for a second think he didn't juice tires. Only one I have doubt about is Ricky Thornton Jr. The other 4 I'd go with guilty as charged.

And for crow, 6'2" 200, no tats, don't smoke.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-21-2016, 10:22 AM
The UMP races, the World 100? Am I to understand these guys can't run in these events? What other events are they barred from? Thanks for any info.All WoO events, Summer Nats, anything that WRG owns. You got the other 2 worth mentioning.

formercrewguy
06-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Tire samples are usually a random deal. The samples are tested much like a go-no-go carb guage. The labs don't describe WHAT foreign chemicals are found, only that there ARE. A team can appeal, but THEY have to pay for a lab to test and IDENTIFY the particular chemical found. I doubt they would overturn the decision though. The rule says NO chemicals. That includes WD-40, Tide, Mr. Clean, PineSol, Crisco(yes we used to use it on the outer sidewalls), or any other stuff. Also, I seriously doubt ANY of the drivers had anything to do with juicing the tires, the crewchiefs would be the ones making the call.

This is my story and i'm sticking to it!

TS FAN
06-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the info. I am assuming then they will be able to run at Florence for the Lucas events.

Bob Hubbard
06-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Id like to know the names of the drivers / teams that passed the test ....

waaac77
06-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Good to see they're looking for guys who cheat but agree that I don't buy that they're checking across the board until they suspend one of their own. I have no problem whatsoever inhaling dirt and dust that always gets kicked up but I do have a problem if there are chemicals in that dust. I would say each series better start paying attention to this problem before it really becomes a problem. These guys are not only cheating they are harming others. All series' better start being more proactive and enforcing this rule. They need to crack down now and put an end to it. 3 month suspension is laughable. A year would be better but if you suspend them for two years or life, it will stop immediately. Cant do that though. That would be too harsh and could make people upset. No responsibility anymore.

I like Bloomer a lot but if he is guilty he should be done. Way too many chances. I like all these 5 guys a lot but this is a bunch of BS. Grow a pair of balls Lucas/WoO and wake up. Do you want to put and end to it or just keep handing out suspensions all the time?

Pennsboro23
06-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info. I am assuming then they will be able to run at Florence for the Lucas events.

Yes, Lucas series is not involved in any way except for their drivers being caught at another event.

formercrewguy
06-21-2016, 10:49 AM
We were tested at I-80 last year. Lucas does a pretty good job.

dirtracefan21
06-21-2016, 10:53 AM

Is this #4 or #5 now? Once a cheater...always a cheater! IDIOT!!

clayman2
06-21-2016, 10:54 AM
i mean u guys dont think that they juiced all them tires just for Eldora do ya ? o yea rite they would never run those ties at a lucas race !!!!!

dirtracefan21
06-21-2016, 11:05 AM
how many times has owens been caught also

I believe this is #2 or 3 for the "Newport Cheater"!

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 11:08 AM
So let me get this straight.........another poster said that an official named Sam was walking around the pits , snipping tires and putting samples into ziplock baggies.

Well that sounds like a very legit way to collect samples......doesn't it?
No possible way any of those samples could be tainted or handled incorrectly........right?

If samples collected and sent off are a must, I for one would like for there to be a little more accountability throughout the chain........not saying there is foul play, but the collection and submission system being used is certainly ripe for it.

Cardirt0
06-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Watched them tecing cars for Nascar... 2oneT of a inch..ALL the rules .. LOTS of cash needed.. And they cant under stand why 60% of the seats are not full..If they want this to STOP you gone for a Year 10,000 fine... JUST do it...

th3Swami
06-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan of driver A supports tire testing when driver B gets caught.
Fan of driver A says tire testing is BS when driver A gets caught.
Priceless.

I want to know who calibrated the tire tester! haha

old fan
06-21-2016, 11:35 AM
what if your a fan of driver c that got caught

Pennsboro23
06-21-2016, 11:36 AM
The Firecracker will be the cleanest race of all time...

old fan
06-21-2016, 11:38 AM
maybe it will maybe it won't

Cardirt0
06-21-2016, 11:41 AM
I got one for you .. You put on new tire and let the car down ...right in the brake cleaner you just used on the brakes.. you roll the car back.. and Sam comes up and snips the tire... you just got DQ....Think about it ... Its only as good as the Test you do....

racingfool32
06-21-2016, 11:44 AM
Fan of driver A supports tire testing when driver B gets caught.
Fan of driver A says tire testing is BS when driver A gets caught.
Priceless.

I want to know who calibrated the tire tester! haha

Funny how that works...................

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 11:44 AM
Col. Mustard , did it in the library, with the candlestick............yep,just about like that.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 11:45 AM
Funny how that works...................

And even funnier , the ones it works on.

dirtisforracin
06-21-2016, 11:45 AM
WOW. I find it hard to believe that crew chiefs, owners, and drivers would risk getting caught. I believe if they are gonna check random, all tires from every car are tested. Make results public! This who was and wasn't tested is BS! Feel for fans that some of those drivers wont be a specific show now though.
Anyone remember Hartman soaking his tires in creek at Pennsboro at DTWC? Also a lot of the drivers, and crew chiefs are pushing the boundaries. Totally agree that WRG (UMP, WOO) and Lucas Oil need to work together and set standards. As I can see the possibility of Lucas coming after WOO drivers now.

formercrewguy
06-21-2016, 11:50 AM
Just saw this....................

Best Performance Motorsports
26 mins ·
On behalf of Best Performance Motorsports and Brandon Sheppard I’d like to release the following statement:

We will be at the Summer National races tonight, as we have nothing to hide. We are appealing the penalty that we have received, and have already begun the process. Brandon, myself, and the entire team, work way too hard to do something as foolish as cheating on tires. We have too much respect for Eldora and the sport of racing. We would like to thank all of our supporters and fans as we work to get through this.

