PDA

View Full Version : Is Carrier done for the season?

jobronie
06-23-2016, 07:26 PM
I see his schedule has been cleared.

Kwoods25
06-23-2016, 08:05 PM
I think they re just picking and choosing where they go from here. Been spending time with family I see

victorylane
06-23-2016, 10:10 PM
maybe he's tired of racing against cheaters

jshawn81
06-24-2016, 08:03 AM
Maybe he's tired of having top notch equipment and can't win a weekly show

george w
06-24-2016, 09:19 AM
onedirt posted an article explaining things if your interested check it out....

weatherman85
06-24-2016, 09:21 AM
His Website now also has an update on the situation. Looks like his owner, Carl Grover, is shutting down the team.

zyoung25
06-24-2016, 09:27 AM
Big shock to me.....never seen Grover getting out of it. At least Eddie will still be driving some though.

Kwoods25
06-24-2016, 09:32 AM
Hate it for Eddie.

Pennsboro23
06-24-2016, 09:33 AM
That stinks for Eddie. Good luck to him. Would be cool to see him get the Hudkins ride that Benedum is in.

golddirt
06-24-2016, 09:47 AM
Good luck to Eddie one of the good guys

toast
06-24-2016, 10:20 AM
I seen him win the Hillbilly in WV in 2007, Glad that he won! It just goes to show how expensive it is to run a series
Or to just pick and choose races!

formercrewguy
06-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Reece is hooking up with Carrier. He said he is tired of spending money on a cheater.

Mams
06-24-2016, 12:21 PM
On DOD it said Eddie & wife would still be working at Engines, Inc., which I assume is Grover Racing Engines. Also as expected Eddie had nothing but kind words for Grover & their racing experiences together. Always a class act!

dirt junkie
06-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Hate to hear this..always have liked the guy. His N/S win a couple years ago was a good thing to see

Highside Hustler25
06-24-2016, 01:06 PM
Hate to hear this..always have liked the guy. His N/S win a couple years ago was a good thing to see

I'll never forget that one.

Eddie is quite the role model even if he never raced a late model. Bummed that I'll probably never see him up my way again.

waaac77
06-24-2016, 02:14 PM
I'll never forget that one.

Eddie is quite the role model even if he never raced a late model. Bummed that I'll probably never see him up my way again.

I was actually at that one and will never forget it. Kept waiting for something to happen because was so used to seeing Owens O'Neal or Bloomer win that danm race. Definitely made the 12 hour trip worth it seeing Carrier and became a huge fan because of it. Hope to see him back soon

toast
06-24-2016, 03:15 PM
It wouldn't bother me if Reece picked up Carrier, But I hope he doesn't start cheating like the 2 guys that got caught recently and before that and before that........!

TackyTracker
06-24-2016, 03:26 PM
yes that would be cool

Finnfan
06-24-2016, 03:32 PM
Eddie Carrier Jr. is one of nicest drivers I've met and always seems to have a good attitude. I was also at the North-South when he won and will never forget the huge victory celebration in front of the flagstand. If I remember correctly his Dad was inducted into the HoF that afternoon, and he was even asked what it would mean if "little Eddie" won, and you could tell by his answer they didn't really expect to win, and then Little Eddie pulled it off.

However, that being said, with the top-notch equipment and as many races and series he's competed in over SEVERAL years, it seems like there should have been much better results (and wins). He really hasn't had that much success on the regional level either. Even the North-South race was a Bloomquist-Owens battle for the entire race, then Bloomquist tangled with Marlar and Owens flatted on lap 98 while leading. Not saying ECJ didn't earn it, but he wasn't really a factor until the last few laps.

In other words, you just get the feeling that if there had been more wins, Grover wouldn't be going anywhere.

Pennsboro23
06-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Eddie Carrier Jr. is one of nicest drivers I've met and always seems to have a good attitude. I was also at the North-South when he won and will never forget the huge victory celebration in front of the flagstand. If I remember correctly his Dad was inducted into the HoF that afternoon, and he was even asked what it would mean if "little Eddie" won, and you could tell by his answer they didn't really expect to win, and then Little Eddie pulled it off.