- Randall Edwards

formercrewguy
06-21-2016, 11:53 AM
And this..............

Bloomquist..................." i diint do nuttin".....

Pennsboro23
06-21-2016, 11:54 AM
WOW. I find it hard to believe that crew chiefs, owners, and drivers would risk getting caught. I believe if they are gonna check random, all tires from every car are tested. Make results public! This who was and wasn't tested is BS! Feel for fans that some of those drivers wont be a specific show now though.
Anyone remember Hartman soaking his tires in creek at Pennsboro at DTWC? Also a lot of the drivers, and crew chiefs are pushing the boundaries. Totally agree that WRG (UMP, WOO) and Lucas Oil need to work together and set standards. As I can see the possibility of Lucas coming after WOO drivers now.

As for your last statement. I see it the other way around. Lucas drivers going to WoO. Guys like JD, McCreadie, Erb, O'Neal etc want a fair shake. They don't want to run against cheaters if they don't have to. Just my opinion.

Snake X3
06-21-2016, 11:57 AM
So let me get this straight.........another poster said that an official named Sam was walking around the pits , snipping tires and putting samples into ziplock baggies.

No possible way any of those samples could be tainted or handled incorrectly........right?

LOL! You sound like Barry Scheck at the OJ trial, bro'! If they are going to take large amounts of cash and suspend drivers they need to make sure they handle the evidence properly.

jr29
06-21-2016, 12:07 PM

Yes. It's embarrassing.

blncfn57
06-21-2016, 12:13 PM
I like how crow and you speak for all Bloomer fans, comical. I don't for a second think he didn't juice tires. Only one I have doubt about is Ricky Thornton Jr. The other 4 I'd go with guilty as charged.

And for crow, 6'2" 200, no tats, don't smoke.

I'm far from a bloomer fan, although I try not to bash him simply because he is very talented. I have no doubt about any of them. Why would you have a doubt about Thornton? He may not have even known and may not have allowed it had he known, but the owner of that car has been caught on several occasions. My comment was simply that NONE of these 5 will admit it, even if they are guilty. Most murderers deny murdering people too......

W2Racing09
06-21-2016, 12:15 PM

Well it is a fact that Richards was tested and passed, and if WRG was trying to screw over Lucas guys they would of tested/failed Erb to hand the win to Richards.

I don't get how people can't accept that these guys soaked tires and move on. Seriously, is it that hard to believe Bloomquist or Owens do it? They have both been caught before.

Thanks,
Jeff.

old fan
06-21-2016, 12:19 PM
RATS (Racers Against Tire Sampling) and the official motto is "we only washed them" ‪#ýblamesimplegreen‬ ‪#ýitwasntme‬ the official spokesmen for RATS Bloomquist Owens Sheppard Satterlee ‪#ýstraightouttatireprep‬ < cause you used it all at Eldora Speedway

Bigracer93
06-21-2016, 12:26 PM
It is comical that people think buying tires the day of the race is a possibility. Most drivers spend 30 minutes to a hour siping, grooving, and grinding each tire. If you put a spec tire with nothing allowed you will see races just like Indy was for NASCAR a few years ago where if Hoosier screws up there will be pit stops every 15 laps. Also the endless possibilities of tires is what makes most races exciting, the guy that leads uses up his tires and has to fight the dogs off. Everybody wants to complain that the aerodynamics of the cars are causing the racing to worsen (which isn't true) then go ahead and put everybody on the same tire and watch the train race happen. Frankly I don't care who got busted but everybody seems to have an opinion on how to fix it without doing anything but watching it instead of being in the shop Monday through Friday

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Is there a membership fee for this RATS

DEKconsulting
06-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Half the tires on the hoosier truck prolly wouldnt pass lab tests or the sniffer

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-21-2016, 12:32 PM
This thread is going to set a record on 4m for most posts along w views. Lmao

13,350 views as of this post

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 12:32 PM
It is comical that people think buying tires the day of the race is a possibility. Most drivers spend 30 minutes to a hour siping, grooving, and grinding each tire. If you put a spec tire with nothing allowed you will see races just like Indy was for NASCAR a few years ago where if Hoosier screws up there will be pit stops every 15 laps. Also the endless possibilities of tires is what makes most races exciting, the guy that leads uses up his tires and has to fight the dogs off. Everybody wants to complain that the aerodynamics of the cars are causing the racing to worsen (which isn't true) then go ahead and put everybody on the same tire and watch the train race happen. Frankly I don't care who got busted but everybody seems to have an opinion on how to fix it without doing anything but watching it instead of being in the shop Monday through Friday

But aren't the guys that are in the shops Monday through Friday the ones that just got caught using the current system of enforcement?

The way you are making it sound , it's the tires that make them all so good???

You don't think if they were all put on the same tire that the better drivers would figure out how to get around somebody??

I will respectfully disagree.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Half the tires on the hoosier truck prolly wouldnt pass lab tests or the sniffer

You noticed that too?

old fan
06-21-2016, 12:37 PM
Is there a membership fee for this RATSno you just have to have a race car that is mostly and or green

blncfn57
06-21-2016, 12:39 PM
As for your last statement. I see it the other way around. Lucas drivers going to WoO. Guys like JD, McCreadie, Erb, O'Neal etc want a fair shake. They don't want to run against cheaters if they don't have to. Just my opinion.

The standard is, don't bake chemicals into your tire....... pretty simple. So, do you want them to set a limit that its ok to do it this much, but not this much? Idk, the whole deal is a bad subject because right now in this country we are all about blaming the enforcers and not the ones breaking the rules. 32 samples and 5 were found outside the benchmark. Wonder how them other 27 samples didn't result in DQ's. I'm guessing because they were not from a chemically altered tire. If the test is wrong we would have seen alot more guys getting in trouble.

TackyTracker
can't really say I'm surprised here...

Bigracer93
BBQ boy even the events with spec tires (Arizona) allow siping and grinding. You take that away which is what making drivers buy tires at a track will do and all you will see is guys in line trying not to blister tire because tire has no way to release heat. Also most of the national guys are sponsored by Hoosier tires so there goes those sponsorships so you're taking more money from the driver

blncfn57
06-21-2016, 12:41 PM
5 found illegal out of 32 tested. How did all the others manage to pass???

formercrewguy
06-21-2016, 12:49 PM
This thread is going to set a record on 4m for most posts along w views. Lmao

13,350 views as of this post

12,000 was ME!!!! lol

cutman
06-21-2016, 12:53 PM
You noticed that too?

Just curious, not bashing. What was there to notice?

waaac77
06-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Curious what the record is for most posts??? Views?

Josh Bayko
06-21-2016, 01:15 PM
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let em run open tires OR make them buy them at the track the day of the race.....clearly the methods of selective enforcement being used arent working.

Lucas suspended Terry Casey back in the day, but Casey admitted he soaked his tires.

slmcrewchief99
06-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Say what you want about the procedure but when we have been checked (and have multiple times) they do a pretty good job of it. They have you take "you're" grooving iron and have "you" cut 3 to 4 1" long plugs out of the tire all around it. Not just in 1 place. The series rep has on rubber gloves to keep his hands away from it. "You" take the pieces and place in a ziplock bag, then place in a "Piss Bottle" like you use at the dr. They tape the bottle up and you sign it, put it in a sealable envelope and then the Crewman or Driver that does the cuts MUST SIGN the package. No it's not CSI but they are attempting to do it the best way possible at the track.

Another thing that some of ya'll may not consider is WHICH tire did they get a sample of. We have NEVER been checked when they took samples of all 4 tires. Depending on the many different factors at the track as to what tire to cheat and what tire that may get checked play in to all this. ANY or ALL of the Dream finishers could have used an illegal tire. If they checked everyones left rear but they had a doped RF then we will never know now will we. It's happening everywhere and at EVERY race. Guys are doing what they can to win races. They have a 75% chance of getting away with it. That's why they do it. The odds are in their favor. ALL the sanctioning bodies NEED to come together and do something. Until it hits the teams at ALL races then its a mute point. Fine them, suspend them from "ALL" races for a few months (longer for multiple offences), and make it known what the exact infraction was. All the series need to GROW a set and come together to make a change.

victorylane
06-21-2016, 01:22 PM
In response to those that can't believe teams would actually prep tires.

LOL!! ya there's no way they would do that. LOL! wake up. they did it and they got caught. quit blaming the system. The Dirt Late Model world would be better if these series would take this more seriously. Don't just slap your own stars on the hand and tell them to be careful cause they might get dq'ed. Also, Tire prep chemicals DOES NOT save anybody any money. That makes me laugh everytime I hear that one. Any racer that tells you that is the one that can't keep up without it. JMHO.

victorylane
06-21-2016, 01:28 PM
completely agree slmcrewchief99!

Trax53
06-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Id like to see what chemicals were in the tires... Why do we never get to actually SEE the lab results??

victorylane
06-21-2016, 01:33 PM
Just wait. The teams that got caught will tell what it was. Washed their tires with some degreaser, soap, or drove thru some oil on the track or in the pits. LOL!!! come up with some new ones.

fastford
06-21-2016, 01:40 PM
may have been some of that goat piss somebody on here used to use....

kipling
06-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Bloomer doesn't get to the track early enough to buy tires there.

victorylane
06-21-2016, 01:50 PM
I just figured it out. all these companies and independents just make these preps for something to do. Nobody is buying it and using it.
Or, wait a second its just the slow guys at the back and the fast guys up front are running in it on the track and that's what causes the bad samples. That's it. cause they are so much more talented than everybody else that there is no way they would cheat.

Mud Packer
06-21-2016, 02:02 PM
First of all, I'm just an idiot fan of all racing including late models. I don't have a favorite driver or team but just enjoy watching the sport of auto racing. However, I HATE CHEATERS. If this trend continues, and I don't think it will stop without some more serious consequences.

All the series need to come together and for the good of racing set a procedure across the board on handling cheaters. First offense-a set suspension with loss of points and money won. 3 Months minimum? Second offense-a larger set suspension with loss of points and money won plus a fine. 1 year minimum? Third offense-5 year ban?

If you think that cheating will stop even with this, you are sadly mistaken. Look at how baseball has suspended folks and it seems every week another player gets suspended for drugs. At least get rid of the cheaters for a prolonged period of time.

If I sponsor one of these cheaters, the first thing I would do is pull the sponsorship. I certainly wouldn't want my name associated with cheaters in any form. If they lose a sponsor, maybe that will also help clean this mess up. Stop blaming the system when you in fact are cheating. I don't care why you cheated, you still cheated.

End of rant.

jog49
06-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Remember back in the day when a white van would go to one specific hauler, drop off some tires, and then leave the race track property? Not calling any names though. LOL!

victorylane
06-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Sorry I just remembered another good one. They used soap to mount the tire on the wheel! That caused the bad sample.

ClampedUp
06-21-2016, 02:14 PM
If this test was done by a certified testing facility/lab they would have kept an unaltered sample of the "tested tire" so if their results were taken to task either they could retest the sample or the team could request the tire be sent to another certified testing facility/lab at their expense.
Have never heard of a team or driver doing this and if it was done obviously the retest proved the same outcome because it would have been plastered all over 4m and the interweb if it come back clean.
A major issue I see is these series have NEVER come out and said what chemicals have been found to eliminate any issues of the testing be on the level.
They have no problem putting the drivers names out there so it shouldn't be an issue putting out what they found.