However, that being said, with the top-notch equipment and as many races and series he's competed in over SEVERAL years, it seems like there should have been much better results (and wins). He really hasn't had that much success on the regional level either. Even the North-South race was a Bloomquist-Owens battle for the entire race, then Bloomquist tangled with Marlar and Owens flatted on lap 98 while leading. Not saying ECJ didn't earn it, but he wasn't really a factor until the last few laps.

In other words, you just get the feeling that if there had been more wins, Grover wouldn't be going anywhere.

Eddie was great regionally except for this year. Something hasn't been right, he use to pick off those 3,000 - 5,000 to win shows all day long.

71PRPFan
06-24-2016, 05:33 PM
he finished 2nd at the world that one year and i know he finished ins to bloomer at the dtwc behind the purple bloomer mobile. eddie won't be out long.

dirtdobber45
06-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Hes a very nice guy hate to see that happen. Hes dad is a great guy too

zyoung25
06-24-2016, 07:12 PM
That stinks for Eddie. Good luck to him. Would be cool to see him get the Hudkins ride that Benedum is in.

Won't get a better shoe in WV I don't think. This guy better be blowing Eddies phone up trying to get him in that car.

Just The Tip
06-24-2016, 10:21 PM
Not the region I am from, but what about the ride Paul Wilmoth Jr. was in? From everything I've read that was pretty good equipment. Didn't they run the first part of the WOO tour this year? Just a thought.

aflack83
06-24-2016, 11:07 PM
Really really hate to hear this. One hell of a wheelman and an even better person. Someone put this man behind the wheel!!!! He can drive with the best of em!!!

GEAR_HEAD
06-25-2016, 01:40 AM
Not the region I am from, but what about the ride Paul Wilmoth Jr. was in? From everything I've read that was pretty good equipment. Didn't they run the first part of the WOO tour this year? Just a thought.

This was already mentioned in the thread, including the post right before yours.

Just The Tip
06-25-2016, 01:53 AM
This was already mentioned in the thread, including the post right before yours.

Ha, I feel dumb. Like I said not my region. Thanks for the information. Hope eddie gets a good ride.

dirtdobber45
06-25-2016, 04:26 PM
Here is a statement that has been written for lil Eddie http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?359457-Eddie-Carrrier-Jr-to-Scale-Back-His-Racing-Program

71PRPFan
06-25-2016, 09:02 PM
Get that man a LongSwartz and he'll be back on track before you know it

MBR Performance
06-25-2016, 09:20 PM
A LongSwartz?

71PRPFan
06-25-2016, 09:37 PM
its like a long horn but better

MBR Performance
06-26-2016, 07:53 AM
I would say more like a Swartz. One thing I like and respect about Audie is he does his own thing and doesn't copy. Actually a lot of builders copy him then take all the credit

chupp n bloomer fan
06-26-2016, 08:07 AM
Eddie was great regionally except for this year. Something hasn't been right, he use to pick off those 3,000 - 5,000 to win shows all day long.Definitely. Them were his bread n butter. No idea what has happened. Huge fan of Eddie, ever since the KC 100 in like 03? Is Carl a businessman who was shelling out a bunch of cash and not getting results yeah, in turn making it even rougher financially. But that guy is a smart cookie with his own personal engine shop, and a bunch of nice personal vehicles. I know they said economy, but I'd go with it wasn't economically feasible anymore with how they were running. Carl isn't young, and if you're shelling out tens of thousands, and only getting back a few grand, after awhile you gotta throw your arms up.

Glad he is staying there as an employee. Best of wishes to Eddie, Carl, and the rest of the Carriers. I think that ride Wilmouth was in wouldn't be a bad option to see if it's worth a dam.

cutman
06-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Maybe he's tired of having top notch equipment and can't win a weekly show

Slamming one of the good guys 👍🏻