Snake X3
06-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Well it is a fact that Richards was tested and passed, and if WRG was trying to screw over Lucas guys they would of tested/failed Erb to hand the win to Richards.

The conspiracy theory is a joke, but if people want to play that game you could say they didn't DQ Erb because it would take away the feel good story of the race. It's all silly anyway...sad and silly.

Snake X3
06-21-2016, 02:40 PM
Story from DoD with statements from some of the drivers accused etc...

http://dirtondirt.com/story_9134.html

B_K
06-21-2016, 02:43 PM
They all run tons of WoO and UMP shows.

Yeah, I know.....

Just thought it was interesting three of the guys popped were Lucas guys. Some of which that if you look at results over the last couple of months are running really well after a struggle or two.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-21-2016, 02:48 PM

Dont know but looks like this on is going thru the roof!

Smooth 21 Fan
06-21-2016, 03:09 PM
Lucas suspended Terry Casey back in the day, but Casey admitted he soaked his tires.
Not sure if you are a Casey fan or a Bloomer fan ...But I was at the North South when they caught Terry and after Friday night was over a friend and I ran into Terry at a local Denny's and he told us that Scott was selling the stuff ..I ask him how it was used and he replied " Its in a can and you inject it into the valve stem "

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 03:48 PM
BBQ boy even the events with spec tires (Arizona) allow siping and grinding. You take that away which is what making drivers buy tires at a track will do and all you will see is guys in line trying not to blister tire because tire has no way to release heat. Also most of the national guys are sponsored by Hoosier tires so there goes those sponsorships so you're taking more money from the driver

I understand how it all works currently, I guess my question would be to you then , why can't Hoosier bring a tire to the track that's race ready already grooved and siped.......

It may not be to the drivers style of grooving and siping,but will eliminate the blistering issue..........I'm on the side of running whatever open tire you want, but since that's not going to happen, what would you propose?

The current collection system and good old boy look the other way deal because of who you are clearly isn't working...........it's almost laughable.

Bigracer93
06-21-2016, 03:55 PM
There's 2 options. 1. Make it legal and say boys have at it, like most have said it will save money in the long haul, I believe it's around $100 a gallon right now so if you can get an extra race out of a set of a tires it will save money. 2. Make the penalties stiffer to discourage it even more but Lucas and WOO would have to get together on that.

Clayton_Wetter
06-21-2016, 04:00 PM
Reason #1473627 why I've always been a Billy Moyer fan instead of a Scott Bloomquist fan. Both the greatest to ever do it, but you won't find Mr. Smooth involved with this crap.

My jaw just fell on the floor!!!!

MI Dirt Fan
06-21-2016, 04:01 PM

Either the "prayer chain" thread or "last one to post" thread. Well over 20 pages. No idea how many views. Probly 30-40 thousand.

Bubstr
06-21-2016, 04:13 PM
I heard two things on Twitter, made by a driver. One everyone knew what tires they where checking before the races. It was stated at the drivers meeting. And one that said LOLM made 2 pages of rules against one driver and still let the majority of the top ten, prep their tires.

old fan
06-21-2016, 04:17 PM
I understand how it all works currently, I guess my question would be to you then , why can't Hoosier bring a tire to the track that's race ready already grooved and siped.......It may not be to the drivers style of grooving and siping,but will eliminate the blistering issue..........I'm on the side of running whatever open tire you want, but since that's not going to happen, what would you propose?The current collection system and good old boy look the other way deal because of who you are clearly isn't working...........it's almost laughable.does hoosier know what the track conditions will be any time of the night I think not

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Either the "prayer chain" thread or "last one to post" thread. Well over 20 pages. No idea how many views. Probly 30-40 thousand.

Wow thats alot. I guess we got a ways to go then.

billetbirdcage
06-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Say what you want about the procedure but when we have been checked (and have multiple times) they do a pretty good job of it. They have you take "you're" grooving iron and have "you" cut 3 to 4 1" long plugs out of the tire all around it. Not just in 1 place. The series rep has on rubber gloves to keep his hands away from it. "You" take the pieces and place in a ziplock bag, then place in a "Piss Bottle" like you use at the dr. They tape the bottle up and you sign it, put it in a sealable envelope and then the Crewman or Driver that does the cuts MUST SIGN the package. No it's not CSI but they are attempting to do it the best way possible at the track.

Another thing that some of ya'll may not consider is WHICH tire did they get a sample of. We have NEVER been checked when they took samples of all 4 tires. Depending on the many different factors at the track as to what tire to cheat and what tire that may get checked play in to all this. ANY or ALL of the Dream finishers could have used an illegal tire. If they checked everyones left rear but they had a doped RF then we will never know now will we. It's happening everywhere and at EVERY race. Guys are doing what they can to win races. They have a 75% chance of getting away with it. That's why they do it. The odds are in their favor. ALL the sanctioning bodies NEED to come together and do something. Until it hits the teams at ALL races then its a mute point. Fine them, suspend them from "ALL" races for a few months (longer for multiple offences), and make it known what the exact infraction was. All the series need to GROW a set and come together to make a change.

I can tell you from having tire samples taken from many times, that if this procedure isn't done 90% of the time its for show and the samples are not sent in to be tested and they are doing it just to look like they are testing tires. I've had several time that samples where taken when we won or ran top 3 in 10K or more races and could tell it was done for show. Hell once we won heat and feature of a 10K race and was in first heat of 6, it was 20 to 30 minutes after the final heat race before they came to our trailer to get the tire sample. We had already had the car ready to load, when they asked for the LR tire sample. They took my word that I hadn't changed the tires and put them in the trailer so they took a sample of the tire on the car. They had no gloves on and didn't put a new blade in the groover either and put the sample in a bag with some other samples, REALLY! There is no way those samples got sent in and tested because they had no idea who's was who's.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 04:51 PM
I can tell you from having tire samples taken from many times, that if this procedure isn't done 90% of the time its for show and the samples are not sent in to be tested and they are doing it just to look like they are testing tires. I've had several time that samples where taken when we won or ran top 3 in 10K or more races and could tell it was done for show. Hell once we won heat and feature of a 10K race and was in first heat of 6, it was 20 to 30 minutes after the final heat race before they came to our trailer to get the tire sample. We had already had the car ready to load, when they asked for the LR tire sample. They took my word that I hadn't changed the tires and put them in the trailer so they took a sample of the tire on the car. They had no gloves on and didn't put a new blade in the groover either and put the sample in a bag with some other samples, REALLY! There is no way those samples got sent in and tested because they had no idea who's was who's.

Can someone say " smoking gun"????

Yikes.

Can't really say I'm surprised by any of the above commentary............and wait for it, wait for it.............commentary from a guy that actually RACES with the series.

The whole thing is a joke......

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 04:57 PM
does hoosier know what the track conditions will be any time of the night I think not

what the heck difference does that make???? they come to the track with a couple approved compounds of already factory grooved and siped tires ready to race.

End of story.

the tire mfg. have no interest in tire longevity for the weekenders.............fwiw.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 04:59 PM
does hoosier know what the track conditions will be any time of the night or do they care about the weekend guys being able to make a set of tires last longer........I think not

Fixed for accuracy........

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 05:10 PM
5 found illegal out of 32 tested. How did all the others manage to pass???

Is anyone 100% sure the other 27 were even sent in?

Surely there are records of how many sent, method of sending, results , who signed for and handled what, etc........redundancy should be paramount in the collection ,testing and recording process.....there aren't many laboratories anywhere in any field that don't practice it.

Seriously, all it will take is for a high profile owner or sponsor that don't mind spending the money to take someone to task for falsely or incorrectly accusing them of cheating.....then the process will change.

If they are all cheating ,then screw them and they get what they get...........but at the very least , let's make the testing procedure 100 percent accurate and those handling and implementing the samples equally as accountable.

billetbirdcage
06-21-2016, 05:18 PM
Can someone say " smoking gun"????

Yikes.

Can't really say I'm surprised by any of the above commentary............and wait for it, wait for it.............commentary from a guy that actually RACES with the series.

The whole thing is a joke......

I did not say this was with WoO or lucas, and in fact is wasn't it's various other series mostly more regional series then anything. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 05:31 PM
I did not say this was with WoO or lucas, and in fact is wasn't it's various other series mostly more regional series then anything. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I think most everyone understood what you were saying...........my smoking gun comment was more a generalized ( throw a blanket over it husker style ) statement.

Its time for some team owners to demand a better system.........as it is now , it's based on a trust factor of hopefully they are doing it correctly , unbiased and for the right reasons.

If everyone here is being honest with themselves, do you think that is actually occurring every single time.........talking about the unbiased and right reasons comment.

If I sound like I am untrusting and uncomfortable with the process , I am...........

Hard rock candy
06-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Owens......LIAR........ Satterlee.......LIAR......Sheppard........LIAR.... .....ThOrnton.......LIAR............Bloomer....... .Silent..so far

billetbirdcage
06-21-2016, 05:47 PM
I think most everyone understood what you were saying...........my smoking gun comment was more a generalized ( throw a blanket over it husker style ) statement.

Its time for some team owners to demand a better system.........as it is now , it's based on a trust factor of hopefully they are doing it correctly , unbiased and for the right reasons.

If everyone here is being honest with themselves, do you think that is actually occurring every single time.........talking about the unbiased and right reasons comment.

If I sound like I am untrusting and uncomfortable with the process , I am...........

I hear you, I question both sides of it.

It's not like the lab hasn't failed and came to the wrong test result before. Take the time a lab tested a American racer tire and it failed, don't remember the driver/car now but they appealed the result and come to find out the lab tested the wrong benchmark either by their fault or as I recall AM sent that wrong benchmark to test against the tire. I'm not really sure how many have been reversed, maybe that is the only one but I do question how many times has there been a mistake. I can't answer how reliable the tests are.

It does go both ways, labs can make mistakes just as racers will cheat. I just want to be sure innocent people don't get convicted but I do believe it's rare as most of the results are likely correct and are cheated tires. However I want this $hit out of racing also.

That all being said: I can tell you with 100% certainty that teams are sending samples to the labs themselves so they know what can or can't pass. So I question how many times would you pass a test if you sent the same sample in 10 times? it's been asked why to teams risk it, it's because they have sent samples in to blue ridge labs and they passed so they didn't think they'd get caught, IMO

Everyone should be un-trusting and uncomfortable with the testing

Disclaimer: This is all my Opinion, it's worth the paper it written on and besides it's an internet post so that means it's 99% chance it's false (Grin)

ClampedUp
06-21-2016, 05:49 PM
Owens......LIAR........ Satterlee.......LIAR......Sheppard........LIAR.... .....ThOrnton.......LIAR............Bloomer....... .Silent..so far

CONCORD, N.C. – June 21, 2016 – Brandon Sheppard, Greg Satterlee, Scott Bloomquist and Jimmy Owens have appealed their disqualifications and suspensions following a failed post-race inspection at the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora Speedway. An appeal is expected from Ricky Thornton Jr. but has not yet been received.

In accordance with rule 12.1-K, competitors who file an appeal will have penalties temporarily deferred. Both will be allowed to compete at DIRTcar sanctioned events until their appeals are heard on Monday, June 27.

Sheppard, Satterlee, Bloomquist, Owens and Thornton were disqualified and suspended after tire samples collected during the Dream and tested by an independent laboratory did not meet established benchmarks in a chemical analysis.

All licensed DIRTcar Members in good standing are able to request an appeal and have a total of seven days from the issuance of a penalty to request the appeal.

For more information on DIRTcar Racing and all DIRTcar UMP-sanctioned divisions, visit DIRTcar.com. For more information on Eldora Speedway, visit EldoraSpeedway.com.

castone
06-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Anyone know any teams that has won an appeal? Why can't they just man up fess up and move on!

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 06:03 PM
I hear you, I question both sides of it.

It's not like the lab hasn't failed and came to the wrong test result before. Take the time a lab tested a American racer tire and it failed, don't remember the driver/car now but they appealed the result and come to find out the lab tested the wrong benchmark either by their fault or as I recall AM sent that wrong benchmark to test against the tire. I'm not really sure how many have been reversed, maybe that is the only one but I do question how many times has there been a mistake. I can't answer how reliable the tests are.

It does go both ways, labs can make mistakes just as racers will cheat. I just want to be sure innocent people don't get convicted but I do believe it's rare as most of the results are likely correct and are cheated tires. However I want this $hit out of racing also.

That all being said: I can tell you with 100% certainty that teams are sending samples to the labs themselves so they know what can or can't pass. So I question how many times would you pass a test if you sent the same sample in 10 times? it's been asked why to teams risk it, it's because they have sent samples in to blue ridge labs and they passed so they didn't think they'd get caught, IMO

Everyone should be un-trusting and uncomfortable with the testing

Disclaimer: This is all my Opinion, it's worth the paper it written on and besides it's an internet post so that means it's 99% chance it's false (Grin)

OH there is no doubt that teams are sending in samples to see what is detectable......to the same labs that are getting paid by the series to test for cheats.

Question is, how can it come back as clean to the teams that are sending them and dirty when they are submitted by the series?

The whole thing is foul.

And the American racer deal was with Scott Autry at the Carolina crown event ........to the tune of 30 grand in winnings I believe.
Glad they were vindicated.

Have zero problem with testing if that's the route the series decide to take ........how it's all handled , enforced ( or not enforced) and overseen is where I have the biggest beef.

Again, somebody going to get their feelings and their wallets hurt by someone who is truly innocent and can prove it..........that's when the process will change.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 06:04 PM
Anyone know any teams that has won an appeal? Why can't they just man up fess up and move on!

Yes.........

Andrews42FAN
06-21-2016, 06:11 PM

If samples collected and sent off are a must, I for one would like for there to be a little more accountability throughout the chain........not saying there is foul play, but the collection and submission system being used is certainly ripe for it.

We were by Satterlees ride when they took samples. They weren't just throwing chunks of rubber into random bags. The bags had been labeled and another dude was recording everything on a clipboard regarding the driver, tire compound in use, etc. They were doing a very through job of recording and ensuring that everything was correctly labeled and associated to the driver.

When they were testing Satterlees tires he was fairly agitated and short with everyone.

drano
06-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Just have them pick the tires up at the track the day of the race it's a simple fix.

Highside Hustler25
06-21-2016, 06:30 PM
Could it be a conspiracy?

This is how I break it down.

1. Scott Bloomquist

Lucas boy thru and thru. Left WoO in 2004 and never looked back. Been a Lucas regular since 2009 and has been the Lucas Oil poster child for the last 6 years.

2. Jimmy Owens

The other Lucas poster child. 3 Lucas titles in a row. Only National series he's ever competed in. Bleeds Lucas oil red second only to Scott.

3. Brandon Sheppard

One of the hottest young guns out there. Gained National exposure with WoO when he got the Rocket house car ride for a year. WoO thought they might get a fresh young driver for their series as some of the WoO originals are getting close to the end of their careers on a National level. But wait, B Shep ends up joining the Lucas tour right when they're in dire need of some new good talent after losing T Mac and Lanigan.

4. Greg Satterlee

Ran the WoO tour for quite a few years and has since dropped off to run a more regional schedule.

5. Ricky Thornton

sorry:(I got nothin here

I do find it strange that I can not remember WoO ever busting one of their regulars. Maybe coincidental who knows but it sure smells fishy. One thing I do know, WoO can't afford to suspend one of their own if they want to maintain a traveling series.

bb14
06-21-2016, 06:33 PM
Is anything still mixed withe water when they water the track? Rusted pipes and tanks for storage or water truck? That's a chemical too.

A really good lawyer can find a loop hole sort of like a glove that don't fit. Just sayin that there is no way you can say the tests are 100% accurate. I'm not taking up for drivers but the tests are not 100%. A little bit of doubt is still doubt. 99.9% is still not 100%.

Highside Hustler25
06-21-2016, 06:33 PM

Very good question. None that I can remember. Anyone know for sure?

MI Dirt Fan
06-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Does it seem odd the person who started this topic has yet to post under it again???

drano
06-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Just a thought, it says the drivers are suspended not their cars I guess they could get someone else to drive their cars for them.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Just a thought, it says the drivers are suspended not their cars I guess they could get someone else to drive their cars for them.

Good question drano. Im reading it the same , just the drivers are suspended.

mud duck
06-21-2016, 07:10 PM

1. Scott Bloomquist

Lucas boy thru and thru. Left WoO in 2004 and never looked back. Been a Lucas regular since 2009 and has been the Lucas Oil poster child for the last 6 years.

2. Jimmy Owens

The other Lucas poster child. 3 Lucas titles in a row. Only National series he's ever competed in. Bleeds Lucas oil red second only to Scott.

3. Brandon Sheppard

One of the hottest young guns out there. Gained National exposure with WoO when he got the Rocket house car ride for a year. WoO thought they might get a fresh young driver for their series as some of the WoO originals are getting close to the end of their careers on a National level. But wait, B Shep ends up joining the Lucas tour right when they're in dire need of some new good talent after losing T Mac and Lanigan.

4. Greg Satterlee

Ran the WoO tour for quite a few years and has since dropped off to run a more regional schedule.

5. Ricky Thornton

I do find it strange that I can not remember WoO ever busting one of their regulars. Maybe coincidental who knows but it sure smells fishy. One thing I do know, WoO can't afford to suspend one of their own if they want to maintain a traveling series.

Your right!! They can't and won't suspend one of their own. Especially, the 1 car. Mark owns to much stock in them.

bullring
06-21-2016, 07:18 PM
One "Group" has too much control over dirt late model racing.

dirtdobber45
06-21-2016, 07:18 PM
So whats to say that the crew member doesnt have some chemical on his hands as he picks up the samples? Its in a sealed bag soaking up those chemicals. And if you rub the wall or another car in a race and the compound stamps isnt legible, does that mean that the tire has been 'defaced'?

kidrock
06-21-2016, 07:24 PM
They need to appeal like they are and then whatever happens from there they will have to deal with it and move on.

old fan
06-21-2016, 07:25 PM
I believe the UMP does the work there is difference between rubbing the wall and defacing the tire

IZZOJR16
06-21-2016, 07:26 PM
awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKES MY DAY

Josh Bayko
06-21-2016, 07:31 PM

1. Scott Bloomquist

2. Jimmy Owens

3. Brandon Sheppard

4. Greg Satterlee

5. Ricky Thornton

Gregg has never run the WoO. He's never run any tour, except for maybe the original UFO.

IZZOJR16
06-21-2016, 07:34 PM
no one better be b4tching about this. all I hear is how expensive racing is and what teams get away with, now a series enforces something we should all applaud.

bullring
06-21-2016, 07:34 PM
So can these guys run now if they are appealing?

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 07:39 PM
Just have them pick the tires up at the track the day of the race it's a simple fix.

That won't work according to the experts........

IZZOJR16
06-21-2016, 07:41 PM
come to think of it B Shep has been running quite well lately. things that make you go hmm. let all the innuendos start.

gorj
06-21-2016, 07:45 PM
So can these guys run now if they are appealing?

They can compete at DirtCar events until the appeal on Monday 6/27

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 07:51 PM
no one better be b4tching about this. all I hear is how expensive racing is and what teams get away with, now a series enforces something we should all applaud.

And that's the problem.........they are supposedly getting away with all this other stuff and the best the series can do is throw a terribly questionable antiquated random tire test at them , get some chatter going about it and say " look at what we are doing to keep it real".

Preposterous.......juiced tires aren't the dam reason racing costs are ridiculous, quite the opposite actually IMO.

And no offense meant to you at all.

old fan
06-21-2016, 07:53 PM
maybe not but safety and health concerns might be

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 07:55 PM
They can compete at DirtCar events until the appeal on Monday 6/27

And they can compete everywhere else in the country for rest of the year......ain't America great???

I miss ole blackie right about now, he would have had this joint jumpin on this nonsense.

old fan
06-21-2016, 07:57 PM
why certainly just can 't run the firecracker summer nats or world if found guilty

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 07:59 PM
maybe not but safety and health concerns might be

This is your brain on a non treated tire on fire ...........

This is your brain on a treated tire on fire...........

Breath enough of either in and you will die of something.

Any questions?????( insert egg sizzle sound here)

ride height
06-21-2016, 08:03 PM
The only way to end all this is to either just let them doctor the tires or ban them from all sanctioned events for like 5 yrs if caught. youre either going to have to put the fear of God in them with bans, OR just say screw it....do what you want to tires. Theres no middle ground here on this topic that I see as viable.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 08:03 PM
why certainly just can 't run the firecracker summer nats or world if found guilty

Why would they want to run where there not wanted anyway???

Plenty o options out there if you want to race.

IZZOJR16
06-21-2016, 08:04 PM
And that's the problem.........they are supposedly getting away with all this other stuff and the best the series can do is throw a terribly questionable antiquated random tire test at them , get some chatter going about it and say " look at what we are doing to keep it real". Preposterous.......juiced tires aren't the dam reason racing costs are ridiculous, quite the opposite actually IMO. And no offense meant to you at all. you can look at it like that I suppose ( glass have empty) but I see it as sign at least something is being done regardless how minute it may seem. I don't know how much recourses the racing series' have to keep up with all these high dollar teams and cheating. second, I understand that juiced tires aren't the only reason racing has become astronomically expensive , rather just a spoke in the whell amongst many other issues.

RW57
06-21-2016, 08:08 PM
Here is my take on this how could anyone be so stupid to doctor tires with 100 grand on the line. Is it stupid or arrogance or both.😭😭😭

dirtdobber45
06-21-2016, 08:11 PM
'altering the face of the tire lettering and/or tire stamping will not be permitted' ...this is a quote from the rule book so rubbing the wall or another car making the tire stamp illegible would be technically illegal right?

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 08:26 PM
We were by Satterlees ride when they took samples. They weren't just throwing chunks of rubber into random bags. The bags had been labeled and another dude was recording everything on a clipboard regarding the driver, tire compound in use, etc. They were doing a very through job of recording and ensuring that everything was correctly labeled and associated to the driver.

When they were testing Satterlees tires he was fairly agitated and short with everyone.
I didn't figure Sam was just stuffing them in a sandwich bag all willy nilly......the whole thing is really just stupid.

Reminds me a little bit of the 55 mph speed limit enforcement on the highway.......yeah, it's the law of the land, and totally enforceable ........but really?

powerslide
06-21-2016, 08:27 PM
'altering the face of the tire lettering and/or tire stamping will not be permitted' ...this is a quote from the rule book so rubbing the wall or another car making the tire stamp illegible would be technically illegal right?

You aren't going to rub the inside lettering off(they are on both sides of the mold). Sorry bout your luck. Try again.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 08:43 PM
you can look at it like that I suppose ( glass have empty) but I see it as sign at least something is being done regardless how minute it may seem. I don't know how much recourses the racing series' have to keep up with all these high dollar teams and cheating. second, I understand that juiced tires aren't the only reason racing has become astronomically expensive , rather just a spoke in the whell amongst many other issues.

The series guys aren't stupid,they just give this tire stuff a bunch of lip service and call it a day.........its just a bad plan, and deep down , it's really a shaky mysterious enforcment effort ripe with room for error , and they know it.
They can re write a rule book for a piece that could have basically been made with thrown out bed frames but they can't figure out a better way to do tires for their events????? Pfffffffffffft.

And fwiw, I'm far from a glass 1/2 empty guy.......but I'm also far from the guy that's not going to tell the emperor that he's not wearing any clothes either.

Sorry you took me that way.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2016, 08:47 PM
You aren't going to rub the inside lettering off(they are on both sides of the mold). Sorry bout your luck. Try again.

True dat....

old fan
06-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Why would they want to run where there not wanted anyway???Plenty o options out there if you want to race.100 k plus might have something to do with it

plunks7
06-21-2016, 08:57 PM
It's open late models, so run open tires. Anything goes!!! Ends the guessing games, and everybody can do it if they so do choose. So if 1 guy runs 1 compound does the rest of the field have to run what he is running? Saves money on testing and anything else associated with tires. I'm more concerned about other gadgets that some get away with.

old fan
06-21-2016, 09:01 PM
no you have to have a tire rule the woo sprints for example are 2 seconds quicker est but yet they have a strict tire rule

plunks7
06-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Good for the sprints. IDC about them, they have to get pushed to start. Boriiiiinnnnnngggggg

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-21-2016, 09:44 PM

Ask a25rjr he knows everythig about nuthn

bb14
06-21-2016, 09:49 PM
Buying tires the day of the race won't work. Back in the 90s I helped a NASCAR All Pro team and we would inject some inside the tire before the last hot lap session and run a couple of laps. It was worth 2 or 3 tenths for qualifying. Everybody did it. Some Cup teams, really big Cup team was caught a few years ago utilizing the large digital tire pressure gauges and injecting it into the tires during pit stops.

Racers will always cheat. I feel it is stealing myself.

drano
06-21-2016, 10:05 PM
If you could gain 2 or 3 tenths that stuff must have been amazing.

oldfart50
06-21-2016, 11:35 PM
I have seen it gain over a second for over 70 laps. If it wasnt amazing no one would be doing it.
If you could gain 2 or 3 tenths that stuff must have been amazing.

oldfart50
06-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Or maybe it is like this. If you are a Lucas guy with $100k on the line it is worth the risk. If you get caught you still get to run the Lucas series. But if you are a WOO guy and get caught you will also get suspended from the WOO. Risk VS Reward. Some of you should really contact your state and demand a refund for your education...
Could it be a conspiracy? This is how I break it down. 1. Scott Bloomquist Lucas boy thru and thru. Left WoO in 2004 and never looked back. Been a Lucas regular since 2009 and has been the Lucas Oil poster child for the last 6 years. 2. Jimmy Owens The other Lucas poster child. 3 Lucas titles in a row. Only National series he's ever competed in. Bleeds Lucas oil red second only to Scott. 3. Brandon Sheppard One of the hottest young guns out there. Gained National exposure with WoO when he got the Rocket house car ride for a year. WoO thought they might get a fresh young driver for their series as some of the WoO originals are getting close to the end of their careers on a National level. But wait, B Shep ends up joining the Lucas tour right when they're in dire need of some new good talent after losing T Mac and Lanigan. 4. Greg Satterlee Ran the WoO tour for quite a few years and has since dropped off to run a more regional schedule. 5. Ricky Thornton sorry:(I got nothin here I do find it strange that I can not remember WoO ever busting one of their regulars. Maybe coincidental who knows but it sure smells fishy. One thing I do know, WoO can't afford to suspend one of their own if they want to maintain a traveling series.

gjohnston
06-21-2016, 11:51 PM
Jimmy Mars has to be laughing about this.

cutman
06-22-2016, 05:01 AM
Is it possible that Sam caught wind of what teams were using and sending to the lab to see if it would pass? Or would what they were using be undetectable regardless of knowing what to test for?

old fan
06-22-2016, 05:38 AM
Good for the sprints. IDC about them, they have to get pushed to start. Boriiiiinnnnnngggggg true about that but a he11 va a lot faster than a late model

drano
06-22-2016, 05:43 AM
I have seen it gain over a second for over 70 laps. If it wasnt amazing no one would be doing it.

No wonder people get caught cheating when they tire dope if you gain a second that would sure draw suspicion.

Highside Hustler25
06-22-2016, 06:15 AM
Or maybe it is like this. If you are a Lucas guy with $100k on the line it is worth the risk. If you get caught you still get to run the Lucas series. But if you are a WOO guy and get caught you will also get suspended from the WOO. Risk VS Reward. Some of you should really contact your state and demand a refund for your education...

Well, my State is 9 tenths broke:rolleyes:Any other options???

old fan
06-22-2016, 06:50 AM
what state of confusion

Necrosis
06-22-2016, 07:25 AM
When they were testing Satterlees tires he was fairly agitated and short with everyone.Now now now, no need to make those kinda jokes about a man's height! Yes, he may have come up short at the Dream, but at least he can stand tall knowing he didn't cheat! What's that you say? He did? Well, he should just be the bigger man and admit his shortcomings... He shouldn't let his detractors weaken his resolve... Just give them the double tall man and tell 'em to go to hell